Latest DVD Purchases

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sunstreaker2

Latest DVD Purchases

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

We've got threads for Transformers, non-Transformers toys, and video games, but not for DVDs!

My most recent DVD acquisitions are the Riddick Trilogy set and a 3 pack of JCVD movies (Kickboxer, Replicant, and Universal Soldier). That should give an idea of the kind of movie I buy. :p
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

i've recently bought Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends Season 1 which I haven't seen since I was tiny...and its glorious! I've also picked up the '90s X-Men Cartoon (seasons 1, 2 and half of 3) as that has been remaindered so is cheap everywhere. Most recent film purchase was Captain America (with Chris Evans) which I enjoyed, but thought was a bit long...and wasn't fond of the weird technique used to film Evans when he was weedy. He just looked very far away all the time.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I've bought the Comic Strip Presents, about a month or so ago. It was the first DVD I've bought since... Uh... 2009ish?
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

The Muppet Show season 2
The Muppet Show season 3
The Cowboys
Natural Born Killers: The Director's Cut
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

My last purchase was Transformers Prime season 1.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Space Ghost Coast to Coast and Pee-Wee's Playhouse. Both complete series for about $15 each. Good, nostalgic, bizarre fun.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I bought the Voltron: New Defendors Trilogy movie and Monty Python: Do Not Adjust Your Set/At Last The 1948 Show.
Destruction is my specialty
relak
Protoform

Post by relak »

Skyquake87 wrote:i've recently bought Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends Season 1 which I haven't seen since I was tiny...and its glorious! I've also picked up the '90s X-Men Cartoon (seasons 1, 2 and half of 3) as that has been remaindered so is cheap everywhere. Most recent film purchase was Captain America (with Chris Evans) which I enjoyed, but thought was a bit long...and wasn't fond of the weird technique used to film Evans when he was weedy. He just looked very far away all the time.
Woa. where did you get Spiderman and his Amazing friends. Been looking for it for ages.

Anyway, my latest video purchases would be
- Batman Year One DVD
- Transformers Prime season 1 limited edition Blu-ray
- Final Destination 5 DVD (and with that, my FD collection is complete)
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Off Amazon.co.uk. The first season is £3 or something. At least , that's what I paid.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

At my local JB HIFI, I bought Sherlock Holmes 2: A Game Of Shadows, WWE Wrestlemania 28 and The Hunter.
Dinobot#1

Post by Dinobot#1 »

Beast wars season 1
Looking for Beast wars/ Beast machines pm me if you've got any.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I've been buying a lot of DVDs lately. Since Christmas I bought the 14 James Bond movies I didn't have. (I had the Connery and Craig ones) I bought G Gundam, 00 Gundam and Gundam SEED, Destiny. I got The Universe season 5, National Lampoon's European Vacation, Green Lantern Emerald Knights, Wanted, Stargate Universe Season 2 and a set with a few of the Fleischer Superman Cartoons.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Brought the 1990 Captain America film for a nostalgia kick, only to be cheesed off with the print blatantly being taken from an old VHS rental tape someone found down the back of a sofa somewhere covered in jam.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Got Battleship Potemkin and A Trip to the Moon on blu-ray last week.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

American Dad season 7 as well as the new Muppets movie on blu ray and the Muppets movies collection.
Ann.J
Protoform

back to my childhood days

Post by Ann.J »

just got smurfs and X-men first class. loved ummm. smurfs was cute as ever and xmen has always been one of my favourite cartoons. watched with my elder brother. it was just like old days:)
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I got the Director's Cut of Daredevil for £1.99
Honestly, its not that bad. Why does everyone hate it so much? Or is it just the cinematic one?
I like bears.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I dunno. I thought Daredevil was pretty good. Ben Affleck does look a bit dumpy in that costume, but other than that its good. Certainly better than MSJ's attempt at Ghost Rider.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Only seen the theatrical cut, but it was one of those movies where I instantly forgot everything that happened in it the second the credits started. Never found Gardner all that hot either so even my shallow side wasn't that entertained.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Thought it was lousy and unconvincing all round. Daredevil's gimp suit and the ugly, wooden principals didn't help (Garner does actually look like an Egyptian mummy). Plus side, Joe Quesada named as a paedophile.