what i want from a transformers video game

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Omnicrus

Post by Omnicrus »

mechanix81 wrote:I'd like the 2004 game but with more (preferably G1) characters. Other than that, I honestly think that game was as good as a Transformers game will ever get. That movie game? not good.
Actually lots of people complained about the 2004 game. Like for instance, the mere fact that you have to get directly in front of an enemy and press the shoot button for melee attacks is crap. Many critics expressed disappointment at the Armada based storyline. The button layout is awkward (but I think I already pointed that out), and you could only play as 3 Autobots. If that ain't crap I don't know what is. I admit the game is fun, but it still doesn't clear it of the crap put into it.
I am Omnicrus the younger brother of the Decepticon Black Nexus.
------
Avatar done by http://rezragnarok.deviantart.com/
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

I'll throw my 2 cents in.

The only reason I got the Movie Transformers game (didn't play Armada) was becase I was a TF-fan (duh). Heck, simply playing as a transformer romping around a city and transforming at will was such joy! However, the game is not without its mertis.

I enjoyed the lay-out for free-roaming and I think it worked out pretty well. And some of the missions were fun. However the combat-mechanics sucked. You light-weaponry and heavy-weaponry. But oh, wait, they have no use =/ these "techniques" were ditched aside for contuous abuse of the throwing someone at the enemy or throwing he enemy at something.

I still want it as an action game. As much as I like RPGs, I don't think this particular genre fits with this franchise. And RTS? meh.

Although I have to admit, a fighting game just sounds kick-arse.
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

electro girl wrote:what!?! when did you find this out it sounds amazing! post a link or something please! also which part of the north east are you from?
I cannot find the original source but it was news in relation to the Animated font regarding a new DS game in a TF catalogue. I did find this piece in regards to another TF game:
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... led/13329/
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
starlord
Protoform

Post by starlord »

A lot of action and characters to play. Graphics are nice but playability and fun also counts and many levels.
A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest of decepticons.
wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

I seriously want to see an MMORPG for Transformers. Heck, the franchise seems so uniquely suited to that kind of video game that I'm surprised it hasn't been tried yet. Players could create their own Transformers (Autobot or Decepticon, receive missions from canon NPC Autobot characters , and engage other players in PvP combat. There could also be PvE in the form of NPC minions like Insecticons, Sharkticons, etc.

And just think of the character creation possibilities...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

600 Starscream siblings with awful names (Deathscream, Darkwarp, Thunderstar, Blackscream, Phantasmagoriacracker) and 3,000 word biogs written by mad bitches?

Combinining teams called things like the Killercons (component alt modes - Star Destroyer, The Rock, Space Battleship Yamato, a self-designed starship capable of wiping out the universe and some sort of modded Toyota)?

Tonight Cliffjumper is wearing his cynical hat.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Your right to wear that hat the most popular molds/characters would be rife and if there was a limit imposed it would fill up fast, I wouldnt like that if it was an mmorpg. perhaps if certain molds coud be unlocked?
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

If you've ever seen a TF Mush, (or worse, played one), and managed to leave 'that world' behind, you would never ever ever want to see a TF MMO. Ever.
wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

Well, let's see...

I spent quite a bit of time in Yahoo Chat X-Men RPGs, and I've played City of Heroes. In both places I've seen eyeball-hurting, brain-scrubbing stuff. I'd imagine a TF MMO would result in similar fan-stuff, but ... I'd deal.
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Something I tend to find gets overlooked is the idea that they're robots in disguise (although why a 40ft tall war robot would want to hide in the first place is a valid question) I reckon the Metal Gear niche would fit the concept quite nicely. See, even the name fits.

edit : ...maybe I should mention that I haven't played any of the TF games. Ignore me if I'm bashing down open doors.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

electro girl wrote:customisable molds
Same here.If a transformer game came out that customization features I'd want from what I can think of from the top of my head:

Heads
Arms
legs
feet
hands
torso
alt-mode
weapons
changeable color scheme
facial(eyes or visor,eye colors,mouth plate or no mouth plate)
stats

basically a transformer version of "create a skater" from the Tony Hawk series.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

As much as I enjoyed the 2004 game, (apart from the scales.... are all armada TF's slightly bigger than humans? :wtf, look at screenshots of the trees and rocks if you wonder of which i speak) It was missing a few things.

Firstly, it just wasn't BIG enough, the story was none existent, (even though the FMV'S were freakin' awesome!) and it made me realise that Red Alert merely wears his tranformation mode, not becomes it.

BUT! The ability to be prime, go shooting down a mountain as a truck, drive off a cliff, transform, and land on a flying gunship whilst shooting down all and sundry gave me the biggest rush I'd had since playing Sonic Adventure!

Now, as long as any future TF games ignore both the movie and the....japanese g1 game..... as any kind of guide, i see no reason to create another free-roaming 3d game.

Just make sure the dinobots are in it next time
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Bringing Robots Into Disgrace Since 1984