Animated Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Sunstreaker2 wrote:Just got Voyager Megatron yesterday. After doing that modification that lets the cannon sit flat against his arm, he stands a lot better.
Give me link now! Eh, i mean, where's the tutorial?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Blackjack wrote:Finally got my first Animated toys. Got Prowl, Bulkhead, Blackarania and Lockdown. Nice toys, with better articulation than some of the Movie toys. Prowl and Blackarachnia particularly ware great. Lockdown is a Deluxe toy as large as a Voyager... No errors on that eh? Bulkhead looks like Cybertron's Crumplezone in terms of colour, head design, insanely large hands and stubby legs that somehow managa to let them stand.
Leader Bulkhead will be the chase version IMO. Who can resist hearing Patrick? (same VA) And the feet have treads molded in, too! So what if he's got a ton of ammo that he's never seen with? I really think that these three Leaders this time (UM, EM Megs, L Bulkhead) may all be must haves, instead two must haves and a must avoid (the last one is the flier).
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I got the Voyager Bulkhead because he has the wrecking ball. He's a fun toy, only down size is the size comparison to other Animated toys, but that's not so much a big deal to me. Leader Bulkhead has a ton of weapon upgrades that don't seem worth the giant price tag. Never was a fan of the voice chips either.

I'm definately going after Leader Megs and Magnus when they come out though. The two of them both look ultra badass.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Thanks!
Detective Barricade wrote:Leader Bulkhead will be the chase version IMO. Who can resist hearing Patrick? (same VA) And the feet have treads molded in, too! So what if he's got a ton of ammo that he's never seen with? I really think that these three Leaders this time (UM, EM Megs, L Bulkhead) may all be must haves, instead two must haves and a must avoid (the last one is the flier).
Got it, and i second the above statement.
Blitzwing wrote:I got the Voyager Bulkhead because he has the wrecking ball. He's a fun toy, only down size is the size comparison to other Animated toys, but that's not so much a big deal to me. Leader Bulkhead has a ton of weapon upgrades that don't seem worth the giant price tag. Never was a fan of the voice chips either.

I'm definately going after Leader Megs and Magnus when they come out though. The two of them both look ultra badass.
You need to get L. BH fast. F***ing Awesome!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

The only Leader I'm buying is Ultra Magnus.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I hate you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Meh. Ultra Magnus is awesome. And I already have the Voyager Bulkhead.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

WHY DOES NO ONE WANT L. BH? It looks a lot better next to the deluxes than Voyager, in terms of scale.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I saw a video review of it. I wasn't impressed. He's actually shorter than Voyager Prime. I like the vehicle mode and Headmaster, but I'm not going to buy one.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Believe it or not, L.BH's vehicle mode isn't much bigger than Voyager's. It's the robot that really gets enlarged. And you though Megs had good 'mass displacement abilities...

Oh, and his kibble DOES NOT turn into a chair.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

As for Earth Mode Megatron, I like it, but I only have enough money in my budget for one Leader. So Ultra Magnus it shall be!
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I think Magnus' vehicle mode seems too...blocky. Looks like a G1 Magnus and CYB DEF Scattershot hybrid.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

That's the charm in it. He's a big badass missle truck. With 12 guns and a HAMMER.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

oh, i like it, but i think it's not Better than L. BH
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Although I like Bulkhead (he looks like GF Crumplezone, by the way) I buy Voyager. The leader class one is better, but I have pocket problems. (i.e. $$$):D . Ultra Magnus looks blocky. If there is any leader I'm going after it's him. Not that Bulkhead and Megatron ain't nice, but I've got Voyager Bulkhead and five Megatrons already, so UM it is.

Is Blitzwing, Swoop or Soundwave out yet? I like them.
Shield Strike
Protoform

Post by Shield Strike »

Picked up Bumblebee and Lockdown today from Forbidden Planet in Wolverhampton and I must say i'm very impressed.

I like the look of most of the toys i've seen on the net and had my eye on Lockdown, been waiting for ages for him show up near me. He's great in person!

Love Bumblebee too, these two are my favourite figures i've bought for a long time, cat wait to pick up some from this line!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Heh. We had the first two purchases.

I bet Prowl and Blackarachnia are next.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Treadshot A1 wrote:Believe it or not, L.BH's vehicle mode isn't much bigger than Voyager's. It's the robot that really gets enlarged. And you though Megs had good 'mass displacement abilities...

Oh, and his kibble DOES NOT turn into a chair.
I thought that, until I met a certain bounty hunter named Lockdown. Deluxe sized car, Voyager (Ultra possibly) sized robot! I think that both Voyager Bulkhead and Leader Bulkhead have there perks and downfalls. Voyager is not as armed, and includes the wrecking ball, but his robot mode's size makes me feel as though I'd be paying too much for him. On the other hand, Leader Bulkhead is much more size accurate, he's got a lot of gimmicks that don't hurt him much, his kibble can form a chair (he sits awkwardly because of the wheels), and he comes with the Headmaster unit accessory (TOTAL OWNAGE, N00B! Yeah, that Headmaster) which changes the electronics to Headmaster mode. On the down side, he is a Leader class figure, so he won't come cheap, and he's got weapons that he's never seen with. I want to get the Leader version because it overall seems more fun. And the Headmaster unit will attach to the other two Leader class figures as well, but won't change their phrases to "OWNAGE!!! TOTAL OWNAGE!!!" (I've seen a video review of EM Megatron showing that fact). Jazz looks amazing as well!:D
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Can't make a chair with mine?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]