Your Latest Non-TF Toy Acquisitions

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Re: Your Latest Non-TF Toy Acquisitions

Post by HeavyArms »

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 76211 Shuri's Sunbird & 76214 Black Panther: War on the Water - Bought from Big W while discounted.

Marvel Legends Knull & Venom King In Black 2-Pack, 20th Anniversary Iron Man, Proton/Plasma Cannon Iron Man - Indirectly shipped over from Singapore by a mate.

Dragon Stars Android 17 - From Amazon UK.

LEGO Jurassic World 76950 Triceratops Pick-up Truck Ambush - Bought from K-Mart.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

In Space Red Ranger vs. Astronema 2-pack, In Space Blue Ranger vs. Psycho Silver 2-pack, Mighty Morphin Yellow Ranger II vs. Scorpina and Marvel Legends MCU Moon Knight (Infinity Ultron BAF) - Bought from TK Maxx, some were on deep discount.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Non-specific Wolverine head to go on the Marvel Legends Old Man Logan body. Will get a photo when the other members of the low-key Avengers lineup I'm aiming at turn up.

Anyone know which of the many Wolvie ML figures this is originally from?

https://i.imgur.com/heBDYu8.jpg
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I think that head mold has been included with a few different Logans, but that specific one might be the one that came with the the brown-suit retro Wolverine. I've always wanted to do the same thing with my Old Man Logan but none of the five or so Wolverines I own came with the unmasked head. I look forward to seeing how yours looks!

I haven't gotten any Legends in a while, since Hasbro's anti-consumer practices made it incredibly frustrating to collect them, but my wife got me Sunspot for Christmas. Unexpected, but very nice!

Denyer

Post by Denyer »

That's it, ta. Similar unmasked head to the Infinite Series one but doesn't seem to be quite the same sculpt. I think it suits. Closer up at: https://imgur.com/a/PIkiXlF

https://i.imgur.com/zq9kuBY.jpg

The veterans part of that quick lineup's obviously leaning into Uncanny X-Men #268 with the grey Widow, and apparently that's the Infinite Series Cap (head sculpt isn't too bad for masked Steve). Ironheart's the first one I got with a factory error on the left leg so I've dialled back the gold so that it's less obvious, and Spider-Girl is the Anya Corazon head (body got the paint removed and used for something else) on a slightly cleaned up and repainted Silk body which is more in line with the height of the others.

https://i.imgur.com/hTJn4yl.jpg

I prefer the less fantastical Avengers, never particularly into Hulk, Thor, etc, but the generational approach to the team has always been quite appealing even if the odds of seeing that particular grouping are probably very unlikely.

Intend to paint or chrome the claws on Logan. There are some nice custom metal ones out there but adding in international shipping is a killer.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Picked up the entire Marvel Legends Doctor Strange : Multiverse Of Madness Rintrah BAF wave:
Astral Doctor Strange
Doctor Strange
Master Mordo
Wong
America Chavev
D'Spayre
Sleepwalker
Last edited by HeavyArms on Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Picked up the Marvel Legends Thor: Love And Thunder Korg BAF wave:
Thor (Armoured)
Mighty Thor
Ravager Thor
King Valkyrie
Star-Lord
Teen Groot
Gorr The God-Butcher
Last edited by HeavyArms on Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Picked up the Marvel Legends Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Attuma BAF:
Okoye
Nakia
Everett Ross
Hatut Zeraze (Comic)
Black Panther (Comic)
Namor
Last edited by HeavyArms on Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Despite misgivings about giving WotC/Hasbro money on D&D stuff after the shit they tried to pull with OGL the dicelings red dragon is admittedly pretty cool (the D20 came with the other D&D figure I got some time back, Diana because being in a barbarian costume she fits quite well with MOTU stuff.) And the Moira head is a bit oversized for the small 13th Doctor figure... I was wondering if it'd look anything like Osgood, which didn't quite pan out, but random cosplaying fan works too.

https://i.imgur.com/kssAlOi.jpeg
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Picked up the Marvel Legends Eternals Gilgamesh BAF wave:
Kingo
Sprite
Makkari
Phastos
Druig
Ikaris
Sersi

As well as two of the exclusive figures that relate to it:

Ajak
Thena
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

LEGO Icons 10302 Optimus Prime

Power Rangers Lightning Collection Zord Ascension Project Mighty Morphin Dino Megazord

Bought these for my birthday just past.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Marvel Legends Avengers Endgame Rescue & Captain Marvel 2-Pack - Bought from a seller on Facebook.

Marvel Legends Squirrel Girl - Bought from TK Maxx, which has been getting in some interesting deals lately.

Dragon Stars Goku (DBS: Superhero) - Bought from Big W, who appear to have picked up the line from EB Games.

Marvel Legends Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Ironheart Mark 2 - Picked up from EB Games.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

MOTU Classics Blast-Attak which I have already with a set of Snake-Men, but it's not particularly likely he'll get made in Origins and it was a decent price loose so -- given that he was always a favourite -- even though like most Origins figures Classics don't have action features I figured I'd get, to display with Super7 AM Bombshell (another upscaled retro figure with the gimmick substantially altered) separate to other stuff.

Despite not blasting apart he does come with a sculpted trigger cable. It doesn't actually connect to him, so you need to use poster putty if you want him to hold it and pose preparing to blow himself up. This is still entertaining.

Which apparently was borrowed in the original line from the Bravestarr Fort Kerium set -- https://battleramblog.com/blast-attak-e ... rior-1987/
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Dragon Stars Piccolo (DBS: Superhero) - Bought from Big W.

Star Wars: The Black Series Ben Kenobi (Tibidon Station) - Bought from Big W.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Dragon Stars Piccolo (DBS: Superhero) - Bought from Big W.

Star Wars: The Black Series Ben Kenobi (Tibidon Station) - Bought from Big W.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Dragon Stars Gamma 1 (Super Hero)
Dragon Stars Goku Super Saiyan Blue Version 2
Dragon Stars Vegeta Super Saiyan Blue (Version 2)
Dragon Stars Android 17
Dragon Stars Goku Super Saiyan 3
Dragon Stars Vegito

Some of these were bought in-store, some from Amazon.

Marvel Legends Wolverine 5-Pack (Shirtless Wolverrine, Calisto, Omega Red, Cyber, Jason Wyngarde) - Bought cheaply from Amazon Germany.
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

Lots of LEGO recently. People complain about the price of LEGO, but even the non-clearance kits I picked up were pretty cheap. I usually see 10 cents per piece as an average price, but these were all well under that.

31140 Magical Unicorn - The only one of these I've opened/built so far. 3 points of articulation in each front leg, 2 in the back, and a matching stand. Two alternate builds I'll never do. 145 pieces/US$10.

40523 Easter Rabbits Display - I got a bigger Easter Bunny last year. Now, he'll have minions. 288 pc/$13

11027 Creative Neon fun and 11028 Creative Pastel Fun - I'd been hoping for kits that focused on rarer colors instead of the red/blue/yellow I have plenty of, and I found some. I'd've preferred some tile/plate pieces thrown in with the bricks, but these are 2 steps in the right direction. 333 pc/$20 each

10698 Large Creative Brick Box - I already have this. But, 790 pieces clearanced to $20 was too good a deal to pass up.

11020 Build Together - 1601 pieces and a sorting box. This was originally $100, which was a good price. I'd been putting off buying it in case the LEGO store ever had a "free gift with purchase" I wanted. Yesterday, I found it at Walmart clearanced to $69. Nice.
Last edited by Tantrum on Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Masterverse Masters Of The Universe: Revelations Skelegod - Bought on clearance from Big W.

Star Wars: The Black Series Darth Vader (Obi-Wan Kenobi) - Bought from a eBay seller locally.
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

LEGO 31134 Space Shuttle - This is one of those rare Creator sets in which I actually like one of the alternate builds, an astronaut. I planned to build the space shuttle just to see how it looked, then take it apart and build the astronaut. I did, and found that I liked the shuttle more than I thought I would, and the astronaut less.

It's not that the astronaut is bad. It's just that other than the facemask, it doesn't make particularly great use of the parts in the kit. So, I should be able to build an equally good astronaut out of parts I have, then rebuild the shuttle as it came.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Been listening to Call of Cthulhu live play and wondering why there aren't more mummy action figures / collectibles that aren't Karloff-based. There's a NECA Bride of Frankenstein that looks interesting due later in the year, but in the meantime decided to improvise something. 20cm Shudehill distributed sarcophagus (not planning to glue the detached postiche back on, although some female pharaohs did use the iconography) plus Jada version of the Bride (a bit too busty but the base figure works okay -- moved the Playmobil axes up a bit after that photo) an Origins Sorceress head as a bird-themed death mask, so that's sort of Isis-Ma'at representative.

Deliberately dark and grainy photo;

https://i.imgur.com/2aV2yUg.jpg