Who is G1 Galvatron arch foe and why?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Starsaberdub
Protoform

Who is G1 Galvatron arch foe and why?

Post by Starsaberdub »

Is it Ultra Magnus, Rodimus Prime or both and why?
Denyer

Re: Who is G1 Galvatron arch foe and why?

Post by Denyer »

Depends on the continuity. Magnus is often paired with Galvy -- eg Marvel UK, Ladybird books. With the show Rodimus is nominally the Prime... until Optimus comes back.
Starsaberdub
Protoform

Post by Starsaberdub »

Denyer wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:15 pm Depends on the continuity. Magnus is often paired with Galvy -- eg Marvel UK, Ladybird books. With the show Rodimus is nominally the Prime... until Optimus comes back.
In the show who was more his arch foe: Rodimus or Ultra Magnus?
In webworld he expressed his desire of getting Ultra Magnus.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Magnus was just the guy he was fighting at the time.

The only original continuities I remember in which Galvy and Magnus could really be said to be arch foes are the UK Ladybird books and the UK Marvel comics.
Starsaberdub
Protoform

Post by Starsaberdub »

Denyer wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:14 pm Magnus was just the guy he was fighting at the time.

The only original continuities I remember in which Galvy and Magnus could really be said to be arch foes are the UK Ladybird books and the UK Marvel comics.
Galvatron was advertised as Ultra Magnus sworn enemy in a commercial.
Are you saying Rodimus Prime was more of Galvatron arch enemy than Magnus in the cartoon and if so why?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Galvatron was more Galvatron's arch enemy. I mean, Webworld was literally about the other Decepticons trying to cure/reprogram him.
Starsaberdub
Protoform

Post by Starsaberdub »

Denyer wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:09 pm Galvatron was more Galvatron's arch enemy. I mean, Webworld was literally about the other Decepticons trying to cure/reprogram him.
But how much was Rodimus compared to Ultra Magnus?
Starsaberdub
Protoform

Post by Starsaberdub »

Denyer wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:14 pm Magnus was just the guy he was fighting at the time.

How may times did Ultra Magnus and Galvatron fight in the cartoon?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Generally speaking there's more emphasis across the original cartoon on doing feature episodes on characters with less expensive toys, showing less violence and including some pithy moral kernels. You don't get the "war" themes that showed up in some of the comics, or at least not as often.
Starsaberdub
Protoform

Post by Starsaberdub »

Denyer wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:29 pm Generally speaking there's more emphasis across the original cartoon on doing feature episodes on characters with less expensive toys, showing less violence and including some pithy moral kernels. You don't get the "war" themes that showed up in some of the comics, or at least not as often.
Did Galvatron have a rivalry with both Ultra Magnus and Rodimus Prime in season 3?
Starsaberdub
Protoform

Post by Starsaberdub »

Denyer wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:09 pm Galvatron was more Galvatron's arch enemy. I mean, Webworld was literally about the other Decepticons trying to cure/reprogram him.
Who do people recognise as Galvatron G1 Arch foe (other than himself)?