TF Universe Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Remember when I complained about Onslaught having too many breakaway points? Feels like I've had to completely reassemble Galvatron every time I've transformed him.

That and he's extremely scrawy. This is the robot every decepticon fears?
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

I have found and bought a Powerglide today. Other than his wings that connect to his arms not wanting to always stay snapped on to the sides, not too bad a mold. I wonder why the designers insisted on putting big, blocky letters in certain areas, other than the disguise motif, it really doesn't serve a purpose and clutters up the paint application. Next complaint would be why the undersides of the alternate mode are not smooth and just left naked to see the supports. The major plus is: I didn't have to almost kill myself opening the box in order to take the toy out. I don't mind the off-white with red motif, but I feel a red of a more dull shade would have worked better instead of it being almost brilliant. And final complaint is how the paint apps seem to not be finished in certain areas. Other than that, a lovely figure.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

Found Acid Storm today. I like him, and hope they'll be releasing some other "Rainmakers.

One odd quirk: he has two left hands! No joke, his right hand is a left hand turned upside down. Oo Anybody else have this problem?
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Transformer Kamen wrote:One odd quirk: he has two left hands! No joke, his right hand is a left hand turned upside down. Oo Anybody else have this problem?
There's been a lot of sporadic reports on ALL the TF Universe figures thus far having issues like that. Doesn't seem to be related to any batches at all.. just improper assembly by Chinese children.
Transformer Kamen

TFVanguard wrote:There's been a lot of sporadic reports on ALL the TF Universe figures thus far having issues like that. Doesn't seem to be related to any batches at all.. just improper assembly by Chinese children.
I didn't figure it was a wide spread problem, at least not on specific runs of figures--actually, it adds quite a bit of personality to the toy. It's just an assembly problem I've never seen before.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

I'd be both annoyed and happy with a figure like that.

It's crappy, but kinda neat to have a mess-up.

I use to have a Stormtrooper with two right hands.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Opinions of Universe toys

Post by Neuronutter »

Seeing as how the thread on opinions of Animated toys is chugging along so nicely I thought I'd start one for people to post their opinions of the new Universe/Classics 2.0 toys. I'll start with my recent acquisitions.

Onslaught - Absolutely superb. Looks great posed in robot mode and has a look of "don't f*ck with me". Reminds me of CD Scattershot, who I also love, in all the best ways. Not as impressed by his vehicle mode as I thought I would be, but it's still good. I love this toy!

Powerglide - suffers a little from bad posture, like Animated Megs has knock knees. Looks good though and I love that PG is so big. I really like his vehicle mode.

Prowl - an awesome figure. Looks great in both modes, very poseable, an all round excellent figure.

Sunstreaker - very nice except for the oddness of his shoulders. They just look damn quirky. Apart from that a good figure.

Galvatron - what a freakin' mess. This guy should've been a voyager or bigger. He's far too complicated for a figure this size and suffers because of it. His poseability is severly lacking, as is the figure in general.

Roll on the next wave.
Transformer Kamen

Glad to hear what you think...but there's already a thread for this. (Don't sweat it. It was a bit buried. ;))
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Transformer Kamen wrote:Glad to hear what you think...but there's already a thread for this. (Don't sweat it. It was a bit buried. ;))
Dammit! And there was me thinking I was original! ;)

Right, if a mod wants to lock or delete this thread?
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

It appears to have been merged. I found Universe Onslaught yesterday, among other Universe and Animated figures, but didn't buy him. He looks interesting, but I couldn't bring myself to buying it then.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Finally managed to find an Onslaught yesterday; he was the only Ultra on the shelf, so I guess someone had already bought the Powerglide.

He's nifty. I'm probably going to limit myself to only one Ultra for dual reasons of cost and space, and I'm happy I picked Onslaught. I quite like the APC mode. It doesn't look quite as outlandish or cartoony as it does in the pictures, and it definitely has a character to it all its own. It's a bit odd that the robot doesn't have a proper rifle (there's room to store one underneath the APC), but it's quite intimidating nonetheless.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I also picked up Onslaught tonight, he's pretty wicked. There is one HUGE problem though, which I WILL contact Hasbro about: my Onslaught has TWO RIGHT HANDS. At first I was perplexed, but once I figured out they put two of the same hands on, I've been kinda irked about it. We'll see what they say tomorrow. Twin hands aside, he's a sweet TF. Glad I picked him up because now my budget is out and there will be no more TF's for quite some time.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

ganon578 wrote:I also picked up Onslaught tonight, he's pretty wicked. There is one HUGE problem though, which I WILL contact Hasbro about: my Onslaught has TWO RIGHT HANDS. At first I was perplexed, but once I figured out they put two of the same hands on, I've been kinda irked about it. We'll see what they say tomorrow. Twin hands aside, he's a sweet TF. Glad I picked him up because now my budget is out and there will be no more TF's for quite some time.
Let us know what they say as this seems to be a common problem. I haven't looked at mine that closely but I'll have a look this evening.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Mine has a propper set of hands.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Called Hasbro this morning, apparently they're still under their summertime hours, which means they don't work on Fridays via telephone. I did email them though, we'll see what happens. I'll post what happens here when I find out.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Neuronutter wrote:
Galvatron - what a freakin' mess. This guy should've been a voyager or bigger. He's far too complicated for a figure this size and suffers because of it. His poseability is severly lacking, as is the figure in general.

Roll on the next wave.
I agree hole heartedly! The only thing that makes him half decent is if you have him next to the Classics Megatron (deluxe Tank that came in the DVD box set). Then he at least fits!

I think he would have been pretty cool as a voyager or bigger but oh well...
at least they got the general colors right, unlike Universe Blaster.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

RID Scourge wrote:Mine has a propper set of hands.
Mine too. Just checked. One left, one right.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

RID Scourge wrote:Remember when I complained about Onslaught having too many breakaway points? Feels like I've had to completely reassemble Galvatron every time I've transformed him.
I had this problem too. The first time I transformed Galvatron every piece that could come off did. It was extremely frustrating and now I'm loathe to transform him at all if I can help it. What a mess!
numbat

Post by numbat »

Neuronutter wrote:Let us know what they say as this seems to be a common problem.
Aye - my Movie '74 Bumblebee has two of the same hand, as does my Movie Premium Jazz...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

And i haven't encountered any of these hand problems EVAR. :p
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]