Galvatron Reissued - Matrix

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Scorponok2007
Protoform

Galvatron Reissued - Matrix

Post by Scorponok2007 »

A few days back I saw one of the toy shop displaying 2 set of reissued Galvatron box (Purple version) and I was so tempted to get one for myself BUT there's one thing confused me i.e. the color of the matrix is different. One is gold whereas the other was silver-green.

I've come across most the reissued Galvatron's matrix was gold but this silver-green edition caught my eyes.

Which one do you guys think I should get? and why? Thanks!
Scorponok2007
Protoform

Post by Scorponok2007 »

Ok, I've found out why there's color difference in matrix:

The gold matrix version was actually released by Takara with Galvatron repainted in purple body whereas the silver-green version was also released by Takara but exclusive to E-hobby and the color is exactly the same as the original issue.

Gold Matrix Version - PIC

Silver-green Matrix Version (E-hobby Exclusive) - PIC

Which one do you guys think it's more worth to collect?
ColdBain
Protoform

Post by ColdBain »

Go for Gold! I got me the purple Galvatron simply because the toy itself is actually a surprisingly good design! The only thing missing from the original was the correct colours. I love to collect G1 originals just as they come up, but for me, if you're going to buy a reissue, then you may as well get one that is as close to the cartoon counterpart as possible!
"At times like these, we've got to spell racecar backwards."
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

Tough call. I mean Gold is cool, but I sa go for the silver-green, for the simple fact that it's rarer.
ColdBain
Protoform

Post by ColdBain »

and more exspensive... I mean, are far as figures goes, you can always get a G1 Galvatron, so if you want a Matrix, you might as well go for the Purple Figure... but if you want BOTH coloured Matrixes, well, if you've got the funds and the will, then what's stopping ya?
"At times like these, we've got to spell racecar backwards."