Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Springer007

Encore #11 and #12: Thundercracker, Skywarp and Metroplex

Post by Springer007 »

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

About time the re-released him! Huzzah for Takara :D
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

My inner child is jumping up and down right now screaming "Me want, me want, me want!".

I'm ignoring the annoying brat for now, but Metroplex is a thing of blocky beauty.

I like the Encore series. :clap:

Oh, and I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before, but it looks like Encore #11 will be Skywarp & Thundercracker packaged together. Nice to see Thundercracker getting some love. Too often overlooked, say I.
Wreck and Rule!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Oh how much am I loving the Encore series right now?
Really a lot is the answer.
Ive already got Ratchet and Ironhide and will be getting Omega Supreme,Sky Lynx and the Minibots and now have to add SW and TC to that list as I have the Hasbro Reissues of both but lets face it the missiles are pretty woeful and these look as if they will include the shorter G1 accurate versions.
I already have 3 Metroplexs (one near mint and 2 decent ones) so Ill be giving him a miss unless I see him really cheap somewhere.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

the only thing i am not liking is the price. maybe some added details, joints for elbows, and knees and feet and that neck for instance (maybe just a small thing). maybe with enough sales those encore makers will do like they did with some of the minispies (hopefully).
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Cant see that happening for one minute.
Theres a world of difference between an application of a couple of spots of paint on headlights and head sculpts and remolding something to add joints and articulation.
So far in the Encore line the toys have been issued as is mold wise-no improvements/changes to the transformation or articulation with AFAIK only the Jazz getting tampo'd graphics rather than stickers as a visual change-but if you have ever had to put stickers on a Jazz(or Stepper/Ricochet) you will know thats a good idea.
(I suppose you could count the Vanette cardboard heads as well)
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Not a bad price for the two seekers--given what they go for. I gots all three of those. So I'm set for this round. Wonder if they'll ever recast the lost cars because those are the only ones I'm looking for at this point.
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

Interesting choices.
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

martyboy70 wrote:Oh how much am I loving the Encore series right now?
Really a lot is the answer.
Ive already got Ratchet and Ironhide and will be getting Omega Supreme,Sky Lynx and the Minibots and now have to add SW and TC to that list as I have the Hasbro Reissues of both but lets face it the missiles are pretty woeful and these look as if they will include the shorter G1 accurate versions.
I already have 3 Metroplexs (one near mint and 2 decent ones) so Ill be giving him a miss unless I see him really cheap somewhere.
My main inquiry is: how is the plastic quality? Improved or not as good as the original? My old Metroplex is broken in half at the swivel waist joint. I was always curious on how the quality of plastic is: better, or worse, or just the same.
Damolisher
Protoform

Post by Damolisher »

Man, those are some good choices. TakaraTomy are really busting their arses with the Encore line- kinda irritating me though, since half the figures they're releasing are ones I already brought second hand. lol.
"Right, switch to Red Alert."
"Are you sure, sir? It does mean changing the bulb!"