New Voyager Class TRU Exclusives- Movie Inferno and Mudflap | OUT now

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
secretcode

New Voyager Class TRU Exclusives- Movie Inferno and Mudflap | OUT now

Post by secretcode »

Inferno is based on Armada Red Alert who is influenced by the original Ratchet designs for the Movie, Mudflap is Cybertron Mudflap who oddly enough looks like Erector.

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=12813

Images are WAY too big to mirror here. So I'll just post the info given:

Exclusive TRU Movie Voyager Class figures

This assortment of 2 Voyager-scale TRANSFORERS action figures will be available in late May early June.

INFERNO - INFERNO’s name and deco are taken from the G1 character of the same name and Movie RATCHET’s red and white pre-production color scheme. G1 Micromaster Tote—a red and gray van—was another influence in initial color selection.

MUDFLAP - This MUDFLAP concept began with the name SAWTOOTH and an abandoned redeco color scheme from the TRANSFORMERS: CYBERTRON line. The name was unfortunately unavailable, and the concept colors weren’t convincingly realistic for a modern construction vehicle. Although a DECEPTICON, the inspiration for his construction-yellow and bone-white colors came from the G1 Micromaster AUTOBOT crane Erector.

I like these, but the closest TRU is about an hour and a half away. Plus, I'm surprised that there are still new Movie Toys coming despite Animated's June release.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I like Cybertron Mudflap much better. The yellow is too garish in my opinion, though my son may like it as it looks more like an actual construction vehicle.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Wow. Inferno is ok, bit bland, but Mudflap has an unbelievable colour scheme. That is ridiculously bright! If that sells there are a lot of idiots out there!
Civ

Post by Civ »

Hmmm...not feeling it for Inferno but Mudflap looks good to me; however, he doesn't remind me of Erector, I think I'll get him and use him as Classics Grapple.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I'm not digging either one. I liked the G1 Inferno/Grapple, but that model doesn't do it for me. Mudflap is OK, but I don't like the giant appendages coming off the arms.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

That Armada Red Alert mold is great, but that color scheme makes it look a little mushy. Too much solid red, I think.
I actually like the Mudflap mold a lot (except for the massive crane arm), and I kind of like that glaring yellow. I'd wait till it's on clearance, though.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Armada Red Alert and Cybertron Mudflap molds eh? Not bad color schemes on either of them. They're even kind enough to give him(Inferno/Red Alert) his Mini-con!:D As for Mudflap, while closer to a real mobile crane's colors, that yellow is rather bright...:eek: It disturbingly reminds me of my knock off Devastator set's colors. *glances at it as yet another piece breaks off without even touching it*:nonono: I think I liked Mudflap's original colors better, though. I don't think I'll rush over to TrU for these.

Btw, Maju Garzett, nice Kirby(I think) avatar.:)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

It's Kirberg. When Kirby meets Zoidberg.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
numbat

Post by numbat »

Maju Garzett wrote:It's Kirberg. When Kirby meets Zoidberg.
I'm well in to it.

:up:

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

two of my favourite characters.

kirby and zoidberg that is not inferno and mudflap although these figures arnt to bad
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Inferno should have been called Fireball. Then they could have put them in a double-pack and made the most obscure Simpsons reference to yet make a mainstream toyline (excepting, of course, the Simpsons line with its' "Hey, that guy was in a frame once, let's make six of him" Takara-esque attitude).
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
KValentine
Protoform

Post by KValentine »

Just picked up both at San Jose TRU today.
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

Saw both at my TRU today, and yeah I will pass on both of them. Inferno color scheme just looks ugly to me, and mudflap is just to bright and I didnt like the cybertron robot mode anyway, so I will pass. Cant wait for the wal-mart exclusives to come out.