[RID,UT] Why is Galaxy Force prefurred over Cybertron?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Rzero
Protoform

Why is Galaxy Force prefurred over Cybertron?

Post by Rzero »

Hi there, I'm new to the forums, and new to the complex web of the transformers universe. After studying things out for a few days, going over past posts, and downloading the first few episodes to most of the different series, I keep wondering to myself why people are subing Cybertron and Armada from the japanese Galaxy Force and Micron Densu? It seems to me that they correlate pretty much the same. Are the storylines that much different to warrant the fan subs? Or do people just enjoy watching it in japanese? I mean I totally understand subing Superlink and the japanese only series, but this one has me baffled. So any words of wisdom would help out. Also, please forgive me if the answer is obvious and I've overlooked it, like I said, I'm new to anything outside of the american G1 series.

Thanks.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Re: Why is Galaxy Force prefurred over Cybertron?

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Originally posted by Rzero
Hi there, I'm new to the forums, and new to the complex web of the transformers universe. After studying things out for a few days, going over past posts, and downloading the first few episodes to most of the different series, I keep wondering to myself why people are subing Cybertron and Armada from the japanese Galaxy Force and Micron Densu? It seems to me that they correlate pretty much the same. Are the storylines that much different to warrant the fan subs? Or do people just enjoy watching it in japanese? I mean I totally understand subing Superlink and the japanese only series, but this one has me baffled. So any words of wisdom would help out. Also, please forgive me if the answer is obvious and I've overlooked it, like I said, I'm new to anything outside of the american G1 series.

Thanks.

Basically Mircon Densu and Superlink follow each other.
Galaxy Force however is supposed to be a new timeline/universe or whatever the hell you want to call it.
But in the US Cybertron (Galaxy Force in the states) does follow Armada/Engeron and with episodes being edited to try and tie it to American timeline.

The voice acting in TF:C is a mixed bag in my opinion.
While Chalk and Kaye do an OK job doing Prime and Megs imo.
The the voice work on characters like Thundercracker, Red Alert, and Jetfire use a lot accents that don't make a lot sence.
Because now TC talks like a Texas cowboy, Red Alert has a somewhat British like accent, and Jetfire has an Austrailan accent.

Although the dialoge and the dubbing in my opionion has gotten better in Cybertron lately.

My advice is this: try to download some episodes of GF and then watch Cybertron on Cartoon Network and make your own conclusions.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Also apparently on Micron the animation was superior to that of Armada.

I watch Galaxy Force cause it was the only one available at the time and I'm hooked on it so I just watch, watch, watch. I'll only catch Cybertron on Toonami or whatever, sometime, since I've not seen it yet.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Micron Densetsu (not "Densu") was using "refined" animation (think of Armada as the "beta" version of the cartoon). Plus Armada and particularly Enegron had a rather poor dub.

Cybertron, on the other hand, I'm enjoying greatly in the dub, even though I'd call the story of Galaxy Force as mediocre at best.

As for the "weird accents" - they add a sense of individuality to the characters. Remember G1 Prime with his "John Wayne" voice? Ironhide and Wheeljack with their Southern accents? Beachcomber with is Californian accent? And so on.

Now compare that to Energon, where Carlos and Ironhide sounded pretty much the same.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Originally posted by Nevermore
As for the "weird accents" - they add a sense of individuality to the characters. Remember G1 Prime with his "John Wayne" voice? Ironhide and Wheeljack with their Southern accents? Beachcomber with is Californian accent? And so on.

Now compare that to Energon, where Carlos and Ironhide sounded pretty much the same.

I think the problem with the accents that some fans have is that Cybertron supposed to be a follow up to Engeron. Having Armada/Energon Jetfire suddenly have an Austrailan accent with no reason given is weird to say the least.
Now maybe this was explained in the first episode I wouldn't know I haven't seen it yet.

But for some TF fans it would be like Han Solo goes having Harrison Ford's voice in Star Wars Ep. 4 to without reason in Episode 5 he has British Cockney accent for no reason.

Personally I still sort of perfer Energon's dub over Cybertron, even though I agree with you that Cybertron has the better dialoge. I still like the supporting characters' voices in Energon a lit bit better.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Because the dialogue is less inane when it's in a language you don't understand. :)
Starfield
Protoform

Post by Starfield »

I'm in the middle of Galaxy Force right now. It is the first UT series I've seen. I'm enjoying it. I just sometimes wish when they would put the English names for the characters in the subtitles. Some of them may sound good in Japanese, but in English they just aren't cool. "Live Convoy" "Backpack" "Jackshot". Sure.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Whether the name sounds good or not means nothing to the Jafanboys...