Your Latest Non-TF Toy Acquisitions

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Tantrum
Articles: 0
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Re: Your Latest Non-TF Toy Acquisitions

Post by Tantrum »

LEGO 10300 Back to the Future Time Machine - Found at Barnes & Noble for $200. It's been out of stock the last few times I've been to the LEGO store, so I was happy to see it.

Given the original list price of $170, I thought B&N had jacked the price up a bit. But, I just checked LEGO.com and $200 is the price listed there, as well. B&N got LEGO Optimus in at $180, matching the current LEGO.com price, but $10 more than I paid.

I'd assumed that each wheel would fold down on its own for the BttF II flying mode. Instead, there's a pretty intricate mechanism with a single lever under the car that you pull to flip all 4 wheels together.

I've only got two minor issues. First, the door hinges are too weak to hold the doors open. I might be able to fix that by swapping the original LEGO Technic pegs for another brand that's slightly thicker.

Second, the alternate wheels for the BttF III configuration are intended to have the tires attached, from the short scene where 1955 Doc talks to Marty about thinking 4th dimensionally, instead of being bare for use on railroad tracks from the climax of the film. You can put the alternate wheels on without tires, but then there's not enough clearance, and the car scrapes against the ground. Maybe if it were on rails, that wouldn't be a problem?

I'm planning to keep mine in mostly the BttF II configuration, but with the original OUTATIME license plate instead of the bar code one. I'll probably build a rack to keep all the other pieces together with the stand.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 76203 Iron Man Mech Armor & 76208 The Goat Boat - Both bought at K-Mart, last one of the Goat Boat set.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Dragon Stars Saiyan Saga Vegeta - From EB Games.

LEGO Jurassic World 76946 Blue & Beta Velociraptor Capture & 76947 Quetzalcoatlus Plane Ambush - 20% off at Big W.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

LEGO Star Wars 75320 Snowtrooper Battle Pack - Bought from Big W while on discount.
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

Mega Construx MotU Battle Ram - I'm not that into He-Man in general, but I am into Tri-Klops, and now I have a little minifig to go with my regular and vinyl figures.

LEGO Brick Heads 40559 Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote - The Block Heads seem to be worse proportioned version of Kubricks. This is the first set I've found where the heads look well proportioned. They're not in proportion to the rest of their bodies, but their out of proportion in a way that looks good. It helps that RR's head is narrower than most.

LEGO Creator 40517 Vespa - Unlike most Creator sets, this only includes pics and instructions for one build. That's fine. I don't remember the last time I was excited for an alternate build. I'd considered the large Ideas Vespa, but it was a lot of money and space for a design I was only somewhat interested in. This 118 piece set should do nicely. The large set if light blue. This one is red. I wonder if they'll ever do a yellow Vespa for FLCL fans.
Shebakoby
Protoform
Custom Title: From the Before Times

Post by Shebakoby »

I lucked out and got me a brand new (Kenner - Hasbro) Ecto-1 at Winners (Canada) for like 25 bucks. It doesn't come with any figures but that's OK as I already have some old Ghostbusters that I got in a big box of auctioned toys (including a bunch of Transformers lol).
Beware of Troy McClure!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Lego Star Wars 75334 Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Vader, Lego Harry Potter 76400 Hogwarts Carriage and Thestrals, Lego Harry Potter 76401 Hogwarts Courtyard: Sirius’s Rescue - From Big W.