I got Cybertron Dark Scorponok...

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Vincent
Protoform

I got Cybertron Dark Scorponok...

Post by Vincent »

I'm too lazy to write up everything, so I'll just copy/paste my previous messages from another board =)

Part 1 (The Rush):

Well, a couple of days ago I got ol' Scorpy, and I just popped him out of the box and fiddled around a bit.

All I can say is; wow. Even after I bought him I still felt I was going to regret this purchase but he's damn cool! I can't put my finger on it, but he's a G1 dream! Simple transformation, clunky, blocky, and powerful!

My only two complaints regard the sensitive sound switches, which got annoying pretty quick. The other thing was how squeaky this guy is. As cool as this figure is it feels like it was built 50 years ago because of how the joints feel. I think I'm gonna oil this sucker.

Part 2 (The Realization):

Although right now I'm starting to believe that this particular product is FAULTY! I'm finding an unusual amount of bad, white stress-marks on it (are all stress marks white??). I can't tell if the toy came that way or if it was due to my attempt to overcome its stubborn joints.

I also tried to rub some cooking oil on it to help with the joints, and though it did, Scorpy's slippery now! The guy's bulky as he is already, so when I'm trying to wipe oil on it I end up wiping half the figure haha! Also the feet and redlights on its chest keep popping off.

Does anybody know of a way to have that oil dry quickly? It's kind of annoying now. After I do that I'm going to fetch those drop-thingies (the name evades my memory at the moment) and use it to drip oil into the joints. I also think I might try to apply glue to those poppables. I'm still sad about those stress marks, though =( (I'm also going to take out those damn batteries)

He's still an awesome toy and I'm glad I picked him up. Any thoughts, congrats, opinions, and especially help is welcome =)