BotCon 2008 registration / details and images of convention toy exclusives as they're revealed

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
zigzagger

First Image of Evil Prime up at Botcon.com

Post by zigzagger »

A preview for the first figure of the club exclusive set has surfaced over at botcon.com. Evil Prime. Oooo.
He's so evil....and purple.
http://www.botcon.com/08figures.cfm

edit
Mirrored (like this mirrored universe stuff)
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Saw that toy just a few seconds ago on Seibertron. That is an interesting shade of Purple for an evil character. Kind of a grape - but I am loving the effect put onto the glass for a battle damaged look. Even if it is watermarked and cleaned up a bit, the color choices over-all seem pretty good and not just slapped together in a hurry. Even the head color screams evil. :up: Is that weathering I see on the paint also (on his legs)?
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

So whats the point in this purple prime repaint...considering theres no 'con logos its obviously not an "evil prime" of some kind.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

There'll be more, so figure it's best to have a separate thread for these. :)
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Sonray wrote:So whats the point in this purple prime repaint...considering theres no 'con logos its obviously not an "evil prime" of some kind.
He has the autobot insignia because the autobots are evil in this story. The faction names, insignias and major players are unchanged. The only difference is their alignment.

I like it. I was hoping for NP colors, but this actually is a bit more interesting. Bonus points for doing something unique, as well. I wonder what the rest of the set will look like . . .
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

RID Scourge wrote:He has the autobot insignia because the autobots are evil in this story. The faction names, insignias and major players are unchanged. The only difference is their alignment.

I like it. I was hoping for NP colors, but this actually is a bit more interesting. Bonus points for doing something unique, as well. I wonder what the rest of the set will look like . . .
What "story"? Good to see Hasbro finally learning how to paint well though... Saves me some work.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Every year, the Transformers Club (which is run by Fun Publications) releases a set of exclusives and a comic book (which features those toys) at their Botcon convention. This year's comic is a mirror-universe story in which the autobots are good and the decepticons are evil. This Optimus Prime is the Evil Prime from the set.
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

RID Scourge wrote:Every year, the Transformers Club (which is run by Fun Publications) releases a set of exclusives and a comic book (which features those toys) at their Botcon convention. This year's comic is a mirror-universe story in which the autobots are good and the decepticons are evil. This Optimus Prime is the Evil Prime from the set.
Dont you mean the autobots are evil and the decepticons are good? :P

Sounds interesting though. I look forward to reading the comic book from a bootlegger. :P
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

At first I thought someone changed the tint settings on that picture, but no the official photo DOES look like a f***ed monitor.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Denyer wrote:Any word on whether the remoulds have beards?
Nah, they'd never be so obvious surely?
Ackula wrote: 2. Classics Rodimus painted black with a beard.
Ah ****.
Denyer wrote:It was usually an idea reserved for bad fanfic.
By people who saw Mirror Mirror and missed the whole bloody point (including that bearded Spock wasn't evil...)
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Prime looks...ok. As cliche as it is, I'd have rather seen the Nemesis Prime colors than the Grape Ape deco though tbh.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

I have to wonder why they're doing this. Adopting the 'most lame-ass fan-fiction idea ever' as the crux of their 2008 story is not the most bright of moves. Are they seriously going to say that they couldn't pick out 10 characters from 25 years of material that would make for a better convention set?

If you really wanted Evil Cars vs Heroic Jets, isn't there a couple of teams in pretty high demand already?

And, I'm sorry, the 'painted damage' on Purple Prime looks pathetic, like something my four-year old did on accident playing with a Gundam pen. I know some fans are going to look forward to this, but, for me, this is probably the weakest of the exclusive lineup since Onyx Primal...

... who, not coincidentally.. was the exact same concept.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Sonray wrote:Dont you mean the autobots are evil and the decepticons are good? :P
Yeah, what he said. :glance:
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

OK question,

If this is the mirror world and everything is reversed, then would there even me a nemesis prime or in this case a avenger prime(didnt know what else to call him), or would there be a nemesis megatron ?

Nemesis Prime is pretty much the evil prime in a regular universe, so in a mirror universe with a Evil Prime already, would he be Avenger Prime ? or since the whole thing is mirrored wouldnt that mean there would be a nemesis megatron, because he is the good guy now ?

Remember everything is mirrored or flipped, and that includes the reasons for certain character in this case a NEMESIS character. So who would that character be ? and why do yall think that ?
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

I haven't made up my mind about this urgent question yet.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

A Nemesis Classics Prime is rumoured to be an exclusive at SDCC --

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... me-164231/

Oh, and loose BotCon sets have sold out. Presumably because dealers have ordered them without realising the last two years' sets were likely to have been more sought after.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Not a fan of the mold (the Classics UM I got with Skywarp is still tiewrapped in the box after about a year) and I don't like the colour or the half-assed battle damage but I do like the "til all are gone" sentiment
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

So, apparently someone couldn't wait to upload these pics until they were meant to go public, and since the URLs were so obvious to guess, some folks at TFW found them:

Goldbug!

http://botcon.com/images/goldbugALT.jpg
http://botcon.com/images/goldbugBOT.jpg
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

Goldbug is LAAAAAME. Prime is beginning to grow on me, especially the alt mode. Love the phrase painted on the side! Awesome touch!