Need some advice on a MP style Megatron

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Nathrazul
Protoform

Need some advice on a MP style Megatron

Post by Nathrazul »

So I have been in the market for a MP Megatron as i don't rely have any figures of the guy (G1) and since i cant sell another kidney are there any good 3rd party options you know of? I got Transform element OP leader as a replacement for MP-44 and didn't blink twice.
Clay

Re: Need some advice on a MP style Megatron

Post by Clay »

Never had any experience with the 3rd party Megatrons, but you might try searching for a knockoff of MP36. I've heard generally good evaluations of MP knockoffs, considering they're about one-third the price of the official figures. Only one I have myself is a KO Ratbat which *maybe* had a pin drilled off center, but it was so much cheaper than buying a Soundblaster just to get one tape that I can't complain.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Re: Need some advice on a MP style Megatron

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

The mp36 KO is generally well regarded but like any KO, you roll the dice and take your shots.

For a slightly cheaper alternative THF is highly regarded, more a remould than a KO, people seem to prefer the colouring. Unfortunately like a lot of these things, the price is inflated due to the scarcity of it.

If the back kibble of Megatron is a problem for you then you could throw your hat in for infinite transformation's attempt, which is where my money has been since last November. Even it's been in pre-order for a long time, its still pretty cheap if you're prepared to wait.

I have te-01 myself and thing the infinite transformation one is going to be the best match to it.