re-issued Beast Wars

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Nathrazul
Protoform

re-issued Beast Wars

Post by Nathrazul »

Just found them at my local Walmart, I haven't heard anything about them. they had Megatron,Optimus and Rattrap. are there any others or plans to do the transmetals?
Skyquake87
Protoform

Re: re-issued Beast Wars

Post by Skyquake87 »

Although they've kind of come out with little fanfare, I think Hasbro's reissued them in celebration of Beast Wars 25th Anniversary.

Scorponok's due for a reissue (in what seem to be show accurate colours); not sure about the Transmetals, but I think they are rumoured.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Yeah, I found these over the weekend myself.

They've also reissued the original Cheetor in addition to the three you mentioned.
Nathrazul
Protoform

Post by Nathrazul »

Skyquake87 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:12 pm Not sure about the Transmetals, but I think they are rumoured.

maybe I'll finally get my Transmetal Megatron that wont crumble if i look at it too hard.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I've found the reissues in pretty big numbers as well, which was a nice surprise. Rattrap was the only one of the bunch that I really wanted, but I hope they sell well enough that Walmart keeps stocking them. I think they all have slightly different decos than the vintage figures, though I don't know if it's to make them more show-accurate, or just for the heck of it.

The current rumours suggest that we'll be seeing Scorponok, Terrorsaur, Tarantulas, Tigatron, Cybershark and K-9 in subsequent waves. Those last two seem to suggest that Hasbro thinks the line is going to stick around for a while, but it also seems like they're sticking to the original, organic beast modes for now. I'd love to see reissues of the Transmetals and TM2s, though. Most of my vintage ones have pretty good chrome, but Tarantulas, Scourge and Prowl have certainly seen better days. And of course I'd love a TM Megatron to hang out with my Armada Predacon!