Your Latest Non-TF Toy Acquisitions

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Star Wars Black Series #03 Darth Vader (3.75"). I've been eyeing these up for a while and finally decided to get one. It's been a long time since I purchased a Star Wars figure - matter of fact I sold off all of my old ones quite a few years ago. The older (non-vintage) ones just didn't have much in the way of articulation, so they were basically a statue with a couple joints.

I had to go to Walgreens to get him though, since all the Walmarts around here aren't stocking the 3.75" Black Series anymore. Glad I got Vader when I did! The figure is a whole is quite fantastic, and I think I may have to hunt down some others that I am interested in.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Dabbling in Hot Toys; Baroness, a T-600 and comics Pepper... who's a bit Greg Land but I think it works overall. The silver centurion armour is the classic Iron Man as far as I'm concerned (growing up with the Marvel Universe books) and doubles up as Rescue without the stupidity of a cheesecake body sculpt. Just need a proper neck post.

Bigger: http://i.imgur.com/Zzv9d8b.jpg

The terminator is probably getting an armchair and a dog. Because.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

An exclusive Lego mini-fig of the white concept of Boba Fett from Star Wars Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back that was included with a Lego Star Wars book from a local store.
Mungus bigfig from Lego Legends Of Chima 70144 Laval’s Fire Lion (bought from a gutted set as I didn't want the set itself) off eBay.
Lego Cuusoo 21103 The DeLorean time machine off eBay although I paid more than I would have liked.
Lego Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 79120 T-Rawket Sky Strike also off eBay.
Lego Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 79117 Turtle Lair Invasion locally.
Destruction is my specialty
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I blew the dust off of my eBay account (which I apparently hadn't used in seven or eight years!) and snagged a few DC figures.

Firestorm is a bit beat up, but he's always been a favourite of mine and I'm glad to have him. The wacky 70s costume and flame-hair made him one of my favourite Super Powers toys when I was a kid. Now he just needs a Red Tornado to hang out with!

Killer Moth is fantastic! Everything from the head sculpt to the fairy-tale princess wings to the cocoon gun to absurd stripey pants is just so over-the-top ridiculous that I can't help but love him. He's one of my favourites from the old DCUC line, even though I'm still not sure why in the world they made him. I mean, is there a single person who has an unironic love for Killer Moth?

Batman's cool too, but I already own a few different Batmen so he doesn't really wow me. He did take over as the Batman on my DC shelf, though, so I guess he beats out the other ones for now.

All three of them have good articulation, and actually pose better than the newer Mattel DC figures I own. The newer ones have pretty much the same joints, but the range of motion on these older figures is way better, especially for the heads and ab crunches.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

SH Figuarts Riderman & Rider Machine.

I skipped Black RX's alternate forms because their bikes were exclusive last year, but this year I've wound up going down that hill anyway when they released Amazon as an exclusive and I'm wondering if I should pick those two up after all.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Finally gave in and picked up some the Funko POP! vinyl figures: Raphael, Donatello, Jon Snow (Caste Black), Angel (Whedon, not Marvel), and Bender.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Those Funko things are bloody everywhere...they creep me out with their socket-less eye holes. brrr.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

They've got a fairly cute asthetic that I dig, and the fact that they've captured so much of the market means that I can have diverse characters like Roger Rabbit and Jon Snow in the same style and scale.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Have you seen these?

http://borg.com/2013/11/15/retro-alert- ... beginning/

There's a lot more than Alien... Fifth Element, all sorts of stuff.

http://funko.com/collections/reaction
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Shocked to find a Star Wars Black Series 3.75" Captain Rex! Bought him on sight, as I didn't expect to see him out already.

I can't wait to crack that package open when I get the chance. He will compliment my Darth Vader nicely, and will reunite two leaders of the 501st!

I think sometime in the future I will scour eBay for the likes of Clone Wars Obi-Wan, Commander Cody, and Ahsoka Tano from the Vintage Collection. Maybe a Darth Maul too.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

I have. I actually bought my brother-in-law the Rocketeer figure they did, as it's his favorite movie, and the Firefly ones are sorely tempting.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

NECA Robocop 3

I know it says "3" nowhere on the packaging, but come on, he's got the freakin' jetpack and swappable machine gun/flamethrower/missile launcher arm. And as dreadful as that movie was, the toy is freakin' cool.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Note for anyone who might be inclined to buy the Jurassic World blind bagged Dinos: The quality is pretty low. They're fun, though.

I'm totally a sucker for blind bags. I got a Pachycephalosaurus, an Ankylosaurus and a Velociraptor.

This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Disney Infinity 2.0 Figure - Loki Bought from Target while on discount, only three left.

Lego Star Wars 75082 TIE Advanced Prototype - From K-Mart with reduction.

Lego Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:
79119 Mutation Chamber Unleashed - finally got one from eBay from South Korea.
79121 Turtle Sub Undersea Chase - Paid of a Lay-By for this.

And that finishes off the Ninja Turtles theme forever.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Finally had a chance to bust open Captain Rex. Fantastic figure! The paint detail is pretty amazing for a 3.75" figure. The only issue I have is that he has only swivel hips instead of ball swivels like my Vader figure. That limits his articulation a bit, but it certainly isn't a deal breaker:

Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Ame Comi Black Canary - another less popular character that was cheap sold as a loose lot on ebay! She's lovely. And shouty. Aces.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Got to be easier to find than the DC Universe Classics one... though I do have one on the way now, and am gradually messing around to make a Birds of Prey line-up.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

There's a few things I might do with yet, but quite happy with that. Steph!Batgirl is just the Unlimited one with a Greg Capullo head and cut down LEGO Friends hair, and Oracle kept the head (couldn't find a better redhead-with-glasses figure) on a Sophie Bangs with Patrick Stewart Prof X chair and a supposedly 1/6 laptop.

Could do with some inks in places.

http://i.imgur.com/ktGfhYw.jpg

Ignore the Hellraiser character menacing the Scoobies in the corner...
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Lego Legends Of Chima 70221 Flinx’s Ultimate Phoenix - Bought on Sunday.
Lego Legends Of Chima 70222 Tormak’s Shadow Blazer &
Lego Marvel Super Heroes 76032 The Avengers Quinjet City Chase - Grabbed the former as it was on clearance and the latter was a Lay-by that I paid off.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

SH Figuarts Yoshi
Revoltech Legacy Souther
Revoltech Legacy Shu
Monster Collection Dialga
Tomica Mega Lucario Blue Dash