[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: The Law's Delay (Protihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

"No." Road Hugger told Chopster. "Not yet. He's still alive. Stay with me, red."

The ex-Micromaster inspected the hole that Cryotek's tail left in Smolder. "Damn. It's not good. Lots of bleeding. We need to cauterize the wounds. Maybe your heat ray, Chopster? I've heard Minicons can heal by powerlinking. Can you?"

Slapdash's wide transmission reached him. Road Hugger scowled. "Imperials. Servo, a civilian Autobot just I.D.-ed the shuttle as Imperials. Tell Onslaught that, would you?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

Chopster groaned. Bulks had some funny misconceptions about Minicons, and he wasn't in the mood to explain just how rare a healing-factor Minicon actually was. Instead, he just transformed to gun mode and flew at Road Hugger's hands.

"Point and shoot," he said. "That's all the healing we can do."

Uptown

As the second shuttle touched down, the engineers on the ground spotted Slapdash. Several fighter jets dropped from the belly of the shuttle, streaking toward the Powermaster with their lasers firing.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Uptown

Slapdash pulled out his weapon from subspace and opened fire on the incoming with his electro magnetiser hoping to drain their power sources. He was halfway through his second volley when he ran out of ammunition.

"slag I knew I forgot something this morning."

Turning he started to run . Until a burst of fire clipped his shoulder and he span round and collapsed in a crumpled heap on the floor.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

Road Hugger nodded as Chopster leapt into his hand, chuckling drily at the groan. "Another myth? We Micros get our share of that, too." he said.

He aimed at the severed power lines on Smolder and shook his head. It's a mess. Road Hugger could supply the energon lost from his body, but that wouldn't do much good if he can't close the gaps. "Reddie, if you can hear me... this might hurt."

He pressed the trigger.
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Templar Heights

Brawl raised his arm quickly as he tried to block Cryotek’s attack. He managed to block it for the most part but the force of the attack was still enough to leave a large dent in Brawl’s armour and send him stumbling backwards a few steps.

Brawl wasn’t about to let an attack like that go unpunished and wanted nothing more than to punch Cryotek square in the jaw but that dragon arm still posed to much of threat for hand to hand.

Standing his ground Brawl raised his electron rifle and took aim at Cryotek’s left arm.

“That hurt? Too bad, this’ll hurt more.” Brawl replied to Cryotek before firing his electron rifle.

Seeing as how Cryotek appeared to be preoccupied with Brawl, Crack Shot used this opportunity to try to sneak around to a flanking position behind Cryotek.

“No I’ve lost visual on the shuttles; they looked like they were landing uptown.” He replied to Onslaught. “Wait, hold on.” Servo said quickly before cutting the com- link to Onslaught.

At that moment he received Slapdash’s and Road Hugger’s transmissions, the contents of both messages sent a chill of fear up Servo’s spine.

He quickly re opened the comm channel to Onslaught. “I have just received word that the shuttles are imperial and they're off loading troops.”
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Combaticon Warehouse

When Onslaught allowed his officer's message to play out loud, he felt the same creeping dread that Combaticon leader was experiencing.

----

Bridge, Steelhaven

Ratchet soon joined Cog in the bridge. A dead silence filled the room as they observed the details of the proximity alert on the main monitor.

"We have to consider the worse," Cog said. "The models don't match anything else we have on record..."

At that moment, Slapdash's frantic transmission came in loud and clear.

"Well, that confirms it - the Imperials," Ratchet gravely answered, his optics firmly fixed on the large screen. "And they're here in Protihex," he lowered his head. "Sigh, why now?"

"Judging by their make all signs point to the beginning stages of an invasion. Strategically, because of it's geography and lack of military infrastructure, Protihex would make the ideal...."

"No need to explain enemy tactics to me, I understand," Ratchet held his hand up to Cog's mouth plate. "Right now I more concerned how we're going to evacuate non-combatants from the area."

Ratchet tapped his audio receptor and opened a com channel.

----

Combaticon Warehouse

As anxiety continued to rise and swell within Cerebros's combustion chamber, Ratchet's transmission came in.

When the stand-in captain uttered the word "Imperial" confirming his anxiety, the headmaster, as Onslaught had done with Servo, allowed their conversation to continue out loud.

"....Do you have visual confirmation?" Cerebros queried.

"We do. 4 shuttles. Cog scanned them as they set off all our proximity alerts. I suspect they did it intentionally. I'll transmit the images to you."

When Cerebros received the images - four very rough schematics of the invading Imperial shuttles - he projected them for all present to see.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

Chopster was going to reply to Road Hugger, but Smolder's high-pitched shriek made talking impossible. Eventually the pain got to be too much for the larger Combaticon, though, and he slipped into unconsciousness.

"At least we managed to knock him out..."

Electron blasts burned armour plating from the dragon-neck that made up Cryotek's arm, but didn't do enough damage to cripple it entirely. More than anything else, the dragon looked vaguely annoyed that Brawl had the temerity to stand his ground against one of Cryotek's punches.

"A tough guy?" he asked as more electron bursts burnt away one armour plate after another. "Good. It'll make tearing your laser core out a lot more fun."

Cryotek's left arm, marred but still functional, shot forward. The jaws of his dragon-mode head opened, then snapped shut as he tried to disarm Brawl. Never having been one for subtlety, instead of attacking the weapon itself Cryotek simply tried to bite Brawl's hand clean off.

Uptown

As the last two shuttles settled down on the uneven ground, one of the jets pursuing Slapdash fell from the sky. But several others transformed to robot mode, landing close to him and aiming their guns in his direction menacingly. None of them fired, though.

"Don't move," the apparent leader of the group said.

Within a few seconds, it became obvious why they were waiting: Thunderwing was walking toward them from one of the newly-landed ships, his hand absentmindedly stroking the Matrix that hung from his neck.

"Tsk, tsk," the aristocrat said mockingly. "You Autobot peons don't even try to avoid capture these days, do you?"

Combaticon Warehouse

"Imperials," Onslaught muttered. Only years of training kept him from rattling off a string of expletives that would have made Swindle blush. "Good work, Servo. Deal with Cryotek, then report back and let me know what condition you're in. Onslaught out."

The Combaticon had to take a moment to collect himself before he could continue.

"If it's all the same to you," he told Cerebros, "I'll leave the warheads in your capable hands. I need to organize my troops to repel an invasion."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Uptown

Slapdash hung his head and looked sheepish.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

Road Hugger winced. "He's not going to be happy when he wakes up, Chopster..." the ex-Micromaster disconnected a fuel line and began transferring the fuel into Smolder's body to stabilize the other Combaticon.

"Servo, I know it's kind of a long shot but do you know any medical skills?" the ex-Micromaster asked.
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Templar Heights

Even after all the fire he had poured into it Brawl was shocked to see Cryotek’s dragon arm was able to move as though it hadn’t even been damaged at all. He was forced to let go of his electron rifle as the Dragon's mouth began to close around his rifle. It was do that or loose his hand- something he couldn't do without.

Even though he was without a weapon now, Brawl defiantly stood his ground.

It had only taken Crack Shot a few moments to get around behind Cryotek’ seemingly unnoticed. From where he was he could see and hear that Brawl’s shooting had stopped, But Cryotek hadn’t dropped dead yet meaning Brawl was undoubtedly in danger.

Revealing his position Crack Shot began shooting at Cryotek with his assault rifle.

Servo had picked up Road Hugger’s transmission, “Yes have some medical skills. But I am not a medic, I don’t know how much I can do.” He replied.

“I’ll be right over.” He said to Road Hugger guessing that’s was what the other combaticons next request would be.

He stepped out from his hiding spot, revolver in hand, when it appeared that Cryotek’s attention was elsewhere he began to run across the road to the building Road Hugger and Smolder were in.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Medbay, Steelhaven

"Gald Aero's a lightweight."

Stratus's voice was audible from the next room before he became visible, half carrying half draging a few stacked panels that he had prepared for Hoist. It was almost too much for him, and it was taking the small minicon significant effort and a couple of minutes before he managed to pull them over where the mechanic was working on his partner.

"Where's that Ratchet guy? Isn't this his field?" Stratus asked as he checked his stack of panels, just a hint of complaint in his tone.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

Cryotek tossed Brawl's gun a few hundred feet away, laughing scornfully. "You're pathetic," he told the Combaticon. "Barely even worth killing, although I'll be happy to oblige you anyway just because you've ruined my plans to escape from here undetected. In fact I think you've earned a slow, lingering--agh!"

The dragon fell to the ground as Crack Shot shot him in the back, leaving several steaming holes in his torso armour.

"Road Hugger, not to be a critic or anything, but shouldn't we be killing that dragon?" Chopster asked. "I appreciate what you're doing for Smolder, but really...if it comes down to helping him or avenging him, you and I both know he'd choose the vengeance and not look back."

Uptown

"Pathetic," Thunderwing muttered, annoyed that Slapdash wasn't even giving him a good fight. "Are you even worth interrogating, Autobot, or should I just kill you and be done with it?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

"Yes, Chopster, I know. I'm just waiting for- bingo!" Road Hugger began disconnecting himself from Smolder, and dashing towards the battle as soon as he saw Servo, pulling the technician into the safety of the building when he was close enough. "Take care of him, kid!" Road Hugger yelled. Still gripping Chopster, the Combaticon charged towards where Cryotek and Brawl were fighting. Nevermind that the dragon had fallen down. He was still a threat.

Road Hugger aimed Chopster at the fallen criminal, and fired at the tail ensemble in which he knew the spark extractor thingamagig was located. At the same time his Scrapmaker whirred to life, opening fire at Cryotek.

"Brawl, you allright?"
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Combaticon Warehouse

(OOC: EDIT - Last sentence of this section.)

"Yes, by all means," Cerebros answered Onslaught. "The transports I requested should be here by now. A crew will be by shortly to move these," he gestured to the warheads. "Have your prisoners ready, and, if it is possible, kept in stasis lock. At the moment, the current situation requires our undivided attention, and unless they're willing to cooperate with us, the quieter the prisoners are, the better."

Cerebros slowly started for the exit. "We'll do what we can to evacuate civilians and non-combatants - including Governor Groove. His office is my next stop," he said. "In the meantime, my Chief Mates - Ratchet and Cog - are also aware of the situation, so do not hesitate to contact them if you require reinforcements or aid."

Medbay, Steelhaven

Hoist was working over an exposed cydraulic along Aero Blade's lower leg, when Stratus returned with a tall stack of panels and placed them down near his station.

"My, that was quick. Though, you didn't have to carry those all by yourself," he said. "Fantastic work, by the way..."

Hoist selected one of the freshly cut panels that the minicon had prepared and looked it over. "Perfect. I was just finishing up on his lower leg."

He placed the part over the exposed bit of inner-workings that he was tending to, much like fitting a puzzle piece. "Ah, fits like a dream," he said.

As he skillfully guided a heated beam over the seam lines, he continued in his conversation with Stratus.

"Not lately. Ratchet hasn't been down to the medbay is several solar cycles," he told the minicon. "He's been helping Cog run the ship while the captain is off on the field. Fixit and the others are still about, though. Why do you ask?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Uptown

Slapdash looked up at Thunderwing

as long as I keep him occupied maybe Lube will get away. In the moments between getting shot and the arrival of the Imperials arriving he had ejected his partner and hopefully he'd slipped away unoticed

Slapdash staggered to his feet and moved slightly towards Thunderwing.

"Good Day Thunderwing you're looking well, spirited even. I guess you resolved that Ghost problem. How did you manage it Ghostbusters?"
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Templar Heights

“I’m fine… But he’s not.” Brawl replied to Road Hugger gesturing down at Cryotek.

When the shooting had stopped he stepped forward and kicked Cryotek hard in the side hoping to role him over onto his back sp he could see who he had been defeated by.

“For supposedly being so smart Cryotek; you’ve really made some bad calls today.” Brawl growled at the criminal.

Crack Shot had since walked up from behind Cryotek, with his gun still aimed at the criminal. “So what do we do with him now? Arrest him? kill him?” he asked Road Hugger and Brawl.

Over in the building with Smolder, Servo was appalled at the wounds that his fellow combaticon had sustained. It was because of wounds like this that he’d never signed up to be a medic.

He looked over Smolder, thankfully being technician meant he wasn’t completely useless when it came to doing field repairs on the wounded, a lot of the tools he used normally could be used in medical situations the only thing he lacked of course were pain killers, but considering Smolder was already unconscious it wouldn’t be a problem.

He quickly hooked a small energon pump that he had with him up to Smolder before setting to work patching up some of the damage. The repairs would be crude but they would hold until they could get him into a CR chamber.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

"He might be playing possum. Brawl, get that tail weapon away from him." Road Hugger told the other Combaticon, keeping Smolder pointed at the so-far prone form of Cryotek. "He so much as twitches, so much as breathes out one mist of ice, and we riddle him so full of bullets people will mistake him for swiss cheese."

Road Hugger turned to Crack Shot and shrugged, his expression turning dark. "If it were a normal situation, we'll arrest him and lug him back to base. But now? With Imperials inbound? Well, seeing what he did to our people I'd say we shoot him in the head and be done with it. No one's going to shed any tears for this spawn of a glitch, after all."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Medbay, Steelhaven

"It's my bot, I'm not gonna do any hack job on his parts," Stratus answered as Hoist began to install the replacement panels. As the Autobot asked him a return question about Ratchet, Stratus just shrugged. "He's a doc, where else would you expect to find him?"

Stratus took a moment to return to his original possition, the stretcher that Hoist had used to bring in Aero Blade. Back up on their level, it wasn't long before the minicon noticed Aero Blade's occasional cringe as he was being worked on. "Hey, did you give him anything for the pain?"

"Stratus..." Aero spoke immediately after, as though warning the minicon against speaking further.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

Cryotek yelped as the heat beam from Chopster burned into his tail, cutting through his protective coating of ice and burning a chunk of the tail off. But when Brawl kicked him, his dragon-head arm came back to life and started spraying ice at close range, at the Combaticon and all his nearby allies.

"You'll do nothing with me, except die at my hands, fools!" he bellowed pridefully.

Uptown

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Thunderwing told Slapdash dismissively. Truth be told, he wished he didn't remember that particular embarrassment.

He glared down at the Powermaster and asked, "Do you want to live?"

Combaticon Warehouse

Onslaught nodded. "Thank you, Cerebros. I appreciate any help you can give. And as much as I hate to admit it, that would include calling in the cavalry from Iacon. Assuming, of course, they can be bothered to come."

He was transmitting orders as he talked, and Combaticons like Tomahawk and Crankstart could be seen rushing out of the building to their battlestations.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Uptown

Slapdash shuffled his feet nervously.

"I do Lord Thunderwing."