Chat Thread

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Touch wood it's Chromium's hardware acceleration that's the root of the issues I'm currently having, and turning it off in both Chrome and Opera will have the desired effect... don't think it's HDD lag or reliability problems, and RAM/CPU aren't indicating they're overloaded...

Taking it as a good sign that both browsers are much more responsive than they were, although not sure yet how much of that's simply having restarted both.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

*days late

Slarti's back!
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

You must be mistaken fellow citizen, for I am the BLUE MORPHO !

( heya dude ^^ )
Sades

Post by Sades »

Tetsuro wrote:If I caught you killing spiders in my home, I'd just get really mad at you. Unless your particular brand of spiders are venomous or f***huge or something.
Now, normally I'm very pro-spider. I usually get upset whenever Hound kills one, and if I come across them on my own I'd either leave it or shoo it away. That was before multiples of the little ****s started climbing my walls/crossing my ceiling at once and falling out of my hair on the regular. That's a liiiiiittle too close for comfort and for the time being, they can all burn in Spider Hell.
slartibartfast wrote:Dual-wielding sprays with the Starship Troopers soundtrack in the background ?
Stop looking in my windows >.>
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Well you're obviously not this person then.
Sades

Post by Sades »

This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Sades wrote:Stop looking in my windows >.>
I heed only to the call of the Arachnids ! We are drawn to your abode ! Our great web... bla bla bla... not yet...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The Twilight Zone style twist is Sades is a spider.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Wait, I thought we already knew that?
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

inflatable dalek wrote:The Twilight Zone style twist is Sades is a spider.
That'd be pretty Kafka-esque.

And I take stupid delight in being able to use that word.
Sades

Post by Sades »

inflatable dalek wrote:The Twilight Zone style twist is Sades is a spider.
OHHOHOHOHOHO
Warcry wrote:Wait, I thought we already knew that?
Even I had forgotten. It all makes so much sense now.

The small one's birthday was in the middle of the siege, so she was all about presents and talked about them a bunch. She talked about spiders a bunch, too, because there were a ton of them. Eventually, the two ideas merged in her head somehow and for awhile there she was talking about a Spider Princess that was going to be bringing her her birthday gifts.

I'd completely forgot about the image Auros made yoinks ago. I guess she wasn't confused...
Attachments
evils.gif
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Did the spiders start the fires and now they are hiding at your house? is that what has happened?
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

Do you know when the best time to lose your passport is? 4 weeks, 1 day and 11 hours before you are due to fly to America. F*ck my actual life
"When did you first realize that he uses bad grammar to distract you whenever you raise an objection to something he wants to do?"
Sades

Post by Sades »

Skyquake87 wrote:Did the spiders start the fires and now they are hiding at your house? is that what has happened?
Fires? Is the fact that the North is burning international news now, or...? We're not anywhere near the fires and the air is blue outside right now. It's kind of crazy.

Saw clips of this on the news, it's effing nuts. It is literally raining fire. edit: Just spotted a suicidal deer running TOWARDS the fire in front of the small white vehicle at 0:08.

Also- if these are pyro-arachnids, all the more reason to squash them. :o

Re: Passport- That sucks. Is there a fast-track option for getting a replacement? Hope things work out for you.
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

Sades wrote:Re: Passport- That sucks. Is there a fast-track option for getting a replacement? Hope things work out for you.
There's a same day service which costs £180, and 1 week service which costs £150. Both of which require me to get myself into and out of London during the working week somehow so it's an option of absolute last resort. The "typical" amount of time I've been quoted from sending stuff in to getting it back is three weeks, so tomorrow I'm getting my photos and the form countersigned and whacking it off super speedy recorded delivery on Monday
"When did you first realize that he uses bad grammar to distract you whenever you raise an objection to something he wants to do?"
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Sades wrote:Fires? Is the fact that the North is burning international news now, or...?
It is litterally on the BBC Breakfast news over my shoulder right now.

SPOILER! (select to read)
Or we're all really watching you. With boxes of spiders.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Sades wrote:Fires? Is the fact that the North is burning international news now, or...?
Yep, was the lead story on BBC radio's news stories in the morning of... er, whatever day they started evacuated entire communities. Sorry, days have all sort of blurred into one this week. Monday? But it's had steady coverage ever since.

I'd have checked on you guys except I know Alberta's ****-off huge and you're posting anyway so probably would have mentioned it... :o
Hound

Post by Hound »

Yeah, we're not in any danger right now but the air is pretty thick with smoke and the smell of people's possessions burning. Last night we spoke of what we should gather up if we need to be evacuated. Fun times...
Sades

Post by Sades »

Yeah, I'd mention that sort of thing.
Hound wrote:Last night we spoke of what we should gather up if we need to be evacuated. Fun times...
Well, that was more because of this- (THIS LINK IS ON FIYAAAHHHHH) than any risk from current flames. Given that people in general are morons (and someone tried setting shit on fire a few kms away about two days ago) I figured it would be best to make up an emergency bag/a list of things we could grab and stuff in the bag in a hurry if needed (phones, chargers, things we use everyday that wouldn't stay in a packed bag for long).

Air's clear now, so yay.

Edit: Here's the fire-damaged area superimposed over maps of Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, New York, Washington DC, and London UK. (as of yesterday at 1 PM local time). http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/how- ... rray-fire/ .
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I had two firsts last night: First time at a drive-in theater, and first double feature. Saw Captain America and Jungle Book back to back for a mother's day gift. I was shocked that our four-year-old actually stayed up and saw both all the way through with no complaining. Two- and six-year-olds zonked out in the car, but only after half of the second movie was over. Was a very cool experience, and nice to be able to walk around, bring our own food, adjust the volume as we wanted, and so forth. And paid less than we would have paid to see one movie in a theater. A little too much noise from the nearby highway, but nothing intolerable. We'll be doing that again sometime soon.