Hound's backlog

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Re: Hound's backlog

Post by Auntie Slag »

I got a Switch a couple of weeks ago and have been busy building up an all-new backlog. The eShop is great for deals and I’ve been buying compilations of old arcade games. I used to play horribly compromised arcade conversions on old 8-bit and 16-bit computers back in the 80’s and 90’s… so to now have arcade perfect versions of Strider, Ghouls n’ Ghosts, Final Fight, Rolling Thunder in a portable device the size of an Atari Lynx etc is beautiful.

Then I bought the Turtles Cowabunga collection which has both of the arcade games its so awesome! following that a load of indie titles and the Assassin’s Creed: Rebel Collection which contains Black Flag and Rogue plus all DLC.

And today I bought Mario Odyssey, and the only reason I’m stopping is because I’ve run out of space on my SD card and used up the internal memory.

Finally I found out there’s a company called Hamster who have been busy making arcade perfect Switch ports of various old games, many of which have never been released on any format, and now I desperately want those too; like the original arcade version of Punch Out, Track n’ Field, Hypersports, New Zealand Story and stacks of Neo Geo titles. Apparently they’ve converted about 200 games to the Switch.

There’s so many things I want to get and there’s not enough time or money for all of them, but I want them all and I want them to fit into a fat little micro SD card for instant access. Silly Nintendo have got me all obsessed again.