POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Don't feel too bad, for you guys who haven't received your MP Shockwave yet, I haven't gotten mine, either.

Of course, I haven't ordered one, so that probably has something to do with it.

Tracks: "Of course you haven't ordered one. He's just so...... ordinary. Unlike me."

Ungh.......

Tracks: "What?"

As you can guess, MP Tracks. His vehicle mode is beautiful. His flight mode is beautiful. His robot mode is-

Tracks: "Beautiful?"

Almost as beautiful. Now, before I get shot, my only complaint is the wings. I'm used to the wings feeling connected to the shoulders, not the backpack. That being said, now I can get used to working shoulders, so that's not so bad. His left knee is a little loose.

Tracks: -arms folded across his chest- "And?"

He's......uh...... the greatest thing ever?

Tracks: "No."

He's...... really blue?

Tracks: "No."

Fine, fine. I lost the gun barrel for his flight mode. Raoul and Blaster, easy to find. A little silver nozzle.... Not so much.

EDIT: Found it!

Tracks: "I told you to check the box again."

Everything else went flying, why not the flight gun?

Tracks: "There are times I wonder if that little Raoul statue would make a better sidekick than you......"
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
numbat

Post by numbat »

Got MP-29 Shockwave a few days ago. Nothing much to add to what already’s been said – he really is awesome. Everything I dreamed a Shockwave should be and more. The transformation isn’t too complicated, but it’s very well thought out, and satisfying. The cable is really cool.
Skyquake87 wrote:Really want to get me some batteries to see what that adds to the party.
It brings more awesomeness!

https://twitter.com/ChrisCathrine/statu ... 3832109056

(The arm laser is cool purple too.)

Love the purple lasers!
Skyquake87 wrote:The only minor niggles I have are that he's (to me anyway) a shade on the small side. MP Soundwave towers over him somewhat and I feel he should have come in at least around the same size as him.
I don't find him as small as that. Here he is with MP Soundwave.

https://twitter.com/ChrisCathrine/statu ... 4502204416

https://twitter.com/ChrisCathrine/statu ... 9877343232

However, he is smaller than I thought - I expected him to be about the same height as Soundwave.

My main niggle are the stickers. I don’t mind stickers – I enjoy applying them – and it’s nice to give people flexibility to decorate their Shockwave to match the version they love. The trouble is, they are rather poor quality – very flimsy, and mine were not fully cut so I had to carefully cut the smaller Decepticon symbols off the sheet. Also, the small symbols are a smidgen too large – they can’t fit on in the right place without slightly obscuring some panel lines on one arm, and overlapping the battery compartment join and access screw on the other (the latter being a bigger issue). It’s a shame they weren’t scaled better.
Knightdramon wrote:So everybody has MP Shockwave except me? AAAARGH

Hope that it's stuck in customs due to their workload, not because they're preparing to tax me...
I'm having this problem with the new Ghost in the Shell Movie Motoko Figma figure. It's been sitting 'awaiting customs clearance' for over a week now.
Heinrad wrote:As you can guess, MP Tracks. His vehicle mode is beautiful. His flight mode is beautiful. His robot mode is-

Tracks: "Beautiful?"

Almost as beautiful.
I really like MP Tracks too. Only took so long to get him because of the negative comments floating about. I guess it all depends on what you are looking for. :swirly:

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

Little late to this particular party but I finally caved after passing the Toys R Us in Woking for the fifth time this year and grabbed the CW Ultra Magnus. He's currently sitting under my coat in my work car. And again, the TF section on Toys R Us, or at least this one, was pretty slim especially considering what I hear and see from American stores
"When did you first realize that he uses bad grammar to distract you whenever you raise an objection to something he wants to do?"
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Yeah I sincerely hope he's stuck in customs because they got loads of stuff in, not because somebody's playing "how much can we get out of this" with my package.

Was uncool when my Japanese import, which usually is 20% cheaper with shipping, ended up roughly 4 pounds cheaper than if bought locally, but tacking on tax at the end would piss me off royally.

I still don't have Tracks; I think playing the waiting game on this one is paying off, but it's me being a bit stingy rather than reviews influencing me.

Too bad about Ramjet, it looks like the majority of this run has missassembly issues.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

numbat wrote:It brings more awesomeness!

https://twitter.com/ChrisCathrine/statu ... 3832109056

(The arm laser is cool purple too.)

Love the purple lasers!

I don't find him as small as that. Here he is with MP Soundwave.

https://twitter.com/ChrisCathrine/statu ... 4502204416

https://twitter.com/ChrisCathrine/statu ... 9877343232

However, he is smaller than I thought - I expected him to be about the same height as Soundwave.
Yay! PURPLE LASERS OF DEATH!!!

I think its because Soundwave is so beefy, and dark, and next to him, Shockwave looks...like soft furnishings. I think just maybe 5% bigger would have been spot on for me. It doesn't diminish the figure overall, just a minor niggle ... but I think its from having the G1 toy for years and having that expectation that Shockwave is just BIG (and gangly). Scale, eh? Who needs it.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Tracks: "Well, you're home early."

Yeah, yeah...

Tracks: "Gaming not go well? The orcs not being cooperative?"

I play Cyberpunk, not D&D. There were technical issues tonight. Part of dealing with having the GM be 3 states away.

Tracks: "At least these pests you live with will bother you and not me."

They're not pests. They're cats.

Tracks: "They shed...... What's in the bag?"

A reward for surviving the week from hell.

Tracks: "That doesn't look like a reward. That looks like a Decepticon!"

Yeah. In fact, it's Brawl. And thanks to him, I can finally assemble BRUTICUS! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

Tracks: "That uncouth barbari-con? Great Primus why?"

Because, thanks to the Internet being broken, I was able to wander to Wal-Mart and be quite surprised that they had Combaticons on the shelves with Team Sky Lynx.

Tracks: "How could the Internet be broken?"

I'm exaggerating. The ISP on the GM's end is pretty crappy. His internet is broken. And after reading the issue included with Brawl, I'm completely lost.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I finally have Combiner Wars Devastator, next up, whenever it happens, is pretty much all the wave two stuff (also Ultra Magnus and Skylynx)
Destruction is my specialty
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I was very, very surprised to find a CW Viper at Walmart today! The Rodimus/Skywarp wave has beem around for ages now so I'd just figured he'd been skipped. But I guess not! Now, if only they'd find some cases with Blackjack in them...

I already had Powerglide, so there's no big surprises here -- Viper has the same good articulation and the same kinda frustrating transformation. The colours and new head are really fetching, though. I didn't expect the Rattler homage to extend all the way to him having Cobra insignia, but they fit great with the deco.

And to make things even better, my sweet wife bought it for me!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I think Blackjack is going for $6.50 on Amazon right now, and has been for about a month. He's an add-on item, so it has to be tossed in with other stuff. If you need an American mule, PM me.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Appreciate the offer, but shipping would cost more than the toy and with the exchange rate on top of it I'd be no better off than if I bought one from a local scalper.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Knightdramon wrote:So everybody has MP Shockwave except me? AAAARGH

Hope that it's stuck in customs due to their workload, not because they're preparing to tax me...
So do you have yours yet?

Because apparently in the time they've taken their sweet time sitting on top of yours, I've placed an order for one on HLJ, paid for it, had it processed, shipped, land in customs, paid for that, had it cleared by customs and then have it shipped to my front door.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Customs in the UK must be having an extended Easter...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

No movement on mine either. :(

This is getting ridiculous. If I wanted to wait a month for my Shockwave I would have shipped it SAL and saved myself $10. By now it's been sitting in a customs warehouse for at least a week, since it left Japan on the 1st. Unfortunately Canada Customs seems to have no understanding of the concept "first in, first out"...
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Not to interrupt the various Customs complaints, but I picked up a CW Sky Lynx yesterday. Finally found the little bugger at retail. Little being my sole complaint. It's Sky Lynx, he should be bigger. But he makes for a delightfully wacky combiner torso, so I can live with it.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Warcry wrote:No movement on mine either. :(

This is getting ridiculous. If I wanted to wait a month for my Shockwave I would have shipped it SAL and saved myself $10. By now it's been sitting in a customs warehouse for at least a week, since it left Japan on the 1st. Unfortunately Canada Customs seems to have no understanding of the concept "first in, first out"...
Or similarly, I could have bought it from a local retailer for roughly 2 extra pounds after all is said and done [damn you unstable political situation and the falling pound] and have gotten him roughly 10 days ago...

But yeah, no more hijacking until we actually get ours in! :lol:
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Terrorists importing weapons from the east !
And they're interested in things in disguise !
Put them under surveillance Johnson !
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

I got a replacement CW Wheeljack Friday. The one I bought last month had a miscolored spoiler that wouldn't stay attached, and there were none left when I returned him. This one has a few problems of its own, though.

1) The front driver's side wheel doesn't turn when the car rolls. Turning it with my finger gives more resistance than the other 3, but not enough that it wouldn't roll. Maybe the car just doesn't lay flat, and this wheel doesn't touch the ground.

2) The notches to hold the HFG in place don't hold it tightly. The notch on the thumbs works well enough to hold it in car mode. The notches in bot mode are very loose, and it looks like the remolded bumper stops it from sliding on enough, anyway. I've made some LEGO wings that plug into the hole with a Technic peg, so I'm not to bummed about this, since I won't be putting the HFG there anyway.

3) There's a weird mark on his collar piece that doesn't rub off. It's small, and wouldn't be noticeable if the figure weren't so white. It just bugs me because my Prime Wheeljack has a smudge on his front right fender that won't rub off.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

TFC Prowl! You know how in G1 you would often have a sticker that's just slightly too large for the area it's intended for, so the edges just barely hang off, just waiting for you to transform it and thus peel them off? Well, Prowl has a lot of those.

It's kind of funny, I never owned any of the Autobot cars until I got Jazz, so I thought the Constructicons were awfully small, but they're only marginally shorter than the average Autobot - in fact, Hook is the same height as Prowl.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Yeah, the original stuff is, in general, ****ing tiny on a comparative scale to the history of the line.
Warcry wrote:No movement on mine either. :(

To be honest stuff like this is why I don't bother ordering from Japan these days (unless I can't find another option). Let somebody else deal with the customs issues. I like to know what I'm paying and roughly when I'm going to get it.

Example: other people are receiving their TFC Leozak at the moment. I'm not, but that's because the store I ordered it from are on holiday this week. So I know that's the hold up and can chill accordingly. Yay me.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Tetsuro wrote:TFC Prowl! You know how in G1 you would often have a sticker that's just slightly too large for the area it's intended for, so the edges just barely hang off, just waiting for you to transform it and thus peel them off? Well, Prowl has a lot of those.
Yeah, my Hasbro reissue had the same issue back in the day. It's a shame because the stickers are really what makes him look so good.
Tetsuro wrote:It's kind of funny, I never owned any of the Autobot cars until I got Jazz, so I thought the Constructicons were awfully small, but they're only marginally shorter than the average Autobot - in fact, Hook is the same height as Prowl.
I know that feeling. Having grown up with Targetmasters and stuff, when I got my first original Autobot car (in the form of G2 Sideswipe) I was floored by how small his robot mode was. Now that I own some of the others as well, I'm amazed that they sold stuff like Prowl and Skids for the same price as Hoist or Inferno back in the day.
Brendocon 2.0 wrote:To be honest stuff like this is why I don't bother ordering from Japan these days (unless I can't find another option). Let somebody else deal with the customs issues. I like to know what I'm paying and roughly when I'm going to get it.
I envy you that. There's such a big price difference between Canadian retailers and ordering from Japan that it doesn't make any sense to buy any Takara stuff locally. With Shockwave it's about a $35 difference, or about what I'll pay if I get hit with customs fees (which only seems to happen once every couple years). With smaller stuff like an MP car, I'd literally be paying double if I bought from a local seller.