IT'S TIME FOR A NEW YOUTUBE THREAD

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

Re: IT'S TIME FOR A NEW YOUTUBE THREAD

Post by Sades »

Brrrrup, brup brup brup. Words.

I am very attached to this Lobster. <3

Though I also want to know more about the crabby in the first video. And those kitchen knives, yespls.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

StoneCold Skywarp wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:38 pm
Hound wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:06 am System update? Restart your machine? Just in case you haven't tried the standard stuff already.
Would usually be all the stuff I recommend too but I think it's just that the ps4 YouTube app is utter garbage!
The Xbox One is much at streaming media in general than the PS4. It's fine gaming machine but a great streaming box, the PS4 is the other way around. The DVD/Blu-Ray player app is fine but should've been built in too the XB1 where you don't have download an app to play Blu-Rays and DVDs. And you have to get Audio CD app to play music CDs is just stupid what sucks is that you could rip songs to Xbox 360's HD and create your own sound tracks while you play video games. You can't do that on the XB1 because copyright issues when someone makes a music video and uploads it to YouTube, and now you have to deal Spotify and other music apps.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gyphZLIyTY

Just a beautiful short song that I like.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I'm about to break the youtube link thing. It's not gonna link to shorts, is it?

Sades

Post by Sades »

Sades wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:54 am I'm about to break the youtube link thing. It's not gonna link to shorts, is it?

OH IT WORKED

I could have used preview but that takes the fun out of it.

And of course, I hit quote instead of edit. Oh well.
Jack Brownie
Protoform
Custom Title: Mr

Post by Jack Brownie »

Great relaxing jazz music non-stop! :up: I even cut some fragments from the set and looped them via Online Video Cutter.
Last edited by Jack Brownie on Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Great now YouTube has comments on Xbox and Playstation, that was the one reasons why I liked it.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Don't know who might be interested but someone's done a fan reading of the first Dragonlance book (Dragons of Autumn Twilight) and it's really good -- worth downloading before someone official complains. Eleven and a half hours run time. He's done a load of other stuff too and Facebook has some additional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vXlI0D7Qsw
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

How do I embed a video? Nevermind - follow link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MTyIVyMOGI&t=48s Cybertron Falls Part 3 Indiegogo campaign.
Sades

Post by Sades »

The entirety of RUN BTS variety show has been posted on YouTube. Time to binge! \o/

Yes, I’m serious. It’s funny. To me anyway.

(ep 2, think ep 1 is just talk and ep 2 is the beginning of the ridiculous games and stuff).
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Clogs wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:31 am How do I embed a video?
{youtube}put_the_video_id_here{/youtube} with square brackets.

eg {youtube}z2RI5rR-ZXU{/youtube}

Sades

Post by Sades »

I don’t know what it is about vids of Farriers at work but when they pop up I always end up going on a mini-binge. It’s so interesting.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I think farriers is just horses, from having watched the explanations in far too many hoof trimming videos. Cows and bulls have two digits and are trimmed to balance the wear and not **** their legs up, horses have one digit per hoof and need to be shod to not wear them faster than they regrow if they pull loads.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Denyer wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:47 pm I think farriers is just horses
Probably, I thought the same thing and did a quick Google to make sure I was using the word right and saw mention of farriers sometimes working on cows as well, but it’s probably an exception-type thing rather than the norm. I did like the one person who defined their role as “bovine pedicurist”. :laugh:
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Interesting stuff... TL;DR Hasbro's trying to retrospectively **** third parties by revoking ("de-authorising") a perpetual licence. And trying to revoke a licence that people have applied to content that contains no Hasbro IP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDuHjpwx5Q4

edit: After several stages of tantrum and denial, they seem to have climbed down --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUBinw9H2DA
Sades

Post by Sades »

The Youtube algorithm has determined today is a BTS kinda day. And who am I to argue?

Specifically-

Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Neat one because no messy or unusual materials, just an example of using superglue to make acrylic plastic shapes using a substrate for form;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCAwz0I4r9s
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Not a great field for Eurovision this year and Germany's sort of goth background music metal is pleasant enough but I'm not sure I'd pick any of them. I've put faint question marks next to Israel (nice vocals, trite lyrics), Croatia (comedy warmonger mocking), Greece (fairly sincere), Cyprus (more of the same), Ireland (saccharine togetherness), Norway (nice staging but lack of substance) and Latvia (lyrics that can be interpreted cynically with a power bit reminiscent of Wolf Alice in the second half -- "I'll try to say the right words at the right times" / "I think I don't believe in this stuff anymore" -- that doesn't quite pay off and is kind of a microcosm of the whole thing).

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... yvYx-0lToh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I9CYu668jA
Sades

Post by Sades »

Ah Eurovision. Another year of being sad Canada is not in Europe and that I cannot vote. :swirly:

That was my first impression too, but a few songs have grown on me with repeated listens. There's some good stuff here. I was just talking about Germany yesterday with Hound, I basically did a deep dive on the band and ended up listening to them all day. Love that stuff. I'd heard one of their Lady Gaga covers years ago too, it turns out.

Asides from that, I like France, Slovenia, Georgia, Austria, Greece, Netherlands, Poland (content meh, but I like the vibe), Denmark (similar reasons to Poland, it's also very catchy and quick), Moldova and Ireland (honestly it's a bit generic imo but it's pleasant and the obvious U2 inspo works).
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

The way points allocation is now split between the "panel of experts" and popular vote for each country means it's still rigged but in a slightly different way.

Yeah, some of the comments on the LotL entry recommended their other stuff. Listened to a bit of what turned out to be a fairly by-the-numbers "metal band + classical orchestra" concert, but will check out some of their more regular stuff at some point.

As has been the growing trend for the last 5-10 years, there's a disappointing lack of fun novelty acts.