[FICTION] Obsidian's Lament - a post Beast Machines story

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
superquad7
Protoform
Custom Title: TFW2005 Supermod

Post by superquad7 »

andersonh1 wrote:That'll be one huge .rar file! You'll probably have to remind me again once it's all posted, but I'll see what I can do.
It would be a file well worth its size. :)
Check out my "Transformers: Alterations" by clicking above! (But don't click my homepage!)
der2

Post by der2 »

I have to agree with Superquad7 here, a .rar file would be awesome, I imagine running it in cbr would make for a fantastic read. Just got to the bottom of the last chapter, I love finally getting into Wreckloose's head and history. What's becoming of Obsidian's own objectivity is sweet, given his change in characteristic milatry planning is cool as well. You good sir have made me love a toy based soley due on his fiction. Keep it up, I always look forward to the next update.
andersonh1
Protoform

Post by andersonh1 »

andersonh1
Protoform

Post by andersonh1 »

andersonh1
Protoform

Post by andersonh1 »

andersonh1
Protoform

Post by andersonh1 »

andersonh1
Protoform

Post by andersonh1 »

andersonh1
Protoform

Post by andersonh1 »

Next: Chapter 5
der2

Post by der2 »

epic!!! more! now!
andersonh1
Protoform

Post by andersonh1 »

andersonh1
Protoform

Post by andersonh1 »

andersonh1
Protoform

Post by andersonh1 »

andersonh1
Protoform

Post by andersonh1 »

andersonh1
Protoform

Post by andersonh1 »

And that's today's update! Hopefully it makes up for not posting since October. Yikes.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

It's nice going through these again. And before you worry about no updates since October--I haven't brought my stuff back since JUNE! :p

And now, of course, the server I use is being oddly empty.

Ah well, better late than never. :D
andersonh1
Protoform

Post by andersonh1 »

Pun-3X wrote:It's nice going through these again. And before you worry about no updates since October--I haven't brought my stuff back since JUNE! :p

And now, of course, the server I use is being oddly empty.

Ah well, better late than never. :D
The sad thing is that I check the page for updates probably on a weekly basis, so it's not like I've forgotten the site. I just don't get around to posting on a timely basis, and before I know it, two months have gone by. :swirly:
andersonh1
Protoform

Post by andersonh1 »

I can't believe I've neglected this thread since December. Rather than post everything, let me direct you to TFW2005 where I originally began this comic and where I've just finished the final story in the series.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... ories.html

I'm planning to update that thread at some point to include pdfs of all eight stories, but all the pages are there now, barring any links that may have disappeared. Sorry for the long delay in posting.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Whoo-eee, didn't know how this one got under my radar.

And I'm a big Obsidian fan, too!

I've finished reading the first pdf file, and I am astoundingly impressed by the detail work here, and on the editing, characterisation and the use of toy-only characters. It's a different take than the two other mightily successful photocmics (Pun-3X's epic live-action toy thing, and the Insecticomics at insecticons.com) in that your characters are supposed to represent real transformers instead of toys representing toys.

But you make them work.

Simply great stuff.

Like how you managed to get an excuse for Botanica's 'disappearance'.
andersonh1
Protoform

Post by andersonh1 »

Blackjack wrote:Whoo-eee, didn't know how this one got under my radar.

And I'm a big Obsidian fan, too!

I've finished reading the first pdf file, and I am astoundingly impressed by the detail work here, and on the editing, characterisation and the use of toy-only characters. It's a different take than the two other mightily successful photocmics (Pun-3X's epic live-action toy thing, and the Insecticomics at insecticons.com) in that your characters are supposed to represent real transformers instead of toys representing toys.

But you make them work.

Simply great stuff.

Like how you managed to get an excuse for Botanica's 'disappearance'.
Thanks for the kind words, and I'm glad you enjoyed the story so far. I hope you'll read them all. I had a great time writing and working on the art, though it got to be a bit of work near the end. I'm still quite proud of it. :)

Not to spoil things too much, but Botanica does show up a few times in the upcoming chapters. I'm not a fan of the character, but she deserved at least a minor role here and there. Had to use screen captures, which took a bit of work, but it was actually kind of cool in the end to see a non-toy character alongside the toys.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Botanica's fault is that she's just too plain and a little obnoxious at first. Plus, she has an ugly face. The one I dislike most is Nightscream.

What a timing to find this, eh? I just finished reviewing Beast Machines. And claimed Obsidian in the RPG.

Just finished the second chapter, trying to download the third. Mediafire's an ass.

I like how you use Beast Wars figures to represent pre-reformatting Vehicons. Lazorbeak as Spy Streak and that bug.... Scarem? As Scavenger. What's that figure pre-Vehicon Blastcharge uses? Is that Iguanus or that BWNeo Predacon?

I also like Geckobot and Nightviper for no good reason.