Faking Filmation: another 80s and general retro crowdfund

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Denyer

Faking Filmation: another 80s and general retro crowdfund

Post by Denyer »

This one focusing a bit on MOTU. What's particularly interesting is that this seems to be a roll of the dice to get past a legal injunction on releasing an already-complete fan animation, in the wider context of talking about other cartoons of the era. I've gone for the digital bundle since physical media appears to ship from the US at ludicrous cost.

Lot of original creators already on board for the documentary portions, plus some slightly more unusual rewards like a VHS option.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/af ... -filmation

Mr_Hi_n_Mitey
Custom Title: Overlord Of OlSkool Weirdness

Re: Faking Filmation: another 80s and general retro crowdfund

Post by Mr_Hi_n_Mitey »

Denyer wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:37 pm This one focusing a bit on MOTU. What's particularly interesting is that this seems to be a roll of the dice to get past a legal injunction on releasing an already-complete fan animation, in the wider context of talking about other cartoons of the era. I've gone for the digital bundle since physical media appears to ship from the US at ludicrous cost.

Lot of original creators already on board for the documentary portions, plus some slightly more unusual rewards like a VHS option.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/af ... -filmation

Hey, looking back from this New Millennium to those old days, I now believe that Filmation Studios was OK; even though as a young boy when I first saw many of their cartoons, I did view them as corny. I have recently attained all twenty-two episodes of their STAR TREK ANIMATED Series, and I may/may not be trying to get a hold of their SPORT BILLY series as well. I'm glad that I finally ran across a fellow fan of the long-defunct Filmation Studios.
:devil: Image :angel: