Transformers 3 [spoiler] news/rumours

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Sure, continuity might take a hit on this going by that trailer (sector 7 etc etc) but if it captures the ever so slightly realistic vibe that the first film had during the initial decepticon attack (watched it again last night and its still awesome) than I wont mind too much.
Lord_Unicron
Protoform

Post by Lord_Unicron »

Just checked the writer for Transformers 3. OMFG it is again Ehren Kruger.
I checked IMDB for the movies he has written and..err...well...they all are not scoring that high. I think he is going to mess this movie up just like he did the second (or was that simply Bay)? :S
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

Lord_Unicron wrote:Just checked the writer for Transformers 3. OMFG it is again Ehren Kruger.
I checked IMDB for the movies he has written and..err...well...they all are not scoring that high. I think he is going to mess this movie up just like he did the second (or was that simply Bay)? :S
RoTF, while not without it's flaws, was pretty awesome and suffered mostly from being rushed, rather than lack of ability from the writers. Kruger was brought in to help the writer's block of Orci and Kurtzman if memory serves, who by their own admission, were struggling initially for a concept for the follow up.

Lessons have likely been learnt, and all parties involved seem to have recognised the detrimental effect of forcing a sequel out before it's time.

We hope.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Pfff, it's not like scriptwriters for action films are proper writers or anything. They're just a bunch of committee people bouncing ideas around, really, and trying to find form from that sort of thing is basically impossible.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

According to the commentary Kruger was brought in because he knew more about Transformers than the other 2.
I like bears.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Not to worry. Sure it'll all work out fine no matter what.

Big robots, transforming into vehicles and such like, fighting, the world in the balance, some humour... A coherent story is a bonus, really - at least it looks like they're trying this time.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Truer words have never been said. Quite frankly the forest scene in ROTF was worth all three cinema admissions and the DVD on it's own.

Edit: Just watched Narnia. No trailer. I think I'll demand my money back.
Are trailers distributed differently than in the US? It seems to be the same across films, by cinema.
I like bears.
Viewfind

Post by Viewfind »

Yay more slutty Decepticon school girls.
I can't wait for the doggy threesome.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

No trailer in front of Tron this weekend either.

But that's okay, because Legacy was freaking awesome! :)

I did see the 3D version, so maybe that's why there was no TF trailer in front of it. But I thought they were saying that the trailer would be in front of Narnia and Tron.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Hmm... I hadn't considered that the trailer would not be showing in 3D... But that seems a bit stupid as the film is 3D.

Bur Tron is definately on my list anyway.
I like bears.
numbat

Post by numbat »

No Transformers 3 trailer infront of Tron Legacy in 3D on Sunday in Glasgow. But, then, I don't recall the trailer appearing infront of the stated films for either of the previous TF movies either. Probably a UK thing. Or maybe a Scotland thing.

Tron was bloody awesome by the way!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Just caught Tron in 3D in Bath. It was awesome.

And there was a Tf: DOTM trailer! It looked good in 3D. And it said "Mankind" instead of "Our Nation"
I like bears.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I watched Tron. And Narnia. No trailers in both. Both were bloody fun, though.
glazios

Post by glazios »

Summerhayes wrote:Just caught Tron in 3D in Bath. It was awesome.

And there was a Tf: DOTM trailer! It looked good in 3D. And it said "Mankind" instead of "Our Nation"
Blackjack wrote:I watched Tron. And Narnia. No trailers in both. Both were bloody fun, though.
Not that anyone gives a flying sh*t what I think, but this is seriously starting to p*ss me off now. Are they only attaching the trailer at certain cinemas or something?

I saw Tron:Legacy at the Vue cinema in Cardiff last week, and while it was an awesome film, it irked me that I didn't get to see the frikkin' trailer. Damn near spoiled my day, actually.

So, do we have an answer for WTF is up with this bullsh*t or what?
Sades

Post by Sades »

The trailer is online...
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

But its not in 3D online . . .

Umm... When I saw the trailer, it was at an Odeon.
I like bears.
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Actor Bill Fagerbakke (Coach, Sponge Bob) will be in the film.
Fagerbakke is voicing an animated Chevy Impala stock car equipped with machine guns in the third Transformers movie, “Dark of the Moon,” which will be released July 1.
http://www.magicvalley.com/news/local/a ... 6fc40.html

I know it's only a voice-acting thing, and Transformers is entirely unrelated to Coach or Sponge Bob, but is anyone else a little disconcerted that the only two characters he's known for are on the lower end of the IQ scale? Though, I supposed the Autobots would need another bumbling idiot on their team.
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

I just love the name Fagerbakke, anything he does that's good in the film is just and added bonus for me.

To be honest I'm easily pleased, I'll quite happily settle for Ironhide being gruff and shooting things.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Huh! I had no idea Dauber did the voice of Bulkhead! LOL! That's awesome!
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

praetorian wrote:I know it's only a voice-acting thing, and Transformers is entirely unrelated to Coach or Sponge Bob, but is anyone else a little disconcerted that the only two characters he's known for are on the lower end of the IQ scale? Though, I supposed the Autobots would need another bumbling idiot on their team.
He also did Broadway in Gargoyles.