What TV shows are you watching thread.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Final Space.
sarahsmith
Protoform

Re: What TV shows are you watching thread.

Post by sarahsmith »

Hello
My Name is Sarah Smith and my favorite Tv show is Ellen show.
Thanks.
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

new seasons of Black Lightning & The Flash have started! also watching new Star Wars Resistance toon!(the first 3 eps are available, it's very anime in style but actually is quite good!)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Rewatching Red Dwarf after charidee shop find of the Just the Shows DVDs. Most of it stands up very well despite the few dumb plots but i swear 7 & 8 get worse every single time I see them.
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

TITANS! first episode was ok, Robins fight scenes were bloody n brutal(he's supposed to becoming Nightwing during the course of the series) Starfire looked ok and Beastboy kinda reminded me of Manimal
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

watched season 7 episode 1 of Arrow, meh it was ok, Oliver in prison, mysterious new Arrow running around and future William turns up(maybe it's him that's this new Arrow?)
Sades

Post by Sades »

Random documentaries. Yup.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Stranger Things! All three seasons of it in about three weeks, actually. It's really good stuff. Well-written, suspenseful, with characters that it's hard not to care about. The kids in particular are great. They actually manage to make them feel like real kids, if that makes sense...so smart yet sometimes so dumb at the same time, and often taking insignificant things SUPER seriously because they lack the life experience to know better.
Dead Man Wade

Re:

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Skyquake87 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:46 pm Got through Cloak & Dagger, which I think has been excellent. The New Orleans setting and two leads have been great, the silly plot (hate 'mysterious previously undiscovered Earth energy thingy thing' rubbish) wasn't too bad and the show has been good fun.
I don't know if you could do "Drugs give you super powers" thing on Freeform.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Tbh, I'm only familiar with Cloak & Dagger from their appearances in Marvel's Midnight Sons Horror comics of the '90s. I wasn't aware of their origin until you posted.

I've been giving Preacher another go on Prime. I love the comics and this feels a bit wide of the mark, and the characters aren't gelling for me, but I like that it's doing its own thing, so I'm sticking with it to see where it goes.

I'm absolutely loving The Boys (again, Prime...I'm just getting my money's worth ... and it's nice to see what they've been doing with all the money they have through not paying tax..by legitimate means...obviously) which is proper good. Not read the original comics, but don't care because this is ace.

Other Prime things I've been watching are American Gods, which is kind of trippy, Good Omens which is fun and worth it just for Michael Sheen and David Tennant plainly having a ball. I also started with Nicholas Winding Refn's show, but at 90 minutes an episode, I'm struggling to find the time.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Couldn't get through the first series of Preacher, personally. I get the impression it moves onto the "great American road trip" arc eventually in the more recent stuff though. If anything, my view'd be that the comics could do with some abridging rather than padding out -- it's a great series but loses coherence and interest a bit along the way before pulling everything back together and wrapping up. Does suit the plot and characters, mind.

Might give The Boys a go. Ennis tends to be a bit too much shock-for-the-sake-of-shock for taste, don't think I ever followed the ending of the comics, but it looks alright.

Young Justice and catching up with Voltron (very late) myself. Have enjoyed the latter but the mood whiplash is a bit much at times and there's a particular spoiler for the last series that feels unfortunate and hackneyed -- it also doesn't have the simple fun of "robeast of the week" that the original show did to death.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

The Boys is a bit of a mixed bag. On the one hand, a lot of the post-9/11 stuff feels almost quaint, and it's kind of funny how hard they have to work to shoehorn some of it in. However, some of the performances are quite good; Antony Starr's so good I'm in the process of checking out Banshee now.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Gentlemen Jack, Killing Eve, Dr. Who, Supergirl, Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Black Lightening, and the upcoming Batwoman
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

anyone watched Batwoman yet? since there's now two episodes out
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Dead Man Wade wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:46 pm The Boys is a bit of a mixed bag. On the one hand, a lot of the post-9/11 stuff feels almost quaint, and it's kind of funny how hard they have to work to shoehorn some of it in. However, some of the performances are quite good; Antony Starr's so good I'm in the process of checking out Banshee now.
I'm watching The Boys as well. It's a good show, IMO, but nothing really noteworthy. The most interesting parts to me are that the good guys and bad guys are all essentially in the gray area, good or bad depending on your point of view.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

And really, that sort of thing is old hat in both comics and television, so that alone isn't really enough to recommend the series. In the comics, the most interesting bit was Huey's conflict, something that I'm not entirely sure the show is really getting right as yet. Admittedly, it's thrown a few curve balls that will bear watching to see if they yield anything.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I dunno, it works for me. It's got that same sort of vibe I enjoyed in Marshal Law and it's nice seeing that on TV. And not turning out a bit cack like Heroes did 10 years or so ago.

I've really been enjoying the Waco mini-series on alibi (one episode to go - don't spoil the ending :P), which has been awesome. Good cast and a nice,tense drama based on real events (tm). Want to try that I Am The Night thing next with Chris Pine in next.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying The Boys is bad. Just that the shades of grey thing isn't exactly novel.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Scotimus Prime wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:45 pm anyone watched Batwoman yet? since there's now two episodes out
I have and I love it, but then Batwoman is my favorite DC superhero, so I'm going to be more forgiving than others, but I'm loving the show so far. what I've seen of Ruby Rose in John Wick 2 and The Meg she's got an interesting look and cool factor that makes Kate Kane work in the comics. I think Alice is a far more interesting villain in the show than she was in comics. I do think that the show is not as dark as Arrow but not as light hearted as The Flash. I think it sits in between those shows and that feels like that it's the right tone for the show.
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

anyone seen Treadstone episode 1 yet