THIRD PARTY TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

"He's got HUGE, sharp..."

Yet another reason that we need Masterpiece Stampy.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Notabot wrote:Masterpiece Stampy.
Yessss.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Some pics emerging of MMC's Ocular Max Backdraft (Inferno)

https://www.facebook.com/DaimChocReport ... =3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/13421633997309 ... =3&theater

Apparently that's an alternate head/face.

Not sure about the waist piece if I'm honest. Size and angle looks a little bit Rob Liefield.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Final production sample images of MMC's Backdraft.
http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/02/21/mast ... ple-310339

I... I really don't know on this one. Maybe it's just because cartoon Inferno's just generally so unmemorable that I just can't form an opinion about whether this guy captures his essence more than the Maketoys one.

I sort of want to hold off until he's cheaper, but you can only get the cartoon head by preordering apparently. And you can guarantee the moment I order it Takara will pop up with a Mitsubishi deal.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Anybody who wants to rename this thread "Brend posts stuff about third party Infernos while everybody else ignores him", crack the **** on.

Seriously, there must be something else happening out there. I know China's closed right now because of New Year but come on...

ANYWAY here's Vangelis' gallery of Ocular Max Backdraft:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 308&type=3

He's about the same height as Ironhide in robot mode (which I can cope with) and in vehicle mode (which is a bit odd but whevs baby).

And here's some pictures of a resin test shot of Dante (see what they did there?), the X-Transbots version, who stands about as high as MP-10.
https://www.facebook.com/DaimChocReport ... 0308306404

It's XTB, so the final version will probably be made of eggshells and tinfoil and held together by the power of positive thought, but hey it's nice to see everybody simultaneously doing something that isn't Constructicons.

As for who'd see that Maketoys and MMC have both done an Inferno then opt for the XTB version... well that's not for me to say, but I'm sure there'll be at least somebody giving it a glowing review in exchange for a free sample and a featured column on a popular website.
Ryan F

Post by Ryan F »

Well, I'll chime in, if you like.

I'm not going to buy any of these guys - I'm going to wait and see what Takara do.

Maketoys I have a lot of experience of - their Chromedome and Hardhead are both excellent. However, I'm not a fan of their Inferno's vehicle mode - of the three companies, they're the only ones who haven't bothered trying to hide the arms in truck mode. On the plus side, it really captures the toon robot proportions, which were always a bit on the stumpy side.

XTB I wouldn't touch with a bargepole. The only thing I have from them is Glider, and that's a floppy mess. Apparently their recent MP Beachcomber figure is a bit of a lemon, with bits falling off and rivets falling out, which makes me very reticent to get anything else they do. Plus, their transformations are always so damn fiddly. Also it's too darn big.

MMC looks the best of three, Vangelus' video of the test shot proves it's got quite a few transformation surprises and some great articulation. Whilst it beats Maketoys in the 'hiding the arm' category, the ladder looks a bit too stumpy for my tastes.

I think if I had to pick one I'd go for MMC, though the small ladder does bug me a little.
Transform And Roll-Out
The Unofficial And Unauthorised Guide To The Transformers (1984-92)
Available now from Telos Publishing
https://telos.co.uk/shop/cult-tv/transf ... -roll-out/
Clay

Post by Clay »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:but hey it's nice to see everybody simultaneously doing something that isn't Constructicons
Well, they could all release green versions with crane arms and call them honorary seventh members because reasons.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Makes no less sense than Catilla being a Predacon, tbf.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm fairly content to wait on Takara for the cars... those all look good but TBH the way I see it the official versions of those done so far have done too, and I can only see the number of options multiplying - not like the Constructicons have dropped from the 3P agenda because of an underwhelming official version... I broke the rules for Mirage because the alt mode is one that'd bring out the pedant in me and I didn't want some twat's name scrawled on the side, but the rest I can wait on.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

No j00 must buy now!!!

To be fair I'm happy to buy 3P stuff as it comes along, so long as it's of a decent quality and not extortionately priced.

If you hunt around and get the right deal at the right time there's not actually too much difference between MP prices and the right 3P product, at least on the UK online market. Between £60 and £80 for the cars, £80-£110 for the larger stuff... yeah okay so Sunsurge is currently going for the same price as Ratchet despite being smaller with no diecast, but Takara's Ramjet is costing me about £130 on the grounds that it's a limited production run, so nobody's innocent here. For the record, that's more than a FansToys Dinobot costs.

Plus I'm not interested in 95% of Generations and I don't bother with movie or vintage stuff, nor the fake character Diaclone MP stuff, so my TF budgeting can accommodate going 3P. Basically I can let myself spend £65 on Maketoys Gundog, despite knowing there may be a MP Hound in the pipeline, because at least I'm not spending £55 on Masterpiece ****ing Clampdown.

Yeah, Takara may come along in a year or so with a product I prefer, but if they do I can always sell off the 3Ps I'm replacing and recoup some of the outlay, and if the MP line dies a death without getting to everybody then I'm not scrabbling about paying aftermarket prices on 3P stuff.

Basically I'm using pragmatism to justify my need-it-now completism.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

So Pandinus, that huge garish Maketoys Scorponok, is finally up for preorder.

TFSource have got pictures here: http://tfsource.com/make-toys/pandinus/

And it looks like Badcube are doing a "distressed" version of Wardog, if you like that sort of thing:
http://www.thechosenprime.com/BadcubeWardogVeteran
numbat

Post by numbat »

Pandinus doesn't look too bad in colour... Would like to see the Headmaster element.

What's happening with Perfect Effect Deathstalker?

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

And the last two FansProject Dinoforce dudes

https://www.facebook.com/DaimChocReport ... 2854275816

Dinogo (maximum effort on that name) and Dinoroku, who are the equivalents of I don't care and who's keeping track.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Not a whole lot of imagination in calling them Ichi Ni San Shi Go Roku in the first place... but those two are the same mould, essentially, aren't they?

Sticking with just getting not-Slog, personally.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Denyer wrote:Not a whole lot of imagination in calling them Ichi Ni San Shi Go Roku in the first place...
Aaaaaand I can't believe I didn't clock that before.

Well I can believe it, given that I wasn't really bothered enough to even think there might be a sequence to notice, but good ****ing god.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Wow, numbers? That's lazy naming...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

And, unless I've missed a memo, first colour pictures are starting to appear of TFC's Seacons
https://www.facebook.com/DaimChocReport ... 6669973101
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

That actually looks great. Wow.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
numbat

Post by numbat »

That does look awesome. I really want to see all of the team members and Piranacon before deciding though...

Also items on eBay.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

IDW Stunticons up for pre-order [just the four limbs] at various US stores for now. Four limbs up at BBTS.

Prices very predictable so far, more expensive than an MP car, but featuring rubber tires. No PO for Motormaster in the US or any of the cars in the UK.

Unbelievably excited for this.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.