I have seen the movie! Now for the toys

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Xstarscreamx
protoform Starscream is pretty fun- if not insanely basic

I should really look into owning one of those . . .

Aye Ironhide's a really awesome tf. About the only gripe is that the front of the ruck really has no place to go, and just kinda hangs there. Otherwise, he's pretty awesome, especially with his cannons, both separate and combined.

I'm still looking to track down leader Megs. After I get him and '08 Bumblebee, I'll have the entire movie cast.

I managed to score FAB Frenzy, last week, and while he is a bit more basic, he looks rather nice, next to the rest of them.

Fast Action Battlers: Probably won't find a lot of people singing their praises, since they're more for the tykes, but for what they are, they're pretty cool. Like I said, FAB Frenzy fits in nicely, with the rest of the cast. Also, I love Bumblebee. FAB Brawl actually looks better than the deluxe class (who's actually not so bad, aside from the disconnected arms), so I've ordered him, and I'll be able to give a better statement, once I have him, in hand . . .

EDIT: Voyager Starscream is another one I'd recommend.

Scorponok's robot mode's a bit of a joke. I'd really only recommend him for the scorpion mode and for the fact that he connects with Blackout (you'll wanna save one of the rubber bands that comes with the figures, though, since the connection's not all that tight).

Speaking of Blackout, both modes are cool, but the automorph tends to make the figure have issues with switching back and forth. Other than that, he's a solid figure.

Barricade has a really cool devil-looking thing, going for him.

'74 Bumblebee never seems to want to go back into car mode after you get him transformed (the button is a bit of a pain to push, the first time, and extremely loose afterwards. It's like you can't get it back to snapping into that tight place). Robot mode's pretty cool, though.

Bonecrusher's a bit of an oddity. I don't like his articulation, but he's quite funky.

Non-movie Characters: Wreckage is king of those molds, imo. Apparently, he's an abandoned concept, from the movie, which is too bad. Maybe they'll put him in the sequel.

Swindle is fair to decent. I don't like his arm articulation, and I'd rather he had a head sculpt that wasn't a giant lens (probably my gripe with Dreadwind when I get him, but the rest of him is good), but otherwise an all right toy.

Don't have any of the other stuff, as of yet.
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

Thanks for the comments, but I have some bad news. Today I went to Toys'R'Us (since I got my first paycheck from my summer job) and I only found 2 movie toys. Namely, Protoform Starscream, and Power Hook Prime. Both of which I have no intention of getting. There werer also some other kiddy stuff. :( I guess I'll just have to check later if they bring in any new stocks.

I was going to ask for your reccomendations on the Cybertron and Classics lines in this thread, but I thought it'd be better in the other since it'd be easier to review your comments.

Thanks alot though, and keep your fingers crossed for another shipment of movie toys.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Not too late to weigh in, I hope.

Given that there's only been one comment on him thus far, I thought I'd talk Bonecrusher up a bit. He's on the smallish side, so he's really only in scale with the Target "Robo Vision" Prime, but he's a nifty little figure. The extending arm thing is fairly meh, but he's pretty decent.

Ironhide is great, if an absolute bitch to transform.

Leader Prime is spectacular. The only real issue I've had is the flip down blaster, as it has a tendency to get in the way (and doesn't even look that good...), but it comes off easily enough.

Blackout, as has been mentioned, is a good figure with several issues that could have been easily resolved.

Barricade and Bumblebee (vintage) are friggin' awesome.

Starscream is a really good figure, but I didn't really like the movie design that much, so...

Ratchet would've been vastly improved with the simple addition of more paint apps on his face, but is an all around good figure.
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

ah, thanks!

I also just had a great idea; why not check out other toys'r'uses??
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

i say this with no animosity, but duh...:\
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Vincent
I also just had a great idea; why not check out other toys'r'uses??

Target, Walmart, and (on rare occasions) K-Mart, as well.
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

lol, well yes, duh.

Oh, and I live in Saudi Arabia. So there are no walmarts, kmarts, and targets.

To be frank, I'm actually quite surprised they have Transformers. Toys'R'Us is usually filled with all kinds of toys and action figures, but this is the first time I've seen them stock Transformers. I previously got my SmokeScreen from Bahrain.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Oh, and I live in Saudi Arabia.

Ah. Well, okay then.

*slinks quietly out*
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

ah...

*slinks away after Dead man wade...*
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

*slinks right after them*
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Same for Megatron.
One thing I'll say for Megatron, he looks pretty cool in robot mode, but he's not very articulated...well, he is, but he's hard to stand in any pose but straight legged.

Also, I saw a picture of, I think it was the Voyager Megatron, which appeared to have a more movie accurate fusion cannon than Leader Megatron has (which looks nothing like the movie version of the gun). Although, Leader Megatron has that bad ass ball-and-chain weapon. :)

(I wish Leader Prime came with that bad ass sword!)
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"