[dead constructicons]

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
numbat

[dead constructicons]

Post by numbat »

RID Scourge wrote:Makes me hope they surprize us with Hightower and Scrapper even though they didn't exist outside of Devestator in the movie like the other four did. I have Rampage and Demolisher, and I plan to get Mixmaster and Long Haul. Would be sweet to see robot modes for those two.
Scrapper did exist in the movie, chasing Sam and Mikaela in the desert - yellow humanoid 'bot with a mourningstar type weapon thingy.

And some other Constructicon did go down to revive Megs, and never came back up, but I can't figure who... There was definitely a crane with a Decepticon insignia there... But then, Legends Hightower is sime crazy crab-thing...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Ooh! Then I really hope they surprize us with them. :up:
Clay

Post by Clay »

numbat wrote:Scrapper did exist in the movie, chasing Sam and Mikaela in the desert - yellow humanoid 'bot with a mourningstar type weapon thingy.

And some other Constructicon did go down to revive Megs, and never came back up, but I can't figure who... There was definitely a crane with a Decepticon insignia there... But then, Legends Hightower is sime crazy crab-thing...
It was a duplicate Scrapper.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Clay wrote:It was a duplicate Scrapper.
I don't agree. It was a duplicate Hightower. Scrapper had wheels. Megatron's new legs had caterpillar treads. The Higthowers, Rampages, and Scavenger/Demolisher were the only designs with caterpillar treads.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Tramp wrote:I don't agree. It was a duplicate Hightower. Scrapper had wheels. Megatron's new legs had caterpillar treads. The Higthowers, Rampages, and Scavenger/Demolisher were the only designs with caterpillar treads.
The crane doesn't have a robot model.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Clay wrote:The crane doesn't have a robot model.
Actually, yes, it does. It's just not humanoid. EZ Collection Devastator The crane's (Hightower's) robot mode is almost scorpion like in appearance. But yes, the "Hightower" bots do have robot modes. I'm positive that it was a "Hightower" that was ripped apart, not a Scrapper.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Tramp wrote:Actually, yes, it does. It's just not humanoid. EZ Collection Devastator The crane's (Hightower's) robot mode is almost scorpion like in appearance. But yes, the "Hightower" bots do have robot modes. I'm positive that it was a "Hightower" that was ripped apart, not a Scrapper.
No, it doesn't. A toy of it has a half-assed robot mode. The CGI crane, what you see in the movie, has no robot model.

No concept art, no promotional renders, and not seen in the film, just like the load hauler dubbed "Overload."

By your reasoning, the dune buggies and ospreys in the first movie have robot modes that look just like the toys, but they just never transform. That's not what's going on there, and that's not what's going on with the crane.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Clay wrote:No, it doesn't. A toy of it has a half-assed robot mode. The CGI crane, what you see in the movie, has no robot model.

No concept art, no promotional renders, and not seen in the film, just like the load hauler dubbed "Overload."

By your reasoning, the dune buggies and ospreys in the first movie have robot modes that look just like the toys, but they just never transform. That's not what's going on there, and that's not what's going on with the crane.
All of the Constructicons had robot modes. There were multiples of each design, including the Hightowers. One Hightower formed part of Devastator, but didn't transform. One Hightower was in robot mode at the bottom of the sea and was torn apart to rebuild Megatron. It wasn't a Scrapper because the Scrappers have wheels, not caterpillar treads. It couldn't have been a Scrapper. Not only that, but there were still two Scrappers in the final battle, one of which formed part of Devastator and another fought in robot mode, attacking Sam. The only options were a Hightower, a Rampage, or a Scavenger/Demolisher, and the last type is too big. That leaves the other two possbilities, and We still had two Rampages during the final battle, one of which formed part of Devastator. That leaves a Hightower.

The toy might be a "simplified" version of the robot mode, but hardly "half-assed". It's a Legends class figure after all.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Or there are just three Scrappers like there are three Long Hauls.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Or...is it possible?...this is a really, really, impossibly stupid (and geeky beyond all comprehension) conversation. Love to all!
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Clay wrote:Or there are just three Scrappers like there are three Long Hauls.
It wasn't a Scrapper. The Scrapper's have wheels not caterpillar treads. the bot which was cannibalized for parts in order to give Megatron new legs and an arm had caterpillar treads. That means that it could not be a Scrapper. It had to be a Hightower or Rampage. Given that there were still multiple Rampages after that incident, it points to the victim being a Hightower. It was not a Scrapper.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Tramp wrote:It wasn't a Scrapper. The Scrapper's have wheels not caterpillar treads. the bot which was cannibalized for parts in order to give Megatron new legs and an arm had caterpillar treads. That means that it could not be a Scrapper. It had to be a Hightower or Rampage. Given that there were still multiple Rampages after that incident, it points to the victim being a Hightower. It was not a Scrapper.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Soooooo.... you're saying it was Mixmaster who got torn up for parts?
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

This sort of behavior (directed at Tramp) is why people make fun of grown men on an internet message board dedicated to a toyline isn't it? I mean really.... isn't it? :smack:
Clay

Post by Clay »

Tramp wrote:It wasn't a Scrapper. The Scrapper's have wheels not caterpillar treads. the bot which was cannibalized for parts in order to give Megatron new legs and an arm had caterpillar treads. That means that it could not be a Scrapper. It had to be a Hightower or Rampage. Given that there were still multiple Rampages after that incident, it points to the victim being a Hightower. It was not a Scrapper.
The crane wasn't even on the boat.

It was a Scrapper/front end loader that got killed, as the other three (dump truck, cement truck, and bulldozer) are all fine and well throughout the scene.

Note: Don't try this at home, kids. Will replace with a proper DVD capture once that comes out.
Attachments
boat_cons.jpg
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Clay wrote:The crane wasn't even on the boat.

It was a Scrapper/front end loader that got killed, as the other three (dump truck, cement truck, and bulldozer) are all fine and well throughout the scene.

Note: Don't try this at home, kids. Will replace with a proper DVD capture once that comes out.
It wasn't the Scrapper. On top of the Scrapper having wheels, it's too big. Remember, Scalpel said, "kill the *little* one." The smallest of that group is the Rampage. So, if it wasn't a Hightower, it was the Rampage, the smallest of the group, and the only one with caterpillar treads.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Tramp wrote:It wasn't the Scrapper. On top of the Scrapper having wheels, it's too big. Remember, Scalpel said, "kill the *little* one." The smallest of that group is the Rampage. So, if it wasn't a Hightower, it was the Rampage, the smallest of the group, and the only one with caterpillar treads.
You asked for it.

The bot that gets killed has legs. The bot with whips, Rampage, is still quite alive on the right side, immediately afterword (Long Haul in the center, Mixmaster on the left).

Is it really so hard to just admit that you're wrong? Answer carefully, because remember that as time goes by, I can only get clearer images to prove you more and more definitively wrong!
Attachments
underthesea.jpg
kill2.jpg
kill1.jpg
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Clay wrote:You asked for it.

The bot that gets killed has legs. The bot with whips, Rampage, is still quite alive on the right side, immediately afterword (Long Haul in the center, Mixmaster on the left).

Is it really so hard to just admit that you're wrong? Answer carefully, because remember that as time goes by, I can only get clearer images to prove you more and more definitively wrong!
Those scenes don't really show anything. Especially the last one since all that shows is a Long Haul and Mixmaster. In fact, the first two look identical. Secondly, at least with the toy, the Rampage can have legs as well. The point is the the Scrapper, Long Haul and Mixmaster all have wheels. The Rampage has caterpillar treads, and it's the smallest of the bunch. The Scrapper is one of the largest of them second only to the Long Haul. The con that got sacrificed had caterpillar treads, that where Megatron's came from for his new legs. Regardless, this is pointless.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Tramp wrote:Those scenes don't really show anything. Especially the last one since all that shows is a Long Haul and Mixmaster. In fact, the first two look identical. Secondly, at least with the toy, the Rampage can have legs as well. The point is the the Scrapper, Long Haul and Mixmaster all have wheels. The Rampage has caterpillar treads, and it's the smallest of the bunch. The Scrapper is one of the largest of them second only to the Long Haul. The con that got sacrificed had caterpillar treads, that where Megatron's came from for his new legs. Regardless, this is pointless.
You... you did actually look at the pictures, right?

Picture 3: Rampage on the right side, with the whips.

As I said, I can get clearer pictures, but it's still going to be a dead Scrapper.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

You can see in the boat shot there's only one Rampage, plus while Rampage is in that last shot, you see Megs with his treadlegs already installed. Not sure to the confusion.