what i want from a transformers video game

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
electro girl

what i want from a transformers video game

Post by electro girl »

the movie control system but without the shoddy camera
multi format
online (mmorpg?)
customisable molds (eg cla screamer coose the paint like in forza, wing shape, thrusters, blaster barrels, cockpit window, vents, head(inc eyes mouth visor etc)
multiplayer battle mode
minigames/contests like capture the flag, racing or sports like dodgeball
music catalogue that involves soundwave in some way

what are your thoughts on this? which of my ideas would work and which ones wouldnt? any ideas yourself? cos ive been quite dissapointed by the movie game and dont want to have my favourite brand tarnished by a shoddy game
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

&quot wrote:multi format
online (mmorpg?)
customisable molds (eg cla screamer coose the paint like in forza, wing shape, thrusters, blaster barrels, cockpit window, vents, head(inc eyes mouth visor etc)
multiplayer battle mode
minigames/contests like capture the flag, racing or sports like dodgeball
^I like these.

I'd like customizable weapons systems with Metroid Prime-like gameplay. Also the ability to have more than two modes(only available with certain standards met, and a limit of 6). Mini-cons might be cool. As long as it wouldn't be more than 20% movie-based, I'd be first in line.
Steam: Hot Shot
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Energon Hot Shot wrote:^I like these.

I'd like customizable weapons systems with Metroid Prime-like gameplay. Also the ability to have more than two modes(only available with certain standards met, and a limit of 6). Mini-cons might be cool. As long as it wouldn't be more than 20% movie-based, I'd be first in line.
how would the minicons be used? im thinking like a remote control car or a seperate npc that can be given set comands

also id like to thank ou energon hotshot as for my 6thform sports day i used your sigpic for my t-shirt (my form had t-shirts printed with BA barnards army sportsday 08 on the back and we used fabric paints for the front) only i couldnt fit the pointing arm on
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

You're welcome.:)

I was thinking Mini-cons could be used as guns that find targets and shoot at them automatically, or sheild generators that can be activated for a short time. I think the remote control idea would leave the bots operating them defenseless, unless they could be set to defend themselves or if a second player could control the Mini-con.
Steam: Hot Shot
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

I'd think Minicons would be like they were in the 2004 game, with them basically being upgrades.

I'd want an RTS/Fighting game, where it's an RTS until two or more Formers battle, where it's a straight up fighter.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

i like the rts/fighting idea and i think upgrades and stat building but not to the point that it becomes tedious like runescape
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Oh no no. Runescape is a borderline playable MMORPG. Only thing I guess you'd consider to be in common with my idea was upgrades.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Maybe something like Kingdom Hearts if we are dealing with RPGs. If it is an RPG like FF count me out. Maybe having something like Advance Wars.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

That;s what I was saying. RTS. RealTimeStrategy.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

I thought you were talking about the C&C or Halo Wars.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

the advance wars style gameplay wouldnt work i dont think
Omnicrus

Post by Omnicrus »

What I want is an original storyline. Controls like the game based on the movie (none of that Transformers for the PS2 (2004) crap). And good voices.

You think it'd be cool if there was Transformers fighter game where you can play as and unlock every robot from G1-Animated (including the movie versions of the Autobots and Decepticons)? I know one thing, I'd sure rather be playing something like that every day at the Gamers' and narutards' hangout at my school.
I am Omnicrus the younger brother of the Decepticon Black Nexus.
------
Avatar done by http://rezragnarok.deviantart.com/
mechanix81
Protoform

Post by mechanix81 »

I'd like the 2004 game but with more (preferably G1) characters. Other than that, I honestly think that game was as good as a Transformers game will ever get. That movie game? not good.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

I haven't played the 2004 game, is it any good? If Advance Wars won't cut it, how about the game be something like Fire Emblem or The Zone of Enders: The Fist of Mars?
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

The 2004 game was better then the movie game... By FAR. Better controls, better stories, and SLIGHTLY better voices.

As far as saying Fire Emblem and ZoE, you didn't quit understand what I'm saying to you?

It's a turn based battle system like Advance Wars, except when units battle each other, it turns into a fighting game.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

I know what you mean, but i'm giving suggetons. ZOE for the GBA was turn base, but you had the choice of trying to hit or evade the attack through moving a traget redical onto the enemy to attack or evading the enemy's target redical. FE is more like a chest game than a true turn base game like the FF games.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

i think turn based would be a no go
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

This next Animated game (due this fall I think) to follow the DS game with something like thirty possible ALT forms, maybe due to Sari's key.
Also if it comes to the Wii, make the camera static to over the shoulder or third person view, don't tie the thing to the remote which required motion for melee attacks.
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
mechanix81
Protoform

Post by mechanix81 »

If I was dreaming? Something like the 2004 game, but with a campaign so you're not one Autobot vs. the world. A decent co-op mode and a sense of a WAR going on, with battles on various fronts, a Knights of the Old Republic style good/bad option, a large section of time spent on Cybertron and online multiplayer skirmish mode where creative use of alt. modes actually makes a difference.

A GTA wouldn't work. You need to feel part of something bigger if you're gonna capture Transformers properly.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Lambda prime wrote:This next Animated game (due this fall I think) to follow the DS game with something like thirty possible ALT forms, maybe due to Sari's key.
Also if it comes to the Wii, make the camera static to over the shoulder or third person view, don't tie the thing to the remote which required motion for melee attacks.
what!?! when did you find this out it sounds amazing! post a link or something please! also which part of the north east are you from?