[RID,UT] Energon #21 *spoilers*

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
deej
Protoform

Energon #21 *spoilers*

Post by deej »

Not a bad issue at all.. Most of the issue revolves around Optimus & the rest of his team getting their asses handed to them by Unicron's horsemen, then subsequently getting re-formatted into their EN forms.. Artwork in this issue is pretty spot on, with a couple of minor little things that stand out (most of which revolves around Kicker & Alexis, however they do look better than the humans do in G1 vol1 & 2), all in all tho - it looks pretty funky..

The only other thing that springs to mind is that I wish they'd make up their minds with the sizing issue - in the first issue of Energon, Tidal Wave seemed to be the same size as everyone else, yet in this issue 'scorpy & him are massive compared to the rest of the terrorcons. And the Omnicon's speech patterns..whuzzupwiththat? kind of annoying, but I guess it's better than just random beeping & crap.

Keep an eye out for the first appearence of Arcee too!
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Yeah... I thought this issue had a lot more going for it than issue #20. The artwork was great... I especially loved the Horseman. There was a lot of action in this issue, and Furman still managed to find room for a lot of plot development. Prime and Co. finally have their new forms and it looks like the stakes have been raised. This series looks like it has a lot of potential.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

It was almost a great issue, let down by some slightly sloopy art and plot points. The former must be down to the seemingly very late replacement of Guidi by Ng (does anyone know how you pronounce that incidently?). The end result was mostly great, but contained things like op3 being written in pencil on one page (the same sort of mistake they talk about on the letters page oddly enough) and, most blatently, Skorponok doesn't seem to have most of his legs on his first panel, almost as if Insecticon was ment to be higher up covering them.

Plotwise, there is no good reason for Battle Ravage not to kill Alexis, there's nothing special about her as there is with (shudder) Kicker. But the worst for me was how badly the four horsemen came across, the metaphore is hammered over your head with Zero subtlety, even naming them War, Death etc. Not to mention the issue ends with them runing off shouting "We'll get you next time Gadget..er we mean Prime!" As negative as this sounds I did enjoy it, and I really like the Omnicons:D
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Darth Shrapnel
Protoform

Post by Darth Shrapnel »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
Ng (does anyone know how you pronounce that incidently?)

Eeng.
"Im drowning in footwear!"
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Thanks, why oh why can't Dreamwave employ people with easy to pronounce/spell surnames like Smith or Jones? Though as I can barely spell those names either I doubt it would help me much:smokin:
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!