Love of God and the Prophets PBUT

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Axe
Protoform

Love of God and the Prophets PBUT

Post by Axe »

Edit: Link requires Medium registration, so I posted the draft in the fourth post. I talk about the problem in the third post of this thread.

Note: Yeah... not good when your thread starts with an edit ha ha.

Dead Poets Society

Bonus:

Man... That Ali Zafar bloke sure rose to stardom in a big way!

I am thinking of a song of his, one that's not in Urdu. Usually singers have a hit song (that's not in Urdu) it can be in Punjabi or Pashto I guess, I don't know. This one's in Balochi I think, a folk song I think, not sure (I only know just a little bit of Punjabi, besides Urdu).

I really like that it is intense without using strong music. Oh, I forgot to mention, it's a collaboration. :)

Ah yes. I checked with my mother, it is indeed a Balochi folk song.

Laila O Laila - Ali Zafar ft Urooj Fatima | Lightingale Productions

Of course, there is another song that's relevant to this thread that I had in mind. My mother told me about it maybe about half a year ago. I loved it at the time, but I havn't thought about it much since then.

I really don't know about it. Checked Wikipedia a bit... I guess its good to reference the story (a pure reference) and give a quote:

"It tells the story of the love between Heer Sial and Dheedo Ranjha. [...] Waris Shah states that the story has a deeper meaning, referring to the unrelenting quest that man has towards God."

Dastaan-e-ishq | Ali Zafar | Season 2 | Coke Studio Pakistan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heer_Ranjha

Hi thread
Last edited by Axe on Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Denyer

Re: Love of God and the Prophets PBUT

Post by Denyer »

Is the first link meant to require registration?

The kid he's singing with has some presence.
Axe
Protoform

Post by Axe »

Sorry to make everyone wait! The draft is in the post below.

I think that Medium guide had me brainwashed somehow... So detailed and helpful!
Your draft is available to anyone with the URL; they do not need a Medium account.
I don't remember, maybe I only signed out of google mail and not Medium and thought it was a temporary thing. Maybe it was just procrastination.

Reference:

It will take away 1 of 3 paying member stories for the month that one can read (paywall beyond simple registration; registration is for posting your own free stories).

Medium Share Draft Link

Another article talks about it. It has an abbreviated swear word in the end, but I like this comment:
I didn’t know this and I think it just caused me some grief. How about at least a heads up, Medium???
More of a pure reference:

(no paywall, free for all)

Medium Limits Access to Draft Sharing!

Edit:

I really should have mentioned, the first article isn't Medium's official help page; though it does show above it in a search (DuckDuckGo).

It is free of course. Yeah, I really should have mentioned this. :)

A pure reference:
Your draft is available to anyone logged in to a Medium account who has the URL; it is not locked or private.
Sharing drafts and getting feedback
Last edited by Axe on Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Axe
Protoform

Post by Axe »

Dead Poets Society

In the name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

God is the Source of Peace — God is the Peace.

God is the Most High.

God is the Most Generous.

Peace and blessings be upon the Prophets.

Acknowledgements:

Maryanne Williamson

Russell Brand

Stephen Colbert

Seth Meyers

Level UP

Tommy Tallarico

Acknowledgements (continued):

I joined the TFArchive community in university; and I continued to be (somewhat) active with them (forums only) for about five years after graduating. They helped me a lot with stress reduction.

We had some great fun; and plenty of learning along the way!

I really started learning about religion after university.

Pat the NES Punk and HVGN helped me to think the best of Video Games!

Gnostics, Peace TV, and then AVGN: they all helped me recover from burnout; and I kept on learning, thanks to them. I am indebted to them.

I am especially thankful to Dr. Yasir Fazaga.

I am indebted to Master Terry Dunn, Master Mantak Chia, and Master Michael Tse.

I recently watched a few of Dr. Omar Suleiman’s videos. They helped me a great deal with my mental health. They helped me to be more optimistic!

Dead Poets Society!

It’s a 1989 film. Not for the young; not for the faint of heart:

Terrible injustice in the film: (the movie deals with the matter of) stunting of potential…

We all love Robin Williams!

Keating is an awesome teacher! He wants the best for his students.

The character (one of the main characters, a student) in the film; Neil — reminds me of the following narration…

(Quote)

If anyone travels on a road in search of knowledge, God will cause him to travel on one of the roads of Paradise. […] [We’ll try to get to the rest of the narration towards the end, God willing.]

Neil’s father only wants the best for his son. He wants him to try to succeed, try to focus in high school so that he can be the best doctor that he can be. However, he sees Keating encouraging Neil to pursue his passion for art (acting) as being very detrimental for Neil.

(Quote) [Not directly related; we’ll try to get to the rest of this narration towards the end as well, God willing.]

God (mighty and sublime be He) will say on the Day of Resurrection: O son of Adam, […] did you not know that My servant So-and-so had fallen ill and you visited him not? Did you not know that had you visited him you would have found Me with him? […]

I used to play this game as a kid:

Bobby is Going Home, Atari 2600:

Bit Corporation, 1983.

YouTube Channel: Highretrogamelord:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CACbEnPfv4c

Kind of a reference:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_is_Going_Home

My first Math and Physics teacher in High School (only taught us for about half a year), is actually one of the few people who made me who I am; at least with regard to education.

He interspersed (short) motivational religious teachings throughout his lectures.

(Pickthall’s translation below) [It’s been a long time since I used to work with Gnostics, while learning from Peace TV.]

Captain America:

In the name of God the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

41:34. The good deed and the evil deed are not alike. Repel the evil deed with one which is better, then lo! he, between whom and thee there was enmity (will become) as though he was a bosom friend.

41:35. But none is granted it save those who are steadfast, and none is granted it save the owner of great happiness.

God is the Guide.

God is the Truth.

God is the Healer.

God is the Provider.

Who are the Gnostics?

They concern themselves with the pursuit of knowledge, and the fight against evil, especially the inner fight.

(A quote, followed by a third narration and the second narration in full) [“Tremendous Injustice” is my phrase]

Make Art Not War.

Tremendous Injustice:

O My servants, I have forbidden oppression for Myself and have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another. […]

God (mighty and sublime be He) will say on the Day of Resurrection: O son of Adam, I fell ill and you visited Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I visit You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant So-and-so had fallen ill and you visited him not? Did you not know that had you visited him you would have found Me with him? O son of Adam, I asked you for food and you fed Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I feed You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant So-and-so asked you for food and you fed him not? Did you not know that had you fed him you would surely have found that (the reward for doing so) with Me? O son of Adam, I asked you to give Me to drink and you gave Me not to drink. He will say: O Lord, how should I give You to drink when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: My servant So-and-so asked you to give him to drink and you gave him not to drink. Had you given him to drink you would have surely found that with Me.

God is the Protecting Friend.

God is the Light.

Peace and blessings be upon the Prophets.

(Quote; the first narration in full)

If anyone travels on a road in search of knowledge, God will cause him to travel on one of the roads of Paradise. The angels will lower their wings in their great pleasure with one who seeks knowledge, the inhabitants of the heavens and the Earth and the fish in the deep waters will ask forgiveness for the learned man. The superiority of the learned man over the devout is like that of the moon, on the night when it is full, over the rest of the stars. The learned are the heirs of the Prophets, and the Prophets leave neither dinar nor dirham, leaving only knowledge, and he who takes it takes an abundant portion.

God is glorified above all!

God is free of all imperfection.

All praise belongs to God.

God is the Alive. God is the Eternal.

Lord of Majesty and Honor.

Peace

References:

1) I learned a great deal from Master Belzebuub’s videos.

Our old Master; Master Samael Aun Weor:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samael_Aun_Weor

2) Tremendous Injustice:

[I think it’s best that I not mention this video game intro at this time. We can let it be a mystery video game. :) Just a little teaser I guess: it’s an SNES game. Umm, I am sorry. I’ve got no plans to talk about it anytime soon.]

3) Make Art, Not War:

Team Level UP:

https://www.youtube.com/c/TeamLevelUP/about

4) Intellivision Amico: “The console is planned to target families, and is set up to only allow family-friendly games in its library.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellivision_Amico
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Sorry, been a busy couple of weeks.

Pretty sure I've seen Dead Poets Society at some point, but it has a similar dramatic arc to film adaptations like Kes and The Go-Between and I might be misremembering. They're interesting stories insofar as they exemplify that progress and tolerance are generational (to a certain extent relying on there being less of the previous generation left) and that a cycle is about thirty years now. Similarly we're now seeing more filmmakers telling those same kinds of stories about the 80s we grew up in, and the world's still full of people with so little self-esteem that the only way they can attempt to satisfy their need for validation is by trying to destroy others.

I had some particularly good English teachers, and other good ones. RE was good for the opportunities to find out about different beliefs and cultures and spot the similarities. Studied a certain amount of religious history, both medieval and the modern (60s-90s) counter-culture it evolved into with acid and varying takes on how successful it could be judged to have been by people like HST and Bill Hicks.

You might like Julian of Norwich if you haven't already come across her. She had an unusual interest in universal salvation for the fourteenth century. The texts can be a bit dry and are well-known mainly for certain passages but there was a nice BBC documentary a few years ago which someone has helpfully uploaded;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VptjqJN8wy0
Axe
Protoform

Post by Axe »

Thank you for writing Denyer. Thank you for sharing.

Good news! We have the coronavirus stuff, and a lot more. :)

Praise be to God. I'm really pleased with the result. I think there was a mix of (negative) procrastination and (positive) not greedily rushing things.

Because of procrastination, unfortunately, I can't comment on your post now; sorry.

Well, I can at least say that your post helped me with procrastination. I'm grateful for the boost. Its possible I might comment sometime in the future, I really don't know.

The coronavirus thread is linked in this (main) thread:

Elementals
Axe
Protoform

Post by Axe »

Ungratefulness

In the name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Peace! :) :up:

The very fun, but quite long story starts here! :laugh:

Anxiety!!

I need this line twice! :laugh: :laugh:

Still doesn't remove fear from me! :wtf: :laugh:

It scares me thinking I might still have that sort of selfishness in me! :eek:
Sades wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:00 pmI like my job, but the hours, man. The week feels VERY LONG. :laugh: I usually can sleep as long as I want to on Saturdays, though. I cannot tell you how nice that is.
I've procrastinated, I should have drafted the part below earlier (I thought it would be short and easy or something).

When I went to the States to study (Fall 2001), my mom started to sleep in my room. She said she even recognized my scent. She said she missed me very much. :love: :love:

Well at least I've made a good solid step in helping myself realize ungratefulness more, God willing. This is despite not looking at all how life was before or after university (I returned home after university).

The four university years were the hardest I worked in my life. But the problem is that there was possibly plenty of greed involved considering the decisions that I made.

It scares me thinking I might still have that sort of selfishness in me! :eek:

Love is better than Everything Else!! I feel like writing part of a (different) draft that I have been working on now. Much much modification of course!!

God is Lord of Majesty and Honor.

O God; you are the Truth, you are the King.

What kings have is all False!!

O God; you are the Light, you are the Provider.

That which all the rulers and all the kings have is not True.

God is the Protecting Friend. God is the Preserver.

O God; we are deeply needy before you!!

All the friends that we have, if they take us away from you:

They are false friends!!

God is the Most Gracious. God is the Most Merciful.

God is the Guide.

God is Lord of Majesty and Honor.

Please God; grant us guidance and mercy.

Please God; grant us that which is truly good.

Amen

Last time: tiredness thread

I realized that I didn't thank Denyer last time!

Thank you Denyer, your post helped me to make my post! :)

I love you Sades and Hound. :)

I love you all! :)

I love being on this forum! :)

Peace

Asim