Eminem.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

Eminem.

Post by Sades »

I've just finished watching a show on the TV about him.

... Is it just me, or is he, like... always pissed off? ****ing insane, he whines about fame, then puts another freaking album out...

And is anyone else as sick of that "Without Me" song as I am?!

[/end minirant]
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

If you got rid of the period in the title id finish off the sentence with "needs to die."
Grimlock

Re: Eminem.

Post by Grimlock »

Originally posted by saysadie
And is anyone else as sick of that "Without Me" song as I am?!

Without Me has come and gone here in Aus and "Cleaning Out My Closet" is currently doing well on the charts. I love "Lose Yourself" though, I like the lyrics. Aw man that's freaky, as I'm typing this the ad for his album and the 8 mile soundtrack come on. Anyway, yeah I don't mind him too much.
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I hate him. He's a sh*tty "musician" (rap ain't music kiddies) and an even sh*ttier person.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
I hate him. He's a sh*tty "musician" (rap ain't music kiddies) and an even sh*ttier person.

Lucky him he can actually sing and act too.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

(rap ain't music kiddies)

It's vulgur poetry with bass and beats. :p
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
It's vulgur poetry with bass and beats. :p

Ah, and of course "sampling." :rolleyes: Yeah, real creative, true artists...
Zombie Dave
Protoform

Post by Zombie Dave »

You shouldn't knock all rap on the basis of some samey stuff by eminem.

I'm not raps biggest fan, but there are several lesser know bands that have released some rap singles that I consider bloody great. A lot of the good uk stuff that I like has a lot of... I guess jazz. So it's over simplifying to call it just bass and beats.

The backing music is often repetative, but if it have a nice, catchy little hook I don't think it matters. There's usually distinct little sounds that fade in and out anyway, so it does change a little. It rolls over and over, but that tends to bring out the lyrics more. Which is more what hip hop is about imo.
godzilla
Protoform

Post by godzilla »

You shouldn't knock all rap on the basis of some samey stuff by eminem
Thats right you should however knock all rap because it's pure crap.
TURBO CHARGER

Post by TURBO CHARGER »

Im really sick of eminems crap, its all repetitive ****ty songs. Sampling is so ****in unoriginal. They need to stop ****in up the good songs by pulling stuff out them.

ATTENTION: THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM YOUR FRIEND, TURBO CHARGER
Zombie Dave
Protoform

Post by Zombie Dave »

Originally posted by godzilla
Thats right you should however knock all rap because it's pure crap.

Okay then.

That is a completely absurd statement, would you like to name the type of music you like?

I'm not even going to knock it, I would just like to know. So please, name some bands.
nmathew
Protoform

Post by nmathew »

Originally posted by Zombie Dave
Okay then.

That is a completely absurd statement, would you like to name the type of music you like?

I'm not even going to knock it, I would just like to know. So please, name some bands.

Well, if godzilla dislikes the genre as much as I do....

In general, I don't care for rap.
I tend to be more about talanted instumentalist, and/or lyrics that tell some kind of story.

capn` Whitey ain't a story ;)
--nmathew

G91 says I'm now part of the old guard.
Starscreamer
Protoform

Post by Starscreamer »

nmathew has the scariest sig i have ever seen! and yea i like eminem. cant really explain why i just think hes good.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by Starscreamer
nmathew has the scariest sig i have ever seen! and yea i like eminem. cant really explain why i just think hes good.

And he could easily say the same of yours...

As far as the topic...well, ZD, I don't hate rap just because of Eminem, I hate it because of all those gangster rappers and people like puff daddy who can't even get someone else to come up with original beats for them. I mean, it's not like they're musically talented anyway, so why use unoriginal compositions instead of just continuing to pay someone else to pump out their beats? There are a few rap songs I like (Baby Got Back comes to mind...), but overall, I think it's the worst genre of music, then New Metal, then Country, in that order. My opinions.
nmathew
Protoform

Post by nmathew »

And he could easily say the same of yours...

LOL. Why do you think I went out there and found it ;)

Would you prefer my "fighting Gore" pic? Gore strikes an interesting boxing stance, let me tell you.....
--nmathew

G91 says I'm now part of the old guard.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by nmathew
LOL. Why do you think I went out there and found it ;)

Would you prefer my "fighting Gore" pic? Gore strikes an interesting boxing stance, let me tell you.....

Well, I thought it was because of MegaConvoy's Bring back Clinton Campaign...

I don't like him as a president, I think he was just decent, not great, just like I think of Clinton. He was a sexy b*tch though, and that is a well-done picture, so I can't complain like I could for Sixy's ;)
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I respect Eminem for what he really is... an actor portraying a character, and the media is his giant movie.

It's obvious that Marshall Mathers isn't the same person as Eminem. Although I'm sure a lot of emotions portrayed in his songs are real, I doubt he's actually as mad and bitter as his music makes him out to be. Eminem is a character that gathers attention. Whether you hate him or not, a large number of people are interested in what he has to say because he is so 'controversial' these days.

Just look at a song like "Kill You" and then a song like "Cleaning Out My Closet". There are two very different people singing these two songs. Look at the last verse of "Stan". That's probably the closest the public will ever get to know the real Marshall Mathers. Even in 8 Mile nobody really knows how much of it is fiction and how much is fact.

Marshall Mathers and Eminem are not the same. Most people like Eminem because his songs are catchy, and because he says stuff that most artists are afraid to, but I respect him as an artist because he can play the public like a fiddle.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

I'm not rap's biggest fan either, but some of Redman's stuff is good. Heard Redman vs Pink - Get the Party Started (Sweet Dreams remix)? I suggest you do, it's ace.

Generally though, I'm in agreement with Auros.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Zombie Dave
Protoform

Post by Zombie Dave »

Yeah, but what I'm saying is you've heard some of the crap that Puff daddy has released, and then leapt to the conclusion that all rap is rubbish. Actually, not only that, but that all rap is about 'being a major playa on the streets' 'pimpin bitches' etc etc... All these ****ty cliches that are associated with people like Dre and Snoop. I even saw a post refering to eminem as 'a wigger'.

Anyway.

What people seem to be doing would be like me listening to papa roach or... *thinks of the other crap bands name that normally jumps straight into his mind*

****, they released hybrid theory... Lynkin park!

Anyway, it would be like me listening to either of those, and then saying that all guitar music is crap.

Or listening to nsync and then tarring all pop as crap.

Do

You

See?

I don't care if you don't like something based on what you've heard of it, but if you go round making stupid coments like 'all rap is bull****', then I'm gonna have to challenge that.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

All american pop is crap too.