New toys for 2010/post-movie

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Wait, so they do a blue helicopter and give the Highbrow name to someone else? Wacky Hasbro.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

More news: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... el-170066/

Bullet points so far:
  • Legends versions of G1 Prime, Megatron (as a gun) Prowl and Starscream
  • Scout Class Windcharger
  • Deluxe Scourge, Thunderwing, Skullgrin (Straxus remold), Tracks, WFC Cliffjumper, Jazz, Perceptor, Mindset (Hailstorm redeco), Fallback (Outback, ROTF Brawn redeco), a possible Reflector,
  • Voyager Grapple (Universe Inferno with a new head), a new Fallen and a new Lugnut (movie-style?)
  • A bunch of new Power Core Combiners
  • Some info on The 13
  • Apparently they would like to update some more of the cassettes at some point
No pics of any of this yet, but it sounds like Hasbro showed off at least some of this. Presumably they'll be posted in the usual places within a few hours.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Scourge, huzzah! Hopefully it'll be the Targetmaster version to compliment Cyclonus.

With Thunderwing and Skullgrin joining ROTF Bludgeon we're getting a nice little group of Pretender homages as well.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Warcry wrote: It's a shame Terradive is yellow, because that colour doesn't work very well at all with the trident and nautical-themed head mold. Inevitable blue repaint ahoy!
(
I think the alt mode of a jet is less in line with the nautical themed head and trident. And the name Terradive. Maybe he's like a Bizarro-bot.
pegasusprime
Protoform

Post by pegasusprime »

is grapple in generations? or hunt for the descepticons
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

inflatable dalek wrote:Scourge, huzzah! Hopefully it'll be the Targetmaster version to compliment Cyclonus.
Alas, it doesn't look like it (they've added more info to that link I posted).

Apparently they're also doing a Kup, although there's no details about exactly what he's going to be.
pegasusprime wrote:is grapple in generations? or hunt for the descepticons
That's the strange thing...Generations is supposed to be deluxe-only from what they've said so far. That would force both Grapple (voyager) and Windcharger (scout) into the movie-style line even though they're supposed to be G1 characters.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

I just ordered WFC Optimus and Bumblebee from TRU.

Really looking forward to Scourge and Windcharger. The blurr dosn't really look like Blurr to me.

Alot of the other new stuff looks great.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
pegasusprime
Protoform

Post by pegasusprime »

yes, it is really strange if they have plans to do that it have been more practical to me, to not create generations and release all of them in one line , the only things that are missing are a classics soundwave with buzaw and lazerbeak and maybe blitzwing to coplete the descepticons triple changers and finally the classics version of shockwave the third movie main villain and the impossible dream a powermaster optimus
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Hunt for the Decepticons Deluxe and Legends Wave 1 is out in US; also PowerCore combiner two-packs and five-packs:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... us-170072/
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Saw the Powercore guys today (2s and 5s). Horribly disappointing. I thought the 2s were going to be deluxe sized, but they're kind of scout sized with a minicon. The combiners are a scout sized leader with bloated mini-con minions. I also saw and was disappointed with deluxe Ironhide. He looks scrawny. I was so excited about this wave of new stuff, and only Seaspray and the WFC Prime and Bumblebee are still wants now that I've seen them in person. :(
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

I'm really liking Blurr. :o

It must be the head mold and the sniper rifle which I like very much :up:
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Warcry wrote:Some info on The 13
Presumably not the mercifully aborted comic?

Somebody wake me when they announce more Robot Heroes. :(
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... led/19096/

Takara's release of Elita-One is a repaint of Arcee instead of Chromia, which looks more like her character model.

:( I want...
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Generations Blurr in-package pictures.

Generations Dirge in-package pictures.

Power Core Combiners wave three:repaints of Searchlight as Windburn (as a homage to Gobot Twin Spin), Skyburst as Darkstream and Bombshock as Steelshot with a mismatch of Minicon partners of the first three deluxes. Also, using repaints of Smolder and Huffer and a mix of the Combaticon and Aerialbot limbs, we have a Protectobot gestalt (Stakeout) and a Destron gestalt (Crankcase).

Repaints of ROTF Mindwipe and Skystalker as G2 Dreadwind.

A HFTD Mudflap/Starscream two-pack, plus Stealth Force toys (ROTF Gears, ROTF Megatron, Classics Inferno and Moie Optimus).
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Well, Blurr is definately going to be added to my collection (unless there's going to be a Henkei version of it?) and will stand nicely next to my City Commander Ultra Magnus, Warbot Defender Springer and Hot Rod. :D

Still keeping my fingers crossed for a Kup :halo:
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Those power core combiners are a bit lame. My boyfriend purchased two over the weekend- larger figs were kind of cool, wasn't impressed by the smaller. Backwind was especially poor, with every mode of his being crap- The gun mode was basically him twisted into some sort of weird yoga pose. Armour mode was the least crap, but it's hard to **** up a chestplate.

Probably not whole lot that can be done with figures that small, though. On the other hand, I might be picking myself up a Blurr eventually. Maybe.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I had been under the impression that the power core guys were deluxe sized, so I was pretty disappointed when I saw them in person. I'm excited about the new Generations figures, but really haven't been that thrilled about much else lately.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Clay

Post by Clay »

Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

What worries me much are seeing more Bumblebees. What's up with that Bombing Run Battle pack that Grindor is totally out of scale. And then another pack with Rampage and Ravage. Guess Hasbro are really trying to clean those up. BTW, the desert ruins Brawl's color scheme looks terrible.