[CUSTOM] Cybertron Insecticon Barrage

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Retread
Protoform

Cybertron Insecticon Barrage

Post by Retread »

Well, while my unfished bashes are piling up I've got a few new projects from transformers I picked up on sale last week. (Said I wasn't going to spend anymore, but who can pass up a good sale?)

Image Image
Using the cheap wal-mart acrylics, so its taking a bit to get full coverage.

Actually got this idea from a bash posted by deadpool over at tfans. He gave clocker's pipes to scrap metal and came up with a cool jet alt-mode. I'll probably keep the insect mode too, if I can get the cannon bracket off his shoulder. Need somewhere to stick the pipes in that mode. His sword is going to need a home too, unless I let Prime keep it.

Going to borrow Deadpool's clocker into Blaster bash as well. Just trying to decide if I'm keeping the car alt mode.
Clay

Post by Clay »

YOU KILLED SCRAPMETAL!!11

Which cheap Walmart acrylics? The walmarts here stock Testors acrylics, which are the same stuff as Modelmaster as far as I know, but in smaller bottles.

Of course, selection isn't great. If I want black, white, purple, or teal, I'm fine, but if I want... blue, I have to drive an hour to Hobby Lobby.
Retread
Protoform

Post by Retread »

Paint is by folk art in the crafts department at Wal-mart. Hard to pass up for the price. :) Little more than a buck for a 2 oz bottle. They've got a pretty good range of metallics and maybe 10 or more shades of every other colour. Only problem is it seems to rub off, even from just touching it. I think the stuff actually designed for glass or ceramics, or at least something you're not going to handle once its painted.
Figured scrapmetal was a small enough figure, I'd see if a clear coat would help any.
Other than some joint scrape I'd expect with any paint, it didn't turn out too bad.

Here's Barrage in bot mode and energon recon and extraction mode.
ImageImageImageImage

And a few shots in energon transport mode.

ImageImageImageImage

Spent awhile with a soldering iron trying to get the bracket off his shoulder. Barely moved tho, so I guess I'm keeping it. It's an alright spot to keep his sword in bug mode at least.:) :)
grimlockprime108
Protoform

Post by grimlockprime108 »

clear coat helps immensly where the walmart craft acrylics are concerned
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

...HOORAY!!

i haven't looked in here in a while- that rocks! i have a special affinity for barrage- and am working on a custom movie BB making him barrage- thats spiffy!
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Retread
Protoform

Post by Retread »

Originally posted by *BARRAGE*
...HOORAY!!

i haven't looked in here in a while- that rocks! i have a special affinity for barrage- and am working on a custom movie BB making him barrage- thats spiffy!
Thanks!

I wouldn't have thought of using the concept camaro, but it should look pretty good in green. The mold actually resembles barrage too. Hope to see it when you're done.
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

plan to start on it today- it's the first custom i'll be doing that isn't really low rent... i am really thinking of hunting down another yellow scrapmetal and trying my hand at your custom- really cool...
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD