POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Re: POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Mastermind Creations Medicus arrived yesterday and I'm 100% sold on an all in one combiner for defensor.
It doesn't sacrifice any poseability to incorporate the gimmick, in fact it out classes some of its peers in that regarding. It's show accurate in both modes as much as it can be and some hoe manages to match alt-mode size with vehicle mate ironhide/ratchet despite being a notably shorter robot. Unlike 95% of masterpiece toys, First Aid is actually a delight to transform and I've absent mindly flipped him through all 3 modes several times.

Also received Kingdom Skywarp this weekend. Fun retool of Airazor. 'murica birb indeed.
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

Clay wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:45 amOh yeah, they go in Soundwave's chest just fine. Getting them out is another matter.
It wasn't too hard getting them out. I'm more worried about pushing the button and pulling doing something to wear out Soundwave's chest mechanism, though. So, Ravage will remain the primary resident.

I did manage to get Doubledealer out from the back of the shelf without disturbing the other triple-changers. I spent several minutes remembering how to transform him, trying to see if I could fiure out how to make Knox and Skar interact with/store on him. The, I remembered that his bot mode, which is what he started in, has flat shoulders that are just big enough for the little dudes to stand on.

So, I now have Knox on the right shoulder and Skar on the left, with each shoulder displaying the appropriate faction symbol. They're the angel and devil on Doubledealer's shoulders, offering him conflicting advice.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Cyberverse Dinobots Unite Deluxe Dinobot Slug - Bought from Big W, probably spent a bit too much on him really.
Shebakoby
Protoform
Custom Title: From the Before Times

Post by Shebakoby »

Got myself Kingdom Tigatron the other day (cuz I already got Airazor so why not lol). Looks decent.
Beware of Troy McClure!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Shebakoby wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:15 am Got myself Kingdom Tigatron the other day (cuz I already got Airazor so why not lol). Looks decent.
Yeah, the yellow/dirty fur looks much better in person, I think.

As for myself, I have made poor financial decisions and bought all three Earth Rise Coneheads off ebay. I'm disappointed in myself, disappointed in the secondary market, and disappointed in Hasbro. I am reasonably pleased with the Coneheads themselves, though not at the level I should be considering what I paid for them.

I also found a Kingdom Blaster. His head seems small, but he's otherwise very good for what he is, which is a box. He at least comes with one little friend packaged with him, unlike Soundwave.

(it's also kind of neat to see Soundwave and Blaster in the stores at the same time, even though they're very different styles.)
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Vintage Beast Wars Optimus Primal - Picked up from Big W, bought this to replace the original I used to have.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Bracing myself for the cost of living to go through the roof from April (just had details of my supplier's electricity charges from April k/wh going up by 10p and standing charges a fraction over double what they used to be), I've been scouting around to hoover up the last few bits and bobs from Kingdom I wanted, before I'm forced to be a bit more choosy.

Generations Selects Artfire w/ Nightstick
I have the MP version, which I've been thinking of moving on, and this'll scale nicely with TFC Stepper/ Ricochet, so with a few quid off at ID Toys, I was happy to pick him up. Inferno was probably my favourite Transformer toy of 2021. It's such a banger. Artfire makes me realise that, as good as Inferno is, he's quite boring to look at without the pop of chrome and stickers the old '80s (and '90s G2 version) had. The colours are still that weird clashy thing that Japan seems to have going on for liveries, but it really gives some additional life to the figure. I like the inclusion of a Battle Master (as it should be) and even the blast effects (I don't really care for blast effects).

Kingdom Blaster w/ Eject
I've been waiting for a version of Blaster that scales to Soundwave for what feels like 16 years. Because it is 16 years (blimey!) since I first had a go on the original Blaster toy in the TFC line. So hooray for Kingdom Blaster! He's really great and annoyingly way better than the slightly podgy and derpy Siege/ Netflix Soundwave toy. He's all boxes, but is surprisingly dynamic and looks awesome in a pose or twenty. Transformation is nice, if a bit flappy, hear and there and the stereo mode looks like something straight out of Wyld Style. Love it. Eject is also brilliant, transforming into an actual cassette, so trumping the Siege Decepticon 'tapes' which all just turned into a shape. I'm super pleased with Blaster and his plastics are all nice and solid too.

Generations Selects Legacy Lift Ticket
A freebie to me, as I'd racked up enough ID points. The original Hoist and Trailbreaker toys are still to this day some of my favourite Transformers toys of all time. I'd passed up the Earthrise versions, because they looked a bit rubbish to me. Nice robot modes, but the vehicles looked like crap. This figure has done nothing to change my opinion of the mould. The robot mode is really, really nice overall. I don't care for the shooty thing you clamp over his fist, but I get that we're long beyond the days of interchangeable wrist tools, so this has to do. It all falls down with the transformation and alt mode though. As good as Hasbro have made a lot of the Siege trilogy toys, some of them like this dude, just feel a bit unfinished and like they got to a 'this'll do' stage in the design process. Here. it's having a pair of arms waving out from behind the front wheels ...whilst leaving a massive space under the bonnet where these could have pretzeled up a la Jazz/ Prowl. That and the too thin wheels are a bit too much for me to get over. I love the chunk and bounce of the originals (and even the T30 ones, even though they were piddly) and this doesn't come close. I do like, however, that it's a Diaclone homage and I'd happily buy it again if it came out in the other funny colours.

Kingdom Rhinox
I'll put this under 'he's alright'. The sculpt and overall look is good and he looks like the powerhouse he should be, but the transformation's a bit over-egged when this really didn't need to do anything particularly different to the T30 version. Honestly, if Hasbro had just put that earlier toy out with a few more blobs of paint and slapped the Kingdom logo on it, I'd have bought it. The legs from robot to beast are just ridiculous and frustrating, as if they've been made this way just to make it a bit different to the T30 toy. All the fiddling and faff just make me think how good the earlier update was, which I don't think was quite the intention. Guns are rubbish too. They look more like fans.

Studio Series Perceptor
I like Perceptor. Original toy was great. The Titans Return figure was great. And the Studio Series version is great. There's nothing new or exciting here. He does all the same things the previous two versions do (well, except the Titan Master thing). Just a bit more 'cartoon accurate' so has a more powder blue than the darker almost turquoise shade of the earlier versions. He's a good solid figure and thankfully bins the chinnyness of some of the other Autobots in the SS86 line (Blurr and Kup look so ugly as they're full of chin).

Kingdom Scorponok
One of those toys no-one wanted, but now there's a bloody third party upgrade kit or five out there, suddenly everyone wants one. Might just be me, but I never understood the point of throwing good money after bad to try and 'put right' a figure, that's, let's be honest, probably still isn't going to look much good even with a bit of tarting up. Firstly, the positives - I like the look and how bright and colourful Scorponok is. The show accuracy is nice and I love the glum, jowly look of the head sculpt. The claws have the missiles and Cyber Bee (both non-firing) which is cool and I think he's a reasonable take on the guy. The transformation left me going 'is that it?'. Viewed from the top and three quarters on, he looks pretty decent, but the back and underside are just awful. I understand why the tail is hollow now (you shove one of the robot legs in the cavity), but he just feels a bit too compromised for the sake of keeping him in scale with the other Predacon mooks. The original toy was so good and easily outshines this version even now. As the reissue deftly shows. Or at least it would do if it didn't cost the same as the Ultra Class reissues of Primal and Megatron.

Studio Series 86 Sweep
If I get another two of these, they'll be called Sooty and Sue to go with Sweep (UK kids TV reference for you there, you lucky people). I'd been umming and ahhing about picking one of these up. £35 is a lot for an army builder. It would have been nice to get these in a two pack at a discount via Hasbro Pulse or something, like they're doing with the Marvel Legends A.I.M. troopers and I think some G.I. Joe Cobra goons. What made my mind up was that were only two left on the shelves at Smyths and given how, with UK toy retail, it's blink and you'll miss it, I picked him up. Starscream and his executive chair will have to wait for another day (This line really is light on Decepticons...). Having got him out the box, I actually like him a lot more than Scourge. The brighter blue is much more pleasing on the eye and this one seems to fit together in alt mode much better than my version of Scourge. So for something I was just picking up to avoid FOMO, I'm actually really pleased with him. Hooray!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Skyquake87 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:58 pm Generations Selects Artfire w/ Nightstick
I have the MP version, which I've been thinking of moving on, and this'll scale nicely with TFC Stepper/ Ricochet, so with a few quid off at ID Toys, I was happy to pick him up.
I don't have any version of the MP Inferno mold, and Artfire seems weird enough. If you do decide to sell him, holler and let me know and I might go for it.

What's TFC Stepper/Ricochet?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I assume the TF Collection reissue: https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Ricochet_(Headm ... Collection

@Skyquake, if for some reason you want the TR Scourge mould to army build I think I've got a few of them at the bottom of a storage tub (and if they'll fit into a post box).
Generations Selects Artfire w/ Nightstick
Yeah, since Kapow had them marked down to essentially normal voyager and there's an add-on I bit too. Got a lot of internet nostalgia for the late era Japanese redecoes and having the two 'Earth' targetmasters (even if the Stepper/Ricochet is the POTP Jazz mould -- it's futuristic-y in a crap sort of way so it fits) is a nice little mini-ensemble. I like the idea that late arrivers on Earth got standard designs or chose them to honour Autobot heroes. The Nightstick is from the KFC Cyc IIRC which is a bizarrely cartoon oriented 3P toy to come with a TM.

I got Grapple (no affinity for the characterisation but engineer) as last in-person acquisition before the first lockdown and skipped Inferno as I've got others, and it really is a very nice understated mould. Not wild enough about it to get 3P fillers like with Warpath, who scores particularly highly on nostalgia, but it's also a loving homage to the original and represents a point at which they'd sort of figured out making figures ridiculously light but without feeling like total shit in-hand.

https://i.imgur.com/KCe8PVc.jpeg
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Kingdom Tigatron & SS Sideswipe (ROTF) - Ordered from Amazon AU since they appear to have missed retail.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Clay wrote:
Skyquake87 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:58 pm Generations Selects Artfire w/ Nightstick
I have the MP version, which I've been thinking of moving on, and this'll scale nicely with TFC Stepper/ Ricochet, so with a few quid off at ID Toys, I was happy to pick him up.
I don't have any version of the MP Inferno mold, and Artfire seems weird enough. If you do decide to sell him, holler and let me know and I might go for it.
Well, never mind. I just bought an MP Artfire from ebay, :o
Shebakoby
Protoform
Custom Title: From the Before Times

Post by Shebakoby »

got myself the studio series tiny Shockwave and tiny Ravage (Bumblebee movie versions). I rather like them. Since I lack a proper Shockwave that can Transform (I have a Legends of Cybertron PVC G1 Shockwave), it was a nice addition to my collection.
Beware of Troy McClure!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I got a Golden Disk Mutant Tigatron today. This was actually attempt #2, after the first one Amazon sent got destroyed in transit. I didn't bother ordering another at the time because the price had been hiked, but after it crashed back down to below a Deluxe's MSRP I figured I'd give it another try. This one actually arrived, and it's...fine? I dunno. It's a good toy and I've always adored the prototype Tigatron that it's based on, but it just doesn't do it for me. I think it's the colours. I wish the orange was a bit brighter and the green was a bit darker to create a sharper contrast, and I really wish there was some paint on the all-green beast face other than the eyeballs. It's a cool addition to the collection and I'm shocked that it's taken this long to get an orange tiger Transformer in the BW style. But it doesn't excite me very much.

Most people who own them both tell me that they like the bigger Kingdom cat mold a lot more than the small one. But at the end of the day I think Shadow Panther pulled off the "retro repaint with the mutant head" thing a lot better than Tigatron here.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

“So there I was, as the gigantic Ick-Yak came romping and stomping-“

“Yeah, we heard that one already. Ya got any othas?” Rattrap looked up at the battered blue/teal Autobot.

“Do not interrupt the ancient one, Vermin. He is full of knowledge.”

“Did I tell you about Chaos?”

Rattrap nodded. “Ran from big green dragon thing, went back who knows how many years later an’ let th’ prisoners ya left behind- Ya know, I been wonderin’ about that. Wasn’t they organic?”

“Er-“

Rattrap held up a finger. “An’ who’s older, you or Ironhide? I been wonderin’ about that, too.”

“Uh-“

“Wasn’t you a headmaster, titanmaster, targetmaster, whateva as well?”

Bumblebee walked up as Kup started to twitch, and looked up at Dinobot. “What happened?”

Dinobot snorted. “The Vermin decided to listen to the stories of Kup…..” His optics widened as he stared down at Bumblebee. “BY THE PIT, what happened to you?”

Bumblebee shrugged. “Hasbro decided to do my original version as a Target exclusive. I didn’t think they’d shrink me, though.”

Buzzworthy Bumblebee Origins Bumblebee and Kup:. After going to - and enjoying and telling you all reading this to go see it - The Batman, I went to Target. And while their Transformers section was, as usual, mostly empty, I think it’s the first time I’ve seen any Buzzworthy stuff in the wild. And while I’ve been wanting to get the Origins Bumblebee, stumbling across Kup was a bit of a surprise. I really like Bumblebee, although they could have put little wheels on him. I mean, if you’re going to go to the trouble of making a Bumblebee that looks like his first cartoon appearance, they seem to have forgotten that we know he’s got tires. As for Kup….. it does work, I’m liking the way the vehicle mode looks even more than the Titans Return version(which I thought looked great), but the robot mode…. I dunno. The shoulders are a little weird. Although I got a great laugh out of transforming him back to robot mode and having his arms disconnect partway through.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Clay wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:41 am
Clay wrote:
Well, never mind. I just bought an MP Artfire from ebay, :o
Sorry Clay - missed this! Glad you got one. Most of my spare time is taken up with mum stuff (she's been in hospital since November with God knows what, no-one can settle on a diagnosis and she's not helping either, veering between lucid and able to move about to 'bouts of utter confusion to suddenly saying she can't do anything and ending up in a state of self-inflicted 'paralysis'...), so I just dip in and out of here when I can :swirly:

@Denyer - thanks for the offer. I've decided just to stick with one Sweep for now. I was going to say two of the same mold is plenty, but then remembered all the versions of Siege Sideswipe I have... :laugh:
Clay

Post by Clay »

Skyquake87 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:10 pm
Sorry Clay - missed this! Glad you got one. Most of my spare time is taken up with mum stuff (she's been in hospital since November with God knows what, no-one can settle on a diagnosis and she's not helping either, veering between lucid and able to move about to 'bouts of utter confusion to suddenly saying she can't do anything and ending up in a state of self-inflicted 'paralysis'...), so I just dip in and out of here when I can :swirly:
Ah, no worries! I wanted to get myself a birthday present, and reckoned the postage for a large-ish figure from the UK would have ended up uneconomical anyway even if the figure itself was a good price. Currently have this exact situation with a Maketoys G2 Screamer listing on ebay. Price is good, but the shipping kills it.

MP Artfire got here Saturday, though! The ladder trick is absurdly neat. I also like the colors since they complement Sideswipe, Road Rage, and various other red/white/black figures in my growing mish-mash of weird MP recolors.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I finally got Earthrise Scorponok and all it cost me was 2 years, $200, the life of a beloved cat, and a piece of my soul. I hope it's worth it.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

And now, The Ark Players present….. Bad Comedy.

Rattrap tripped onto the stage, the whole Shakespearean outfit he’d been forced to put on tangling his legs and feet. “WAAHH!!!” He crashed to the stage, his doublet ripping in half. “WHY TH’ SLAG DO I GOTTA WEAR THIS STUPID SLAGGIN’ OUTFIT?!?!?!?”

Dinobot stalked out on the stage after him, his Shakespearean outfit shredded by the simple act of putting it on. “Because we are in a play. I believe we are to play the parts of Rozenkrantz and Guildenstern.”

Rattrap lurched to his feet. “Which one’a us is which?”

“HOW SHOULD I KNOW?!?!?” Dinobot snarled. “Now be QUIET! We are merely bit players.”

“Keep it up, Choppaface, an’ yer really gonna get bit.”

The curtains swished grandly open, revealing a massive purple throne, with a grey, red, and blue Seeker with odd looking shoulder pads, a gold and red crown upon his head.

Starscream: “Megatron is finally dead. Who’d have though the old fool would have so much energon in him. But heavy sits the crown upon my head….. FINALLY!!! I AM THE LEADER OF THE DECEPTICONS!!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA-Huh?”

A green and purple tank rolls onto the stage, transforming to robot mode, a huge cannon mounted on his right shoulder.

Megatron: “Coronation, Starscr…… Wait a minute. Isn’t this supposed to be the coronation scene?”

Starscream: -shrugs- “Same reason you’re not Galvatron. Budget.”

Studio Series ‘86 The Transformers The Movie Coronation Starscream:. Having missed out on the Earthrise Seeker mold - mainly because of the reviews - I figured if I found the Coronation version, I’d get that. I do have to admit, he’s cool. I do have a few complaints, though. He doesn’t really fit on the throne, mainly because of the wings. Would it have killed them to design cutouts for the wings to slot into?
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Golden Disk Autobot Puffer, Autobot Road Ranger, Autobot Jackpot, Autobot Sights, Mutant Tigatron, Terrorsaur.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

June 2021 was the last time I posted in this forum section. Glad to see it's still alive and doing well! :wave: I've been on a major drift away from the fandom, though I do enjoy seeing other's posts about new stuff. My heart really hasn't been into collecting for various reasons - I still like Transformers, just not as much as before. But we just recently went to Universal Studios down in Orlando, and I was tempted by the Tyrannocon set at the Jurassic Park store. Ultimately I passed because of the price. Many months ago though, I picked up Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime, which I adore. Great figure, great accessories, all that stuff. Not much interest since, and I sold off a bunch of my collection. What was 3+ shelves plus storage has now been trimmed to 2 shelves (single shelves, not a whole shelf stand). A couple weeks back I came across SS86 Coronation Starscream in Walmart and had to bite. Already have ER Starscream, but I am a sucker for nice hands and accessories. Good figure, and I like the stuff he came with. WFC Megs is on the throne though. I put ER Starscream into jet mode, and might get a stand for it. I don't think it will bring me back full force into collecting again, but it's nice to make a pick up every so often. Maybe the new Kickback. Who knows?