IDW Solicitations for June: Revelations 1; Spotlight Wheelie; Movie Sequel/Prequel +

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Halfshell

IDW Solicitations for June: Revelations 1; Spotlight Wheelie; Movie Sequel/Prequel +

Post by Halfshell »

http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid ... emid=11269
Transformers Spotlight: Cyclonus
Simon Furman (w); E.J. Su (a); Su, Nick Roche (c)

The REVELATIONS CYCLE starts here! Continuing the titanic story from the epic events of Transformers: Devastation, a quartet of senses-shattering Spotlight issues unfold, laying bare two years worth of secrets behind the Decepticon invasion of Earth! With a showcase on the legendary CYCLONUS, the Final Phase begins! Continued in the interconnected future Spotlights featuring SIDESWIPE, HARDHEAD, and DOUBLEDEALER, four climaxes to the Transformers saga instead of one! From the mind of TRANSFORMERS uber-scribe Simon Furman, and art by fan-favorite Transformers illustrator E.J. Su (Devastation). Also, see the next page for a second Spotlight this month, independent of the Revelations Cycle, giving proper due to one of the most overlooked of all TRANSFORMERS…

*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
*Retailers: See your order form for a special incentive
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers Movie Sequel: The Reign of Starscream #3
Chris Mowry, Chris Ryall (w); Alex Milne (a); Alex Milne, James Raiz (c)

The official continuation of the blockbuster TRANSFORMERS movie continues here!
Co-writers Chris Ryall (Transformers Movie Prequel) and Chris Mowry, along with artist Alex Milne (Transformers Movie Adaptation) continue their look at the latest machinations of STARSCREAM. Now in charge and scheming to re-create CYBERTRON in his image, a small cadre of AUTOBOTS resist his attack. Little do they know that his plans are much bigger than they imagined… and bigger than anyone can control, let alone stop!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers Movie Prequel Special
Simon Furman, Chris Ryall (w); Don Figueroa, Andrew Wildman (a); Figueroa (c)

This special edition with a full 32 pages of story and art offers two titanic TRANSFORMERS MOVIE tales never before offered for sale. In a special lead-in to the movie, BUMBLEBEE finds himself beset on all sides. And in a full-length tale, STARSCREAM and other DECEPTICONS experience “Earthfall.” Courtesy of Simon Furman, Chris Ryall, Don Figueroa (all three veterans of the Transformers Movie Prequel), and Andrew Wildman. Available with 50/50 covers by Figueroa, one portraying AUTOBOTS, the other showcasing the DECEPTICONS.

FC • 32 ad-free pages • $3.99

Transformers Best of the UK: Space Pirates #4
Simon Furman (w); Will Simpson, Tim Perkins (a); Dan Khanna (c)

Continuing the reprints of the best TRANSFORMERS sagas from across the pond! In the aftermath of the AUTOBOTS driving off the Quintessons and saving Autobot City, the stage is set for the prelude chapters to the upcoming epic Time Wars! How will the stunning final moments of Space Pirates set the wheels in motion for the legendary tale that sends the story across the galaxy and through time itself? Check out these classic reprint issues and find out! From longtime TRANSFORMERS scribe Simon Furman, with a new cover by breakout TRANSFORMERS artist Dan Khanna!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers Spotlight: Wheelie
Simon Furman (w); Klaus Scherwinski (a, c)

A second Transformers Spotlight this month finally showcases one of the most underrated of all TRANSFORMERS, the Autobot Wheelie! Cover artist Klaus Scherwinski teams up with TRANSFORMERS über-scribe Simon Furman to introduce Wheelie to the IDW generation of readers. Trapped, alone on a hostile, faraway planet, the diminutive Autobot must dig deeper than ever before just to survive, running a gauntlet of pain and self-sacrifice that leads, ultimately, to a choice that will test not just his allegiance, but his very soul! Featuring two special covers from Scherwinski.

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

The Art of Transformers HC
Don Figueroa, Guido Guidi, Ed McGuinness, Alex Milne, James Raiz, Nick Roche, Klaus Scherwinski, E.J. Su, Andrew Wildman, Ashley Wood, more (a); Don Figueroa (c)

Re-offered for the first time! THE TRANSFORMERS have featured some of the best, most technically proficient comic book art to ever grace the printed page. Some have been hard-to-secure variant cover images, others only saw limited runs, but all of them deserve to be showcased. And now they are, in this deluxe hardcover-with-dustjacket volume. Inside, you’ll find cover images, pin-ups and rare sketches from the best of the best!

HC • FC • 8.125” x 12.5” • 216 pages • $50.00
ISBN: 978-1-60010-117-5

The Art of Transformers Signed & Numbered Limited Edition HC
This special edition, limited to 250 copies, comes with a tip-in plate signed by artists Don Figueroa, Guido Guidi, Nick Roche, Klaus Scherwinski, E.J. Su, and Andrew Wildman.

HC • FC • 8.125” x 12.5” • 216 pages • $100.00
ISBN: 978-1-60010-133-5

The Art of Transformers Sketch Edition HC
If the signed & numbered edition isn’t premium enough for your tastes, here comes an even more rare edition—limited to stock on hand—featuring a hand-drawn sketch by artist Don Figueroa in every copy!

HC • FC • 8.125” x 12.5” • 216 pages • $150.00
ISBN: 978-1-60010-134-2
Final official confirmation on Wheelie.
Guessing the Movie Prequel stuff is the Titan reprints?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Halfshell wrote:Guessing the Movie Prequel stuff is the Titan reprints?
I think it's the Target movie prequel stories in a normal comic edition.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Makes sense. I think I saw one of the sequel writers referencing it as a source whilst plugging RoS... general release for it would help.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Denyer wrote:I think it's the Target movie prequel stories in a normal comic edition.

Took a few seconds for it to twig for me as well. It's nice to see these get a wider audience as both - and especially the Bumblebee one -- are amoungst the best of the Movie tie in comics.
Rossum
Protoform

Post by Rossum »

I am really curious to see how well Spotlight: Wheelie will sell. I can see it doing really badly due to hatred of the character, or surprisingly well due to fans' morbid desire to see what it could possibly be about.
Terome

Post by Terome »

That cover looks real nice. That might help it along.