[New RPG] Greetings

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Inaction Master

Greetings

Post by Inaction Master »

Hey there, Inaction Master here. I'd seen that you guys had this game going on and it looks like a bit of fun. I had talked with Aeroblade earlier about wanting in and what not, so, here I am.

I've a few ideas about characters to start with that, for all I could see, really hadn't been touched yet.

- Flywheels. I've always kind of had kind of a soft spot for a lot of the characters from the latter half of the original generation, Flywheels being one of 'em. I like his premise and wanted to play around with the origin of him being a subject in an experiment to create triple-changers - play it up with suffering from what seems like dementia due to the voices in his head, the voices of his two separate halves constantly arguing and bickering amongst themselves as they tear into his psyche.

- Tap-Out. Simply put, I'd thought it'd be kind of neat to play out his backstory in that he had been captured and forced into gladitorial pit fights against other 'Bots by the 'Cons. Originally I wanted to try a hand at Kick-Off, but considering I'm just starting out, I wasn't all that confident in my abilities to play him off as anything but a stereotypical brooding loner, so Tap-Out fit the bill well enough.

Anyway, those are my ideas, just had wanted to run them out there before committing to anything. Any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Welcome! Always great to see new players joining. :up:
- Flywheels. I've always kind of had kind of a soft spot for a lot of the characters from the latter half of the original generation, Flywheels being one of 'em. I like his premise and wanted to play around with the origin of him being a subject in an experiment to create triple-changers - play it up with suffering from what seems like dementia due to the voices in his head, the voices of his two separate halves constantly arguing and bickering amongst themselves as they tear into his psyche.
Like you I have a soft spot for the season 3 and up characters and coincidentally Flywheels is one of them too. What you have in mind for him makes sense. To me at least. If you go that route, it (if you want to) will automatically link you to Predacon, Scorponok and Tarantulas who are responsible for creating the multi formers.

What's also great about this idea is that it might be a prelude to the discovery of gestalt technology. :)

- Tap-Out. Simply put, I'd thought it'd be kind of neat to play out his backstory in that he had been captured and forced into gladitorial pit fights against other 'Bots by the 'Cons. Originally I wanted to try a hand at Kick-Off, but considering I'm just starting out, I wasn't all that confident in my abilities to play him off as anything but a stereotypical brooding loner, so Tap-Out fit the bill well enough.
I'm not too sure about this plan and I think Warcry can help you better with this one. Cons haven't been active that long as a group and to my knowledge, the only Autobot they had in captivity was Ultra Magnus. Anyway like I said, others can probably help you more with this. ;)

Only tip that I can give you is that you have to keep in mind that the RPG is in its very early stage of the Autobot vs Decepticon war and that not all technologies (like gestalts, targetmasters) have been created yet.

That's about it. If you haven't already, I would suggest reading this topic http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=51807
In a nutshell, it will tell you what has transpired most recently in the RPG.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Yes this was my thinking as well as far as the ideas for Tap-Out. I think we had some gladiatorial stuff near the beginning, but that was professional sporting, not anyone forced into it. If you want to go this route for him, it'll probably have to be delayed for later, once the cons are more established enough to have prisoners and the capacity to torment them for more than just information.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Had a thought - what about an underground gladiatorial-thing? There's all sorts of illegal stuff going in the background: gangs, criminal activity, slavery, all that what not. If you want to use that for a background, maybe instead of cons you could have it as a different shady group's had it going on instead, since there isn't much room for that as far as the Cons right now.
Inaction Master

Post by Inaction Master »

Ah, I see. Okay, I think I'll just put all that stuff about Tap-Out on hold for now. The stuff about Flywheels sounds good - I don't mind attaching myself to some other characters if it helps get me started, just adds to the background.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hi, new guy! :)

For Tap-Out: Aero and Springer are right that the Decepticons haven't been around long enough to be responsible for enslaving people and forcing them into deathmatches. However, the Decepticons as they're constituted now are less one single faction than they are dozens of small, disparate factions that have pulled together under Megatron's banner because they hate the Autobots. A lot of the smaller factions that joined up were active for a lot longer than Megatron himself has been, so they'd have had time to get up to all sorts of shenanigans. It's possible that one of those Decepticon sub-groups were responsible for traumatizing Tap-Out, rather than Megatron and his personal army.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Welcome to the madness, new guy :D
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I wouldn't call it madness. More controlled insanity. :lol:
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

A nuthouse! :p
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Alright, you said hello, now get back to your posts!

I think I'm waiting on almost every one of you to do something ;)