[Original RPG] Invasion pt. 1: The Conquest: Earth

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Jinrai thought for a moment... then he realized something... "On second thought, prime... I'm going to cybertron." Jinrai knew that he'd easily be able to get back to earth quickly if need be... steping over to a central computer bank, he took a small device from a pocket compartment and attached it to the computer... "that should do it... now to test it." Jinrai took out a small remote, walked away from the console... and hit the button... two gateways appeared... He steped through the first, and wound up right back in front of the computer...." Good. Now that I know this works, should an emergency arise, I can always get back here... '
Prowl G1
Protoform

Post by Prowl G1 »

With all the new comers joining the away party, so battle ready, some that have yet to even see a battle, Prowl could only think to himself.

". . . I've got a bad feeling about all this."
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Skylark found prime.
"Prime I can fly so I am going to goto cybertron with a load of water and try to slow down these scraplets." Skylark loaded up all his ammo and fuel to make and found several thosand gallons of water transformed into his jet mode and took off for Cybertron.
"You guys meet me there!" Skylark called back "Good luck to us all!"
Prowl G1
Protoform

Post by Prowl G1 »

Prowl queitly brought up a global map of Cybertron and began to study it.

"A direct attack on Vector Sigma . . . this isn't a typical Decepticon tactic."

He paused for a moment then played back the transmission that Kup had intercepted.

Guard: "....scraplets...headed towards Vector Sigma...help...."

He repeated the message several times listening at every intricate detail, but his finger came to rest on one solitary detail that was left out. There was no mention of Optitron or any other Decepticon for that matter, only these . . .

"Scraplets . . . " Speaking outloud to no one in particular. It was almost crystal clear to him. A theory that Optimus Prime had to be notified about. Prowl caught up with Prime moments after Skylark departed.

"Optimus, I've reviewed the transmission from Cybertron, and I think Skylark, and the rest are about to be caught in the middle of a Decepticon ambush. Its only a theory, but it's solid. If we send more than one counterattack and rescue party we should be able to draw them out and ambush them. But like I said, its only a theory. What should we do?"
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Skylark called Earth and Cybertron.
"Attention all Autobots, this is gunner Skylark, I should be arriving in about 20 minutes. Onboard I have water and enough firepower to help in case of any attacks. Anyone please respond. Skylark out."
Skylark continued on his flight path with Cybertron appearing over the horizon.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Noktaraus sat in the corner of the shuttle's main bridge as the rest of the Autobots prepared for arrival on Cybertron. Skylark was flying point and would make planetary entry soon. The rest of them had to be ready, though. These scraplets had probably already multiplied and were in more places than what just one Autobot could handle. Their water supply was large enough, hopefully, to take care of the problem. Jinrai was standing in front of the captain's chair of the ship as the other Autobots ran their control stations.

Then, the hull shook.

No breaches, just a large thud and a mass of shimmies. Alarms rang as space outside rolled partially until the ship regained itself.

"Status, what hit us?" Jinrai requested. But neither he nor Noktaraus really needed to hear the answer. They already knew. As did the rest of the bridge crew.

"Decepticon attack!"
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

"Great time for these Decptipunks to show up!" Skylark thought to himself, "well right now my goal needs to be to get this water to cybertron then I can assist in the air battle!" Skylark took off towards the base where Kup and some of the other cybertron stationed Autobots were.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Noktaraus stood up. "All stellar-capable flyers with me, we'll have to create a defense until the shuttle makes it to Cybertron."
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Jinrai's optics narrowed... "just what we need. I'm taking point." Jinrai rushed for the airlock, drawing his plasma rifle from subspace.. merging with his trailer as he got to the door...
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

"With all due respect, Jinrai," Noktaraus interupted him, "your mission is to get this transport and its supplies to Cybertron. You're in command of this entire group, and will need to be when you arrive. I'll take the flyers and hold the Cons off long enough for you to get through, then we'll rendezvous later."
Philcom
Protoform

Post by Philcom »

"Good thinking Prowl, but I'm afraid Skylark is already gone, that means that we have to get going! Autobots enter Fortress Maximus we're headed to Cybertron!" Optimus ran out of Autobot city, transformed and headed toward Maximus.
Prowl G1
Protoform

Post by Prowl G1 »

He didn't like to rush into things without somewhat of a plan, but Skylark threw a monkey wrench in a perfectly laid out strategy by rushing ahead of the rest of them. It would make things even harder, as if liberating Vector Sigma and ridding Cybertron of the Decepticon strike force wasn't enough, helping Skylark didn't lighten the situation any. Carrying out Optimus Prime's orders, Prowl joined the away party on board Fortress Maximus.
Sades

Post by Sades »

"Ignition, hurry your slow chassis up, we're leaving! NOW!!"

Shatterbolt yelled into her comm as she raced down the corridor (in vehicle mode) towards the launch pad, and Fort Max.

"... knowin' Iggy, she won't take that one too kindly..."
Shatterbolt thought with a grin, just as Ignition's reply came in.

"...SLOW?!? I'll show you slow, you reject model!"

As Ignition drew closer, Shatterbolt could hear that she was moving way too fast... if she hit the wall, or another Autobot, she could do some serious damage. She activated her comm again.

"Iggy, slow it down! SLOW IT...!"

Communications had been clear for only five seconds. Ignition had shut down her comm.

"Primus... here we go..."

Shatterbolt muttered as she braked and skidded sideways to block the corridor. She deactivated her optics and braced herself.

Just then, Ignition rounded the corner at a lightning speed. Seeing Shatterbolt blocking her path, Ignition let out an involuntary yell and braked fast, losing control and entering a high-speed 360...

...All was silence. Shatterbolt conducted a quick self-diagnostic. Nope, no damage, and she wasn't dead. Goody.

"Well, that's a good thing... where's Iggy?"

She activated her optics, adjusted them to view her surroundings... and found herself staring into Ignition's front grille. Ignition sighed involuntarily.

"...PRIMUS! Shatterbolt. You're insane. Let's go."

Ignition said quietly, like nothing had happened. She turned and continued while Shatterbolt stared at her, incredulous.

"....I'M crazy?!? You've just violated the top speed rule, and you say I'm nuts?!? I-"

Ignition cut her off... quietly.

"...Okay, whatever. Just... don't tell Prowl, okay? I haven't been to Cybertron in forever..."

Shatterbolt was quiet for a second, then sighed.

"Whatever..."

She muttered as they made their way to the launch pad.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

".. so be it, noktourus... good luck. " Jinrai returned to his place before the captain's chair... wishing so badly to go out there and slag the cons himself.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Noktaraus lead ths group of flyers in flight mode towards the Decepticon cruiser. It had been further out than was expected after the preliminary assault on the shuttle. They had probably either fired off dumbfires or had left explosives as mines in their path...

"Heads up, bots, they're sending out interceptors!" Noktaraus warned, his internal comm system connected to everyone else in the vacuum of space.

"I count seven," Amraam stated. Closing fast.

Two Autobots were to Noktaraus' left; Amraam and two others on his right. seven to six, but a good group of six.

"Let's see how sharp these guys really are. Break into secondary formation and open fire on my command..."
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Skylark arrived on Cybertron and looked around for Kup order to help destory the scraplet infestation.
"Autobots, I am fine, I did not meet any Decepticons on my way here... but whatever you guys are encountering there be careful!"
Skylark transformed and drove to find any Autobots to learn where the scraplets are.
Philcom
Protoform

Post by Philcom »

Prime sat on the control seat, "Fortress Maximus Prepare to launch, all Autobots clear and ready."
Sades

Post by Sades »

Shatterbolt and Ignition entered Fort Max and quickly found a place to sit.

"Nothing to do but wait, now."

Shatterbolt muttered as she sat down. Beside her, Ignition sat down, but seemed restless. With a small grin, she looked toward Prowl and asked,

"Hey, Prowl... we there yet?"
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

out in space

The battle with the seven Decepticon interceptors was quick, but not without pain. At weapons range, both sides poured in the firepower, volleys of shots burning past each group, very few making good contact the first second. The next second allowed one of the Autobot flyers a hit on his port side, veering him and his laser trail off to the side for the time. Noktaraus dodged the fire coming in from one target, squared off at a dead angle with him, and squeezed off a dual shot. The Decepticon pulled up to avoid the contact hit. As the first blast squeezed under him, another smashed into his nose. Noktaraus' second attack forced the ship up, bearing a very vulnerable underside.

Amraam took advantage and poured in some firepower. The ship took the hits and began smoldering from its starboard wing. Noktaraus flew past it as the ship began to spin. He beared down on a second ship coming at him. Tal'Noktaraus fired once, undershooting his target. The blasts trailed past the underside of the ship as the Autobot lined up for a second hit. This one scored the top of the Decepticon who was getting into firing position.

And fire he did. Noktaraus pulled above the blasts, then leveled out and flew directly over the ship and towards the one behind him. He went into a tight roll, transforming to robot mode and extending his arms straight out--one of the hilts of his arched blades in hand. Still in the roll, Noktaraus ignited the blade nanoseconds after he completed transformation and sliced into the underside of the third ship that had attempted to cut him down with firepower. The cut went up through the Decepticon at a diagonal angle heading towards the back of the target. At mid point in the bot's fuselage, something exploded. Nokataraus freed his blade from the fiery mess of a Decepticon, now in two pieces. The fires quickly put themselves out in the coldness of space, and the Decepticon's body halves and debris went floating away.

The Autobot turned around, still floating backwards. The others were in tight dogfights: the Decepticon Amraam scored against was now flying in robot mode, his right arm venting something out into space. He took as many shots as he could at the other Autobot flyers until on of them scored a hit to his back. The Decepticon went limp, arms spread out and floating behind him as his body tumbled forward. Quickly, the Autobot attacker flew by with a Decepticon on his tail.

Noktaraus converted to flight mode and tailed after him. He unfortunately arrived a moment too late as the Decepticon scored a good hit on the Autobot trying to shake him. He veered out of control to port, transforming to robot mode in an out-of-control spin. With the Autobot out of the way, Noktaraus took a few shots at his target. The ship dodged and weaved, then rolled one-hundred, eighty degrees and transformed. The Decepticon slowed, and Noktaraus came hurtling at him. He as well transformed, then jet-stepped to the right as the Decepticon began firing. What appeared to be a random shot smashed into the Decepticon's shoulders from above. Noktaraus took the moment to ignite his arched blade and fly into his target. The tip of the blade shoved into the other's chest plate before he could regain from the first attack. His hand let go of his blaster, and Noktaraus watched as sparks flew. The Decepticon's optics flickered, then went dead.

The Autobot shut down his weapon, then turned to take a new target--when he noted the initial battle was over. The other four Decepticons had been taken down. Two Autobots, including the one Noktaraus' last target shot down, had taken falls.

"That ship is still out there," Amraam said into the comm system. There it was, almost within firing range.

"We have to hold it off," Noktaraus sighed, reluctantly.

One of the others voiced his concern. "That ship can take us out quick if we get too close, and we won't be able to do a whole lot anyway."

"And besides," Amraam continued, "we aren't that important--they can plow right past us and continue on."

"Agreed." Noktaraus looked over at one of the heavier-armored Autobots. "Talis, let me have one of your torpedoes. Amraam, a flash grenade if you would."

Both Autobots looked confused as they handed over the requested ammunition. Noktaraus installed the grenade into a port piece on the side of the torpedo, set it for motion sensitive time-delay of five seconds before active. Then, he jet-pushed the whole thing towards the incoming ship.

"They'll see that thing eventually and blow it up," Talis commented.

"I expect it. Flyers, head in at various vectors, draw their fire away from the warhead. Go!"

The three Autobots flew out and then towards the incoming Decepticon ship. A moment later, weapons-fire pierced the blackness of space.

Noktaraus watched the torpedo drift unseen towards the enemy ship until it was close enough. He pulled out his hilt and waited...
Prowl G1
Protoform

Post by Prowl G1 »

As Prime took the command seat, Prowl manned the tactical terminal and radar scope. He waited a moment until his boards had finished uploading the data he had stored in the command centre of Metroplex. Without looking he simply called out.

"All clear on my end Optimus. All systems go."

Hearing a question asked of him he looked quickly to ignition without saying a word then back to his terminal. Her inquiry was illogical, they hadn't even left yet, and now was not the time to dwell on it. He continued to monitor the scope and was prepared to take evasive action.