SIGHTINGS AND DEALS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

If you're quick and have an Asda near you (or Asda Home), they're clearing out all Combiner Wars toys. I picked up the Combaticon limbs for £12 each a couple of weeks back, but they've dropped the prices again on Deluxes to £6, although there was only a solitary Blades at my local.
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

sightings page

Post by Scotimus Prime »

How come there isn't a sightings page on the Transformers Toy section? most forums/websites have one, why not you?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I'd imagine it has most to do with the fact most members aren't American or have a low opinion of current official lines, but the uniformly shit retail distribution of Transformers these days -- even in the US -- means that people either buy online or miss out.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Fairly sure there is a sightings/deals thread knocking about somewhere in the toy forum. Probably dropped off the radar due to lack of use.

I dare say if you wanted to start one nobody would object...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I suppose it's worth a try, but the regular posters here are pretty widely distributed geographically. Some of the Brits live relatively close to one another I think, but for most of us, if we posted sightings it wouldn't do any good because nobody else in our area reads the boards. Like, there'd be no point in me posting sightings because the next-closest posters live 500+ miles away.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Here's my sigthings!!!!

The Entertainer - lots of CW Scattershots and Onslaughts, Prowls and Sunstreakers, plus Warpath by the fist full. One TR figure spotted in the whizzy Leeds branch whilst passing through. Mixed assortment of RID stuff - mostly Mini-cons and Legion Class.

TRU - AoE stuff by the skipful. FoC Data disks, Generations Voyager Roadbuster (x6), RID Warrior class toys (mostly that rubbish looking Optimus and Bumblebee), AoE Legion Class Strafe all you can eat, Legion Optimus and Bumblebee (not movie, but on similar cards), CW Sunstreaker and Prowl, CW Voyager Hotspot and Cyclonus. TR Stripes and Rewind. Lots of those massive Leader-Class RID One Step changers or whatever they are. Loads of Hero Mashers. Seriously loads. Fills half the peg space.

Asda - Where all the interesting RID Warrior Class toys are - Quillfire, Scorponok etc. Legion RID toys and recently the CW Combaticon limbs on clearance.

Sainsburys - RID Legion class.

Smyths - RID One Steps, Legions, AoE Legion class Strafe, AoE Deluxe. CW Megatron. Hero Mashers

Toyland - RID Warrior class toys, RID Legion Class.

Morrisons - Nothing. Gave up with Transformers last summer, selling all the RID Warrior toys they had at less than half price.

B&M - AoE deluxes, those punch gimmick ones and those 12" non-transforming things.

Wilkos - AoE Legion Strafe.

Big Discount - AoE deluxes, AoE Legion Strafe

And that is what is near me. woo
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

You did that from memory?

I've seen TR stuff in Smyths in the Midlands (and in Leeds) and TRU has a bit of it listed on their website, but nothing on TRU shelves.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Yep. Although its not hard, the shelves have been pretty much like this for about a year and half now. Smyths in Leeds (not been to the Kirkstall one - too far out of the city centre to make a bus ride worth the effort) did have TR stuff, but it had been scalped when I went.

AoE Legion Strafe, man. Does he ship in a box on his own? EVERYWHERE has him.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Also, I am blind.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

Well...here's what's near me(in Scotland)

Smyth's have TR Soundwave, Blaster, PMOP, Sentinel Prime, Galvatron, Alpha Trion, Astrotrain, Hardhead, Blurr, Scourge & Skullsmasher. they also have RID Warrior Class Scorponok & Windblade

The Entertainer(Glasgow) have only one Highbrow the last time i was in there, but previously i did spot other Wave 2 deluxes.....Wolfwire & Chromedome(other people have spotted the full wave 2's in an Entertainer near them(well..not quite! i don't think Brainstorm's been spotted yet?...as sold individually)...of which includes Mindwipe)

Hamleys(Glasgow) have the full CW deluxe Combaticons in(Asda had those, but dunno if they still have them? i believe that Sainsbury"s still probably have Onslaught in?)

A1 Toys(Glasgow) have the SDCC TR Fort Max as well as that SDCC 3 pack(Sentinel, Windblade & Brainstorm) they also have CW wave 6 deluxes in(imports!....Smokescreen, Trailbreaker, Wheeljack & Hound)

TRU...just the wave 1 TR deluxes! but they do have both the wave 1 & 2 Titan Masters in now(i believe that Wave 2 was first spotted in Asda?) they also have RID Warrior Class Windblade, Scorponok & Paralon(TRU exclusive).

Tesco now have the wave 1 Titan Masters & Wave 1 Deluxe TR's in, they also have RID Warrior Windblade & Scorponok(on those cardboard displays positioned at the end of one of the isles)

also spotted....in some rather obscure stores....is CW Legends Blackjack(in a retail warehouse store limited to Irvine called XS Stock! buuutt...someone also spotted Blackjack in a TK MAXX, now...dunno if this is foreshadowing the possability that we may finally be getting CW Wave 2 in? even in those obscure stores, although originally the consensus was that B&M might've got those in! since they got the thrilling 30 Generations Voyager Class figures in!btw we still never got Soundblaster out of that line!).
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Don't think this is "sticky" material really, but have re-purposed one or two older threads.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Fairly sure there is a sightings/deals thread knocking about somewhere in the toy forum. Probably dropped off the radar due to lack of use.
See, I knew there was a thing.
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

Update on Blackjack sightings, looks like he's part of a Legends revision case
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-09-23-15-56-13-1.png
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

My local TRU now has the wave one TR Deluxes and the Leader Class Soundwave and Blaster figures. Which don't look as good as I thought they would.
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

Spotted this on TFW
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-10-12-13-06-14-1.png
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

They have Blaster up on their website(TK Maxx)
http://www.tkmaxx.com/vehicles+action-t ... t/45200599
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

TK MAXX have Blaster on their website now
http://www.tkmaxx.com/vehicles+action-t ... t/45200599

btw some people have spotted PMOP in store there too
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Gone now. Next time I'm near one, plan on taking a look though.
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

TK MAXX have been delivering the goods of late
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-10-14-15-19-42.jpg
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

TK MAXX keep on delivering the goods
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-10-14-15-19-42.jpg