Target exclusive Universe Superion and Bruticus Maximus (Energon redecos) - now in "Revenge of the Fallen" packaging?!?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

ganon578 wrote:So that's about $45 US (according to the internet)? Are TFs typically more expensive over in Australia? (i.e. if a voyager in the US is ~$20, is it ~$25-30 USD in Australia?)
Transformers, toys in general really, are pretty expensive. Scouts are $14.99 - 17.99. Deluxes are anywhere from $23.99 to $29.99 depending on the shop (less if on sale--I have seen some go for as high $34.95 in independant shops). Voyagers $34.95 - 49.95, generally. Ultra $49.95 to $59.95 and Leader $79.95 - $99.95
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Gouki wrote:Transformers, toys in general really, are pretty expensive. Scouts are $14.99 - 17.99. Deluxes are anywhere from $23.99 to $29.99 depending on the shop (less if on sale--I have seen some go for as high $34.95 in independant shops). Voyagers $34.95 - 49.95, generally. Ultra $49.95 to $59.95 and Leader $79.95 - $99.95
Wow. No offense, but thank the Transformer gods (and my wallet) that I live in Ohio.

I'll be looking forward to seeing Superion over here soon since they're out where you are... :)
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Gouki wrote:Transformers, toys in general really, are pretty expensive. Scouts are $14.99 - 17.99. Deluxes are anywhere from $23.99 to $29.99 depending on the shop (less if on sale--I have seen some go for as high $34.95 in independant shops). Voyagers $34.95 - 49.95, generally. Ultra $49.95 to $59.95 and Leader $79.95 - $99.95
What's the US-to-Aussie exchange rate?
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Starfield
Protoform

Names?

Post by Starfield »

Do you think they will change any of the names for the Revenge of the Fallen release? It seems they might want to change at least Brawl's name.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

secretcode wrote:What's the US-to-Aussie exchange rate?
Approx: 1 USD = 1.5-1.6 AUD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Clay

Post by Clay »

secretcode wrote:What's the US-to-Aussie exchange rate?
http://www.xe.com/ucc/
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

Springer007 wrote:I said this way earlier about the hands lol. I know you kitbashers out there will go to ebay or whatnot to just get Unicron or Primus' hands lol.
Unicron or Primus hands would be HUGE on this mold. General leader class hands would be a bit more proportionate. (Wish I had a spare Leader with decent hands, now that I'm thinking about it...)
TFVanguard wrote:It's pretty simple, really. Store exclusives for Transformers don't sell in the volume that warrants entirely new molds. Repaints are easily the best way to go. Retooling/remolding is a little more possible, but in this case, what are you going to retool from to get a space shuttle and jeep?
For Swindle, I'd personally submit either Energon Strongarm or Cybertron Swindle. (Strongarm seems a bit better for this, imo.) Just add some holes to peg the feet in and, here's the trick part, find someplace for the connection piece.

For Blast Off...no clue...
NOBODY LOVES WHEELIE wrote:You'd think they'd at least swipe a Jet from the Superion set for Blast Off.
Good idea. Though that'd be THREE of that particular mold being used. :nonono:
Treadshot A1 wrote:Did they change Bruticus' transformation? Coz i remember the old one had the front of the missile truck on his back, not on his chest?
I always configure mine big boxy part front-of-truck part for Bruticus' chest. And I think that's the way the Energon instructions suggest.
Blackjack wrote:Yeah. Methinks Swindle and Blast Off got their names and paintjobs switched. Poor Blast Off too. First toy in years, and ack.

:D
I dunno. It seems like they were going for Swindle's and Blast Off's original limb placements. (And I've tried both tanks as legs but they're too wide for that.) IMHO, a tank with "Blast" in the name makes plenty of sense- but it's wrong for the character he's homaging.
Starfield wrote:Do you think they will change any of the names for the Revenge of the Fallen release? It seems they might want to change at least Brawl's name.
Heh. I doubt it. Hasbro doesn't seem too worried lately about "oh noes! We've already used that name in this line!" After all, in Universe packaging this is the third Onslaught.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

S_Windell wrote:Unicron or Primus hands would be HUGE on this mold. General leader class hands would be a bit more proportionate. (Wish I had a spare Leader with decent hands, now that I'm thinking about it...)

For Swindle, I'd personally submit either Energon Strongarm or Cybertron Swindle. (Strongarm seems a bit better for this, imo.) Just add some holes to peg the feet in and, here's the trick part, find someplace for the connection piece.

For Blast Off...no clue...
well, MP hands may be useful for a start...

And a remold of Energon Skyblast with some 'rocket booster' accessory, that's actually the connection port. Simple.

As for the port on Strongarm, you know the peg that holds his crane in place...?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Or, steal a set of hands from KOs of G1 Bruticus and Superion, if the sets are about 1:1 with the originals.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Detective Barricade wrote:Or, steal a set of hands from KOs of G1 Bruticus and Superion, if the sets are about 1:1 with the originals.
Yeah, but the MP hands have more articulation. Or otherwise, get someone to cast replica gundam 1/100 scale hands. They'd be about right, with articulation!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]