TF Universe Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

secretcode wrote:Galvatron only has a deluxe. His package doesn't state that it's a future Megatron. Hell, he could have the IDW origin. The main gripe is that he's so f***ing small compared to Rodimus, Prime and Megatron and he's the same size as Bumblebee (With Jetpack).
Well, if he has a different bio than a future Megs, it could work for my collection. If he is the same size as Bumblebee though, that could make it weird, as I assume his tech specs are pretty much off the charts. So a small guy with that kind of power just makes it not quite fit in. On the other hand, I did pick up Heavy Load, so I can't really make the "not fitting in" argument for my collection.
numbat

Post by numbat »

ganon578 wrote:Well, if he has a different bio than a future Megs, it could work for my collection. If he is the same size as Bumblebee though, that could make it weird, as I assume his tech specs are pretty much off the charts. So a small guy with that kind of power just makes it not quite fit in. On the other hand, I did pick up Heavy Load, so I can't really make the "not fitting in" argument for my collection.
Cybertron Unicron anyone??

:lol:

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I got Heavy Load today (as well as a mostly complete Cyb Brimstone, but that's not the point) Once I figured out the feet, I was very impressed. I'm using him as Mixmaster (a Herald of Unicron) in my own micro-continuity.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Got Blades yesterday. Both mods are great, but the only problem I have is that the guns on his back don't quite work while in bot mod.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I've heard Blades is out...However, no sightings here yet.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

numbat wrote:Cybertron Unicron anyone??

So true... :D
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

ganon578 wrote:So true... :D
First time I saw him on shelf I walked away laughing in disappointment.

It just reaffirmed my dislike of the Cybertron series.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Catalyst Dragon wrote:First time I saw him on shelf I walked away laughing in disappointment.

It just reaffirmed my dislike of the Cybertron series.
Once you get past the size and tank thing, he actually a really good mould - and makes a good Bludgeon as everyone says (a Universe repaint???).

But! He can stand on his own oversized and wrecked head now!

;)

Ah... Unicron...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

numbat wrote:Cybertron Unicron anyone??

Bludgeon!!!!!!!

No, seriously, that was tiny.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Sunstreaker2 wrote:I've heard Blades is out...However, no sightings here yet.
I got Blades (and Dropshot), but I've got a bit of 'buyer's remorse' with him. The voyagers really don't fit in with the deluxes in the Universe line ... they're just too big for that characters/designs that they are. :S
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Is it just me or do you think that Galvatron should be at least a voyager?
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

electro girl wrote:Is it just me or do you think that Galvatron should be at least a voyager?
Well, it wouldn't be bad as a deluxe if he wasn't a SMALL one, and we weren't getting so many Voyager scaled figures already (like... Powerglide of all bots?). He's tiny compared to most of his own troops.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

TFVanguard wrote:Well, it wouldn't be bad as a deluxe if he wasn't a SMALL one, and we weren't getting so many Voyager scaled figures already (like... Powerglide of all bots?). He's tiny compared to most of his own troops.
Yeah, he's going to be really small compared to the 'Cons he's supposed to lead. His bio makes him fit in to the Decepticon leader position:

From Hasbro's website:
Arrogant, powerful and ruthless, GALVATRON has emerged to seize control of the scattered DECEPTICON forces. He has formed what was once a loose confederation of assassins and warlords into an army capable of threatening the entire universe. Rumors abound, but no one knows where he came from; they know only that he arrived, and swiftly crushed all opposition to his rule. Some DECEPTICONS hope another leader powerful enough to challenge him will emerge, but most are too afraid of him to even hope for someone better.

So he fits in the sense that it doesn't outright say he's a remade Megs. But you'd think he would be better as a Voyager/Ultra if he's their leader. Oh well. I guess I'll just take what I can get.:confused:
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

ganon578 wrote: he arrived, and swiftly crushed all opposition to his rule
[Youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/de9SQ5H3L5s&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/de9SQ5H3L5s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YouTube]
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I looked at some photos from SDCC, and it looks like Galvatron isn't quite as small as I thought. It may just be me, but it looks like he's pretty much as tall as Acid Storm and Ironhide, but a lot beefier. So maybe it won't be so bad.

http://sdcc08.asmzine.com/gallery/hasbr ... _1350.html

BTW, I saw Blaster for the first time at Wal-Mart last night. His paint job looked kinda cheap, and I still can't get over the non-new head. LAZINESS!!!
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

ganon578 wrote:I looked at some photos from SDCC, and it looks like Galvatron isn't quite as small as I thought. It may just be me, but it looks like he's pretty much as tall as Acid Storm and Ironhide, but a lot beefier. So maybe it won't be so bad.

http://sdcc08.asmzine.com/gallery/hasbr ... _1350.html

BTW, I saw Blaster for the first time at Wal-Mart last night. His paint job looked kinda cheap, and I still can't get over the non-new head. LAZINESS!!!
I like the Soundblaster deco best, but I'm far too cheap to try and buy it. (Takara exclusive) So, I'll have to make do with Universe Blaster.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Detective Barricade wrote:I like the Soundblaster deco best, but I'm far too cheap to try and buy it. (Takara exclusive) So, I'll have to make do with Universe Blaster.
I was actually lucky enough to get Cyb Soundwave through Wal-Mart's website before they were out. Had him shipped site to store, and I think that's the best coloring, but I'm also using him in my Classics collection. The Soundblaster deco is also pretty sweet though.

On the Galvatron size note, another TF website just posted a gallery of pics for him, and to my surprise, he's pretty much as tall as Sunstreaker! ;)
Starfield
Protoform

Post by Starfield »

When I saw that Dropshot was a redeco of Cybertron Defense Scattorshot, I thought maybe I would consider getting him. Then I saw Dropshot's colors. :sick:
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Blades works, because I have actually seen a picture of the helicopter model he is with similar colors. They should have called Dropshot Blight instead, because he more resembles the Energon Combaticon than his G1 incarnation.
Starfield
Protoform

Prowl mold

Post by Starfield »

I've only seen pictures of Prowl, but there is something about him that doesn't seem too attractive about him. Since I have only seen the pictures, maybe it is different in real life. His head seems to high on his body and his shoulders slope down and his arms seem a bit too thin. It strikes me as pretty ugly. I wanted to get Bluestreak but I'm afraid I won't like him. Can anyone tell me if the toy shows the same disproportions as I am seeing in the picture? Thanks.