Animated season 3 confirmed for spring 2009

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Bluecatcinema
Protoform

Post by Bluecatcinema »

This may not necessarily mean the end of the series. A group of dedicated fans could start a petition to get it back on our screens.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

B*llocks! I was really hoping this would turn out to not be true. Sh*t I can't believe something as great as Animated is going to be cut so short!
Dragon Warrior Steve
Protoform

Post by Dragon Warrior Steve »

Goddamnit, the best Transformers cartoon since Beast Wars, and it's done after three seasons.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Neuronutter wrote:B*llocks! I was really hoping this would turn out to not be true. Sh*t I can't believe something as great as Animated is going to be cut so short!
Technically, it's matched up with almost every TF Show to date.

G1: Three Seasons
BW: Three Seasons
Unicron Trilogy: Three Seasons

If Animated does end (Which I'm 90% sure it will considering the source), I'm glad it'll end before it stretches on and on and gets boring like some other Cartoon Network shows that have outstayed their welcome and became quite hard to watch as they went on. *COUGH*TEENTITANS*COUGH*
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Whirl's Rear Rotor
Protoform

Post by Whirl's Rear Rotor »

Okay, there's the same number of *seasons*, but there's nowhere near as many eps. Assuming S3 is the same as the previous two, that's a total of 39 episodes, compared to 52 for BW, 100 for G1 and 150-odd for the Unicron trilogy.

Suppose it will have run as long as RiD, but it's up to you whether that's a good thing or not... ;)

Whirl's Rear Rotor: Wrecking Heaven Since 1911
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Eh. Best thing that can happen is we get a sequel series. Worst possible thing is we get a new, completely different show. I don't remember where, but I remember someone asking for a Movie-verse cartoon, which was then followed by someone telling him to "STFU".
Whirl's Rear Rotor
Protoform

Post by Whirl's Rear Rotor »

Well, they've certainly built the universe such that a sequel's very possible. You definitely get the feeling the characters we see in the show are part of a much larger population, so there's no reason a sequel couldn't be in another part of the war, either in a different place or a different time.

Whirl's Rear Rotor: Wrecking Heaven Since 1911
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Now, that's something I've been wondering about as well. There've been small hints at a larger war that the Elite Guard is fighting, and if we DON'T see it in Season 3, it'd be a shame.

Also, even if the series ends, Tom Kenny should play Starscream forever, as he is perfect.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

secretcode wrote:Technically, it's matched up with almost every TF Show to date.

G1: Three Seasons
BW: Three Seasons
Unicron Trilogy: Three Seasons

If Animated does end (Which I'm 90% sure it will considering the source), I'm glad it'll end before it stretches on and on and gets boring like some other Cartoon Network shows that have outstayed their welcome and became quite hard to watch as they went on. *COUGH*TEENTITANS*COUGH*
As Whirl stated Animated got three seasons, at least if the rumour's true, but only 39 episodes, far less than G1 or Armada. The number of episodes that a current cartoon gets per season seems to be about 12, but back in the '80s it was much more.

Dammit, I can't stand the thought of yet another reboot. Animated feels like it just got started and that there is so much out there to explore with the series. If it gets rebooted into another show, like Armada became Energon then Cybertron, then fair enough, at least its the same universe. So if Animated is cancelled what next?

As for a Movieverse cartoon, IMO that's a terrible idea. I think it would destroy the Movieverse, which should be kept as the movies and the comics. At least IMO.
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

I'm also disappointed Animated is ending. I know 3 seasons is somewhat standard, but I don't really feel like there has been 2 since Cartoon Network blazed through the first two in the summer.

Since its cancellation is pretty much certain, I wonder if this means Universe will continue alongside the Movie line this summer instead of being canceled as I'd heard (I don't remember where). Also, I wonder if the season 3 Animated toys will just be incorporated into the Universe 25 Anniversary line (which would kind of be a shame unless they found a way to preserve the "Galactic Powers & Abilities Section...and the quotes, I likes me some quotes). Hm.

Anyway, I do hope the next show remains in the same universe. The idea of moving the focus to a different part of the galaxy would be interested, especially if neither Prime nor Megatron showed up!
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Ok, Animated is ending after Season 3, not being cancelled. We'll still get lots of new Animated toys coming out this year. Also, there has been no word on how many episodes the new season will be or for how long it will run, so it could be a nice big number that doubles the amount of episodes we've seen so far.

As far as what's next, I'd love to see them expand this universe, rather than go in a completely different direction. They could easily do what they did with Energon to this series. As for a Movieverse series, I think that would be a terrible idea. They would be handcuffed to make it fit into a possible TF3, which is almost definately going to happen unless ROTF is a huge flop. Also, the character designs for the Movieverse look good in live action, but don't translate very well into other mediums. Just take a look at any of the movieverse comics to see what I'm talking about.
secretcode

Three New Season 3 Characters!

Post by secretcode »

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ed-166794/

Dai Atlas (Who's drills shall pierce the heavens) who might be Prowl's ninja master! Alpha Trion who is VERY G1! Some... other new Decepticon! EDIT: Some people are calling him "Animated Movie Bonecrusher". I... wouldn't mind that actually, as long as all his lines are "I HATE YOU".
CJHawk
Protoform

Post by CJHawk »

It's unfortunate we are only going to get 3 seasons out of Animated, but I would rather get 3 great seasons than to have the show slowly peter out.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

The third Decepticon has been named and it is...

Dirt Boss. Same thread as the last news bit.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Dirt Boss, huh looks more like Cannon Fodder.
Come on and wind me up.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

It sucks that Animated is ending, but I saw it coming, I've actually been predicting only 3 seasons for a while now. It is consistent with the length of other TF shows, and hopefully they will do a sequel series ala Beast Machines, or at least keep the same style and continuity like in the Unicron Trilogy.

As for the new character art, looking good so far. :up:
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

http://derrickjwyatt.blogspot.com/

Image of Animated Ratbat's head is out. This could mean that Soundwave is indeed returning.
Transformer Kamen

I'm fair certain this has been posted in the Toy Fair thread. But it still counts as Animated news, yeah?

Anyway, pics of Animated Arcee and Electrostatic Soundwave w/ Ratbat

http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=10982

I'm liking the look of Arcee. Nods to her IDW spotlight and all. Maybe it's the pic, but her forearms do look a little funny, but I'm impressed otherwise (no high-heels, Hurrah! :up:). Soundwave's new deco I really like, and Ratbat is interesting. No sure I'll pick up a second one though.

Now if only I could get some conformation on appearances/toys of Brawn and Warpath...
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Transformer Kamen wrote:Soundwave's new deco I really like, and Ratbat is interesting. No sure I'll pick up a second one though.

Yeah, I really want Ratbat now, but I don't know if I want to buy a whole new Soundwave with an ugly new paint job just to get him. It would have been cool if they had a set of Casseticon characters that all transformed into different instruments.
Transformer Kamen

Blitzwing wrote:Yeah, I really want Ratbat now, but I don't know if I want to buy a whole new Soundwave with an ugly new paint job just to get him. It would have been cool if they had a set of Casseticon characters that all transformed into different instruments.
He-he. My original hope, upon hearing about Soundwave's guitar, was that Hasbro would be releasing several characters with instruments. Sadly, it seems that my dream of Decepticon band will not be realized. :lol: