Do Takara actually have a ****ing clue what they're doing (nitpicking)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Cliffjumper

Do Takara actually have a ****ing clue what they're doing (nitpicking)

Post by Cliffjumper »

Argh. Just got my Hound reissue, and in Jeep mode the head rattles around, and the plastic seems very poor. Plus the twats have put the rubsign on th bonnet. I despise rubsigns anyway, but somehow I'm meant to fit an Autobot logo (not so vital, but I'd rather have it than a bloody rubsign) and a US Army star on there as well. Do they just not have a QC department? How can you **** a reissue of a toy up in such a thoughtless way? Wankers.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

The black waist parts aren't even moulded properly. ****ing Hell, that is now about £150 of new Takara toys I've bought that have shitty quality control. ****ing twats.

Why do I keep doing this? Why the Hell do I keep expecting the quality of Takara's work to be like a real toy company?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I cannot attach those damned eye stickers to my Skywarp and TC toys... Damn yous Takara!

It's just as well I passed on Metroplex...
Clay

Post by Clay »

Cliffjumper wrote: Do Takara actually have a ****ing clue what they're doing (nitpicking)

Yes.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I stand corrected.
FortMax

Post by FortMax »

Cliffjumper wrote:Argh. Just got my Hound reissue, and in Jeep mode the head rattles around
That mold's always done that.
Cliffjumper wrote:and the plastic seems very poor.
The plastic on mine seems consistant with all my other reissues.
Cliffjumper wrote:Plus the twats have put the rubsign on th bonnet. I despise rubsigns anyway, but somehow I'm meant to fit an Autobot logo (not so vital, but I'd rather have it than a bloody rubsign) and a US Army star on there as well.
Hound's rubsign has always been there. Blame Hasbro for that. (Also, it's not like Hound has very many smooth areas big enough for a rubsign to begin with) Plys, you can always take the rubsign off.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

FortMax wrote:That mold's always done that.
Not this much - I have the original.

The plastic on mine seems consistant with all my other reissues.
Not like the original.

Hound's rubsign has always been there. Blame Hasbro for that. (Also, it's not like Hound has very many smooth areas big enough for a rubsign to begin with) Plys, you can always take the rubsign off.
They could have either relocated it, or left it off entirely - rubsigns are shit. I have taken it off, and after careful cleaning, managed to get the residue off without destroying the sticker underneath. It's thoughtless idiocy, bad design - someone at some stage at Takara should have tried applying the stickers as per the fresh instructions included, realised it was impossible and revised it. Who knows, maybe someone did try, and there was the standard Takara respnse - this'll do, Transformers fans have settled for corner-cutting at every other juncture, so who cares?

If people want to settle for that, or make excues along the lines of "well, it's basically okay for this reason", that's their bag. But this is the reason Transformers fans get such shit. Bandai would have never had put such a sloppy piece of crap out. I'm not expecting some sort of masterpiece, I'm just expecting the toy to be manufactured with some semblance of quality control, and without horrible manufacturing errors.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Uh, Takara/Tomy are the masters of chrome. How can they NOT know what they're doing?
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

obviously Takara had no Idea what they were doing. they were going under and needed tomy to bail them out.

guess we are lucky, though. Hasbro would have let the brand die, rather than buy Transformers from takara lock, stock and barrel.
Come on and wind me up.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Actually, before I out myself through all this for Encore Trailbreaker, has the stuff since Tomy took over had better quality control? By this I mean are there any stupid mistakes along these lines, such as bad moulding or simple old problems that haven't been fixed... "Oh yah my Encore Bumblebee had no head but then neither does my old one so yay Takara" isn't the kind of thing I'm after here, BTW, just whether they've been able to reproduce the toys without ****ing them up.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

I have a couple encores(1 and 8), and there seems to be nothing wrong with them. I plan to get more after the holidays are done sucking my wallet dry.
Hope my luck holds...

Oh, yeah, F**k rub signs. I don't buy TF's wondering if its a good guy or bad, and I didn't when I was a little kid, either.:eyebrow:
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Not encores, but some of my henkeis had problems fitting together or had some looser joints here and there. Other were perfectly immaculate.

No clue about the re-issues, but most people at tfw2005 regard them as 'having plastic that feels cheap".

Even though they've been talking about cheap plastic since the movie line. I bet MP Grimlock's plastic is going to be "cheap" as well.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It'd difficult to describe, it just doesn't have the glossy feel of the old one... Never noticed it with Smokescreen or Skids (though they did have other issues...). The head is so loose that if you turn the jeep upside down, it slids completely out - my C6 original doesn't do this. It's not the end of the world as I'm not likely to spend a huge amount of time having Hound upside down in jeep mode, but still... these are the sort of failings I'd expect from knock-offs - you cut corners, you have to expect some problems - not from an official Takara product.

TBH, I'll probably take a punt on Trailbreaker, even if just for a set of accessories.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

My reissue Hound is fine, no rattle and I even managed to get the stickers on properly. Takara hate cliffy.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Is there any chance at all that you might have just got lucky/unlucky?

I sure hope TB's accessories don't have the same QC problems.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Turbo 07

Post by Turbo 07 »

Cliffjumper wrote:But this is the reason Transformers fans get such shit. Bandai would have never had put such a sloppy piece of crap out.
I'd be interested to know where that actually happens, because everywhere _I've_ gone it's Bandai that gets dumped on.

Personally, I'll always love Bandai for the GoBots but was a little underwhelmed by the quality of Machine Robo Rescue.
Cliffjumper wrote:but still... these are the sort of failings I'd expect from knock-offs - you cut corners, you have to expect some problems - not from an official Takara product.
My Hound's fine, as are most of my TFCs, but I'll be honest here and admit I haven't opened any of the many Encores I've bought. I really hope Jazz turned out alright, as it's the first "right" version of him since the Euro Classic Heroes in 1990/1991.

The knockoff bit is funny, though, because some of them (Mirage, for instance) have been really outclassing the official product from either Hasbro or Tomy. I'm expecting Wheeljack (yes, finally!) to show up in about a week or so and hope he's up to the same standards.