[Animated] Reaction Thread: "Mission Accomplished" -- Episode 19

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Blitzwing

[Animated] Reaction Thread: "Mission Accomplished" -- Episode 19

Post by Blitzwing »

Loved this episode!

This is now officially my favorite incarnation of Starscream. I loved the way he just kept coming back at Megs over and over. And I loved how he kept getting defeated and dumped in the river.

Megatron is so great too. He was so calm every time Starscream came at him. His superiority over him is clearly defined. I'm a little curious to know why he wasn't interested in finding out how Starscream kept coming back even though his spark was extinguished.

Looks like Sentinel is back to being a dick. I'm loving how Optimus is standing up to him now. Optimus has developed a back-bone and it is about time. Ultra Magnus is starting to get disappointing. He follows Sentinel's opinions way too blindly. And his hammer was pretty useless in trying to pry the spark fragment from the train. Not to mention he got completely bitch slapped by Starscream.

It was great to see how well the original cast of Autobots work as a team under Optimus' command. They are a much more effective force than the Elite Gurad are. Great to see Optimus take charge after Magnus was taken down. Jazz seems to be a great fighter, but not a leader, which suits him fine. His "You dig?" line had me in stiches.

Also liked the comedy with the Autobots trying to get Fanzone to adopt Sari. "This is why I hate kids" was great. The guy hates everything.

The most promising thing I thought that came out of this episode was the fact that we now know that there are groups of Decepticons working on their own throughout the galaxy. This opens up the doors for a ton of new 'Con characters to show up, or at least have a cameo appearance. Can't wait.

Also, I don't think Ironhide was destroyed. Megatron making mention of a Double agent working on Cybertron leads me to believe that Ironhide only sent that transmission to the Elite Guard to lure them away from Earth and Megatron. Traitor!

Again, just in case I didn't make this clear enough, I LOVED THIS EPISODE, one of the best yet.
BackTrax
Protoform

Post by BackTrax »

Ok, where did you see this? cause the episdoe my DVR recorded was return of headmaster and I cant find any torrent or other kind of Download for "Mission Accomplished. and if some one can tell me where to download or watch it, I would appreciate it.
Don't follow me, you'll never make it!"
SimonMK
Protoform

Post by SimonMK »

Here in Canada, they showed that episode in YTV yesterday. They didn't got a delay. They showed ''Return of Headmaster'' last week.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

As if to wash episode 18's somewhat bad taste out of viewer's mouths, this episode was among the best ones so far! The way Starscream came back online was amusing. I'm now considering to buy the toy after this. I think Megatron now loves Starscream... he makes a nice punching bag;). Definitely a semi-homage to his immortality. Sadly, it would seem that the Elite Guard were not much better at handling Starscream than Optimus Prime's group were on their first time. Fanzone appears to hate anything that annoys him. Jazz was as cool as ever. Overall, it was a really great episode. On to episode 20!:)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Great episode! Starscream is great in this one and I love all the G1 references to him being a ghost and so forth. It really is entertaining that he has to make so many attempts at Megs before realizing..I should try another method. I loved the way that Sentinel cowered when he first saw Starscream, as though he isn't the bad ass he tries to make himself out to be. Even Magnus got his ass handed to him right off the bat by Starscream.

I'm really loving the way this series is going, and hearing Megs lay out his master plan at the end of the episode makes it sound so grand and elaborate, much more so than a typical kids cartoon. I love that aspect of this series, my eight year old was a bit lost after Megs little speech at the end of the episode and I had to kind of help understand the whole concept of Megs plan to take over Cybertron.

Oh, and wonder who this double agent on Cybertron is that Megs speaks of? Are we going to see an Animated Sideways? I sure hope so!
Detective Barricade

Kali wrote:Oh, and wonder who this double agent on Cybertron is that Megs speaks of? Are we going to see an Animated Sideways? I sure hope so!
Not that it wouldn't be cool to see him, but Sideways was never really on either side. I don't think he's the double agent, imo. I think that the double agent might be Barricade, since his alternate mode will be a Police car like in the movie. He could convincingly look like an Autobot until he transforms into robot, because of the Alt. mode. But I'm just speculating on his role in Animated.:)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
DirtDigger324
Protoform

Post by DirtDigger324 »

Starscream on this show is definitely my favorite. Everything from his voice, personality, and firepower. This episode showed how much more similar to his G1 incarnation he is, but he is so much better than that. He has no sign whatsoever of cowerdice that is what I liked about this episode. Optimus Prime is more of a leader than Ultra Magnus and his improvising techniques make his decision making key in crucial situations. I wish Jazz had stayed on earth he is too cool for space. Who is the double agent? Well other than that great episode as ever.
BackTrax
Protoform

Post by BackTrax »

Finally got to see this episode, it was great, but I got to say I'm glad Ultra Magnus and Sentinel Prime are leaving. I'm not that impressed with Ultra Magnus as a leader. I kind of hope we get to see some other characters off earth now though, like show some of the autobots and decpeticons in space.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

i loved this episode and sentinel certainly deserved to be taken down a peg and put in stasis lock.

this is definately my favourite incarnation of starscream his attitude is just right for the series. fun little ironhide cameo to.

the idea of an iminent decepticon threat is prety cool to best episode yet
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Wingsabre
Protoform

Post by Wingsabre »

It was a good episode again.

I think Ultra Magnus is the traitor. He denies the Decepticons are on Earth till the point that he has to admit they are on Earth or look suspect.

I thought Ultra Magnus was a idiot before and he clearly is.

He hangs on to that hammer like a stupid kid at school still clutching their comforter.
Why dos'nt he put it in its scabbard?

I am so glad Starscream pulverised him.

Don't Ultra Magnus and Sentinal Prime ever look up? A big bomb on a train, attached to a Allspark Shard, and there is Starscream flying overhead clear as day. And above him some more Decepticons.
Would it not accur to them that it was odd that Starscream was flying overhead, clearly watching the train?
And the fight between the Decepticons and Starscream? Did that not register, at all?

The Decepticons are mostly cool with the exeption of the creepy Lugnut.

Megatron is completely calm about with everything. He is a good version.

It was cool how Megatron and the others appeared in front of Starscream.

But i wish the concept cuffs had not come up. They are horrible.

Personaly i think the whole Constructicons thing was simply a scene with construction vehicles and cetain people used it to wind up fans who like them. And stoke up some more interest.

The Allspark Shards reminds me of Jackie Chan Adventures when the medallions had to be hunted down.

Or the PS2 game, Champions, Return to Arms where you find Shards Of Innnoruk.
The flinch in your eyes calls your bluff
Feel free to die when youve had enough
Useless cause is breaking your back
Your life will end when you attack

Check out my art here

http://viviax.deviantart.com/
SimonMK
Protoform

Post by SimonMK »

I don't remember a Constructicons cameo...?
Wingsabre
Protoform

Post by Wingsabre »

In the episode with the space banacles there were some lurid green construction vehicles that looked a bit like Constructicons and some people got all excited and thought they would be in Animated.

Check out my art here

Detective Barricade

Wingsabre wrote:In the episode with the space banacles there were some lurid green construction vehicles that looked a bit like Constructicons and some people got all excited and thought they would be in Animated.
there will be Constructicons coming, but I don't think that those pieces sticking out of the space barnacles were either Scrapper or Mixmaster (the names of the two Constructicons).:)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SimonMK
Protoform

Post by SimonMK »

Space banacles...? The tentacle parasite thing that infected Prowl and Bumblebee and made them like zombies? And also hidden Megatron's body?
Wingsabre
Protoform

Post by Wingsabre »

Yes. There was this shot before the space barnacles came in and it showed lurid green construction vehicles and men at the mine and then the space barnacles landed. Some people got all excited that Constructicons might come in.

Personally i hope they don't cos they were boring. And Devastator was awfull.

If they put someone in i wish they would have Dirge.

Check out my art here

SimonMK
Protoform

Post by SimonMK »

Oh I remember now. I am pretty sure Devastator will be in Animated. With so many G1 references, bringing back so many old characters like Wreck-Gar. And Devastator being one of the most popular Combiners.
BackTrax
Protoform

Post by BackTrax »

Wingsabre wrote:It was a good episode again.
The Allspark Shards reminds me of Jackie Chan Adventures when the medallions had to be hunted down.

Or the PS2 game, Champions, Return to Arms where you find Shards Of Innnoruk.
Reminds me of Inu Yasha, with the sacred jewel shards.
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

and hearing Megs lay out his master plan at the end of the episode makes it sound so grand and elaborate, much more so than a typical kids cartoon.
That was my exact thought! I was like "wow, not bad".

Am I the only one who assumed Sentinel was the double agent? Although I think it makes more sense for them to introduce a new character later on.

And Starscream's bit is hillarious! He wakes up THREE episodes later! haha!