Movie Toys out in Argos UK!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
lord_optimus
Protoform

Post by lord_optimus »

Toys R Us in Sheffield have got the Starscream and Optimus Protoforms in.
Target
Protoform

Post by Target »

I just can't seem to find the right shops!! Tried a different Argos yesterday, only had the titanium soundwave (again) and more cybertron skywarps!!
I was hoping to find the titanium rodmus prime and cyb. downshift :(
If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Originally posted by tarikq
And now they are gone! all the listings have been taken off the Argos, TRU and woolies websites! damn!

Blame this guy!

Or not . . .
-Alex???
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Hehehehe, Argos is the most mickey mouse shop in the world. If you want anything from an assortment, don't make plans for the rest of the ****ing day... The trouble the staff in some have getting the concept that you don't want the first one Darren In The Storeroom (they're all called Darren) pulled off the shelf is mind-boggling.

So that's where Decepti "I know everything about marketing, I do" Ford****wit landed then. Lucky ol' IDW board...
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper

So that's where Decepti "I know everything about marketing, I do" Ford****wit landed then. Lucky ol' IDW board...

IDW are actually considering letting him write a Spotlight issue (After months of badgering); and in all likelihood -- they will. No joke. Now I know you're not exactly an IDW enthusiast but . . . Cliffjumper? Cliffjumper?!!!

*Tries to escape, but there's too much blood on the knob*

Note: I’m not trying to flame the aforementioned asterisk-tastic bloke. :o

Edit: Dalek will be so happy that he can resurrect the "When's Stormbringer 2 out" jokes.
-Alex???
Target
Protoform

Post by Target »

If anyone is passing an Argos can you check if they have any Transformers Cybertron Leader Optimus Prime's.
Cheers
If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Originally posted by Target
If anyone is passing an Argos can you check if they have any Transformers Cybertron Leader Optimus Prime's.
Cheers

Look it up on their website. You can stock check any store from there.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Leicester Argos has 'withdrawn stock' on the £7.50 6" Titaniums. No one could tell me when any might again be available (that was no surprise, but you just gotta ask). Seems they are concentrating on the new movie releases, but no protoforms.

Disappointed :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Post by the_escaflowne_2k »

Dont know about my local Argos, but i did see a load of movie toys in Woolies, from protoforms to Ratchet and that helicopter chap.
"all i can say is that my life is pretty plain, you don't like my point of view you think that i'm insane"
Target
Protoform

Post by Target »

Originally posted by Neuronutter
Look it up on their website. You can stock check any store from there.

THere don't seem to be any in any of the East Mids stores :(
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Argos have pulled the whole movie line until after the 2nd June. Apparently they were made available early by mistake and should be back for sale from Monday 4th June.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ah-ha! That could explain a thing or two! I also tried entering the codes of two other TF items from the main book, and they came up 'not available'. (NB I didn't enter new movie line codes.)

Guess local Argos, with their infinite ability to fark things up, have stopped all TF sales until 4th June.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Update

Argos have :

Voyager Ratchet and Blackout
Deluxe Ptotoform Optimus Prime and Starscream

available to buy now with the buy one, get the second half price.

All other movie figures will not be available until Wednesday at the earliest.
All Argos stock of the Leader class, Titanium's etc are currently in the warehouse (Distrubition center in Stafford, UK) and should arrive in store Monday or Tuesday.

However. You can ring and reserve the figures ready for collection on Wednesday.

Woolworths (Hanley, Longton, Stone, Stafford, Newcastle Under Lyme) have:

No movie figures at all. Only ones on the shelves are the small titainums and a few Cybertron figures.

Toys R Us (Festival Park, Etruria) have:

Loads of Cybertron deluxe's (Mostly Unicron) and Primus figures.
Cybertron mini cons and Legends figures.

Attacktix (spelling ??) figures
Classics Jetfire, Bumblebee, Mini cons and the Prime vs Megatron pack.

20th Ann Prime

Movie Ratchet, Blackout, Proto Prime and Starscream, Movie Legends figures, Fast Action Battler Starscream and Ironhide, Unleashed Bumblebee.

No other figures available until Wednesday either.

Ah well. Was hoping to get Leader class Prime and Megatron today :(
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Thanks, Rookwise. By Wednesday I should have my expenses from work and I'll go check what's on offer. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

You will have a small amount of expenses from me too Clogs Ill be posting you a PO for my RM mini KOs on Monday sorry for the delay
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
AutobotJazz
Protoform

Post by AutobotJazz »

On a side note HMV will be selling alot in the way of movie related tat, including a good range of action figures. I should know coz I work there....horah for discount. Unfortunatly we had an embargo placed on them, cant sell them until after monday 4th, which is handy coz that means I pick them up with my Ultimate Transformers The Movie that comes out on monday...ch-ching!!!
Thanks to StoneCold Skywarp for the Sig
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Is that HMV UK ?
Strange how they should start selling action figures. They've never done before :confused:
Housewife2000
Protoform

Post by Housewife2000 »

The ToyStop in Putney has Leader class Prime and Megs, along with all the movie toys already spotted in Woolies and Argos. I didn't expect to see Megs so early - he has the same 'try me' featire as Prime - a slider on the chest that activates lights and sound.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Originally posted by martyboy70
You will have a small amount of expenses from me too Clogs Ill be posting you a PO for my RM mini KOs on Monday sorry for the delay

It's such a small amount.... Well, as the fat woman said, every little helps... Thanks, mate!

AutobotJazz, I shall detour to HMV. The new TF:TM is already on its way to me, so why not?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Just had an email from Argos to say that my reservation is ready to collect at the store I'd selected.

Email below:

Thank you for using Check and Reserve at http://www.argos.co.uk Your reservation is available for collection at Newcastle Under Lyme and will be held until the store closes on Friday, June 8th 2007.Your reservation number is 14**** - Please quote this when you go to any till or quick pay kiosk in store. Here are the details of the item(s) you have reserved:
Cat No 387/1339 Product Name TSF LEADER Qty 2 Price £39.99 SubTotal £39.99
Prices may change on a daily basis due to special offers. The price you pay will be the price in store on the day you pay and collect. For Store Opening Hours please check http://www.argos.co.uk

Looks like they are now in stock. Don't know if they're available to buy in store yet though.