Siege micromasters wave 5 (ratbat et al)

A trading post for established members. Please read the rules first.
Clay

Siege micromasters wave 5 (ratbat et al)

Post by Clay »

Did they under produce these? They're out of stock at both the specialty transformers shops and more general retailers like amazon and walmart. I just bought waves one and two from bbts at a slight clearance, and found waves three and four on hasbro pulse, but wave five seems sold out everywhere. Of course there's still ebay, but I'd rather not pay double MSRP for some figures in Taiwan to get here six weeks from now unless that's the only option.

Can anyone here help?
Denyer

Re: Siege micromasters wave 5 (ratbat et al)

Post by Denyer »

I'm guessing low pre-orders, with e-tailers not wanting to get stuck with the combiner and the downsized cassettes being a bit lacklustre. The stock Kapow had didn't allow for separate orders so I punted the cassettes to someone else to offset the cost. All in all a bit of a waste of time and money.

With schedules they were effectively end of line, weren't they? Might be more stock warehoused somewhere. Clearance stores around here usually get larger figures though.
Clay

Post by Clay »

I have thought of clearance/surplus stores, but it's probably too early for that since Siege is still in retail (maybe in a few months?). The problem with those is that it's an absolute dice-roll as to what you find, so looking for particular figures isn't normally fruitful.

I find it remarkable that, even after using the wave system for twenty or twenty five years now, they still do the "new mold figures in final wave weeks/months before line resets while current stock is being remaindered" trick. And doubly so since the micromasters in this case are being carried over into the next iteration.

(I actually like the look of Ratbat/Rumble better than Laserbeak/Ravage, fwiw.)
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Yeah, I really wanted Ratbat and Rumble but I don't think that's going to happen. It's really too bad that the Decepticons' one true leader was relegated to late-wave fodder. :( Even the Battle Squad, who don't seem to be all that popular, are basically impossible to find up here -- the ones I bought are the only ones I've ever seen.

I'll keep you in mind if they ever do show up in numbers, though. :)
Clay

Post by Clay »

Gaaaaaaahhhhh, I'm weak. Bought both wave five sets on ebay at nearly 100% markup. And I did this after pre-ordering the Frenzy and Wingthing et al set. Why did I ever buy that stupid Soundblaster...