Still only one Unicron question?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Starsaberdub
Protoform

Still only one Unicron question?

Post by Starsaberdub »

F.j. DeSanto said in a interview with Rodimus Primal that there is only one Unicron so has Hasbro gone back to the Singular thing or does this take place before Another Light that was in Transformers: Collectors' Club where they were separated?
Would someone Please Reply?
Skyquake87
Protoform

Re: Still only one Unicron question?

Post by Skyquake87 »

I guess like all these things, the fiction will be whatever Hasbro decides it is. In this era of endless reboots and refreshes, pick whatever works for you. Personally, I don't give much of a toot for continuity, especially where Transformers is concerned. It's had so many different takes that it's all equally valid for me.

...I even think Animorphs are part of the Transformers universe. I know they're not, but they had the logo on the packaging, so good enough...! :P . I liked to think some old Beast Wars tech (stasis pods etc) were left lying dormant on Earth and these kids found it, triggering the DNA replicators and all that jazz to allow them to transform into animals...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

AFAIK Hasbro gave up on the "one Unicron" concept; i.e. stopped pretending that it had any in-universe relevance to or fit the chronologies of most existing continuities.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Shroud
Starsaberdub
Protoform

Post by Starsaberdub »

Denyer wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:13 pm AFAIK Hasbro gave up on the "one Unicron" concept; i.e. stopped pretending that it had any in-universe relevance to or fit the chronologies of most existing continuities.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Shroud
So why would F.J treat it like it is otherwise?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

He's a freelancer and expecting him to know or care about meta-fiction details across Hasbro's whole IP rather than eg having read the 2004 DK TF ultimate guide might be a bit optimistic, and the same probably goes for most long-term fans.

It's not as if Unicron as a singularity worked with previous material either, it's like official Doctor Who waves concepts like "fixed point in time" around to explain why in a particular episode a character can't do something or the weeping angels aren't a rule-of-cool concept.