Dreams?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

Dreams?

Post by Sades »

What do you dream about? I usually don't, but when I do it can get pretty messed up. Well, to me anyway.

I woke up at 9 today, perfectly normally. Went about doing household stuff, started feeling sleepy around 2 so I took a nap.

While I napped, I actually had a bizarre dream that involved someone (I forget who) trying to kill the BF, me and a friend (again I forget), us knowing what was being planned but unable to leave (we were being held, or something in this big stone building) until the last minute. For some reason we were all acting like we were on vacation in public, but planning our escape in private. They began to seperate us, I got away from the people who were sequestering me away (for some reason, my sister was one of the people) and saw the BF getting away but the third person disappeared. Next thing I know I'm back here in our apartment, it's night, I'm waiting for the BF to show (some pre-arranged meeting spot?) And these three teenagers show up wearing red and white baseball uniforms.

I cut off their heads, knowing they were there to kill me, shove the bodies in a closet and (knowing I have to leave like right away) begin hurriedly packing, getting mad at myself for not packing earlier. That's when my dad shows up and says the BF is wanted for killing those boys and that he was there to take me home. I start crying cause I have no freaking clue where the BF is, and I tell my dad I would go with him tomorrow, I just wanted to be by myself right now... then, I woke up, completely wrapped up in the comforter.

I actually woke up feeling completely hopeless. I was relieved for like five seconds that none of that messed-up garbage was real, then it slowly began to dawn on my just how ****ed-up and ludicrous that was. Ha!

... Now I'm kinda annoyed, because I feel like I wasted the "meaty" part of the day sleeping. Ah well.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The dreams I tend to remember are the slightly dull real world ones, mainly because of it taking a few minuets of thinking to be completely sure that these things didn't actually happen yesterday...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Sades

Post by Sades »

It was like a movie. After it was done being mildly distressing, it was kinda awesome.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Soundwave
Protoform

Post by Soundwave »

That is a big ball of mess
inflatable dalek

Not a dream but I had a deeply surreal experience whilst on holiday that I'd like to share but doesn't deserve its own thread.

On Sunday we went for lunch at a really nice little restaurant (if anyone's ever in Portsmouth I'd reccomend Truffle's just on the food), and the woman taking the orders was extremely nice and funny with us. But when I went to the toilet (by the kitchen) I overheard her talking to the chef about me. Kinda like that Simpson's episode where Skinner takes Bart to dinner and when he meets the Italian chef he's all like "Hey'a! It's'a you'a my'a old'a friend'a!", but as soon as the chef goes in the kitchen you can hear him going "Hey'a it's'a that'a twat'a again'a". [paraphrasing]

Though in fairneess I'm not sure if "There's a guy out there with a Transformers keyring!" was followed up with "And it's kind of cool, "I'll take you all on!" neat guy with nice new shoes" or "What a ****, dip your balls in his pork would you Fred?"
Sades

Post by Sades »

Soundwave wrote:That is a big ball of mess
Pbbbbbbbbbbt.

It probably would be if my brain's version of "cutting people's heads off" was graphic and ****ed up, but it wasn't. It was like b-movie deathing.
inflatable dalek wrote:Though in fairneess I'm not sure if "There's a guy out there with a Transformers keyring!" was followed up with "And it's kind of cool, "I'll take you all on!" neat guy with nice new shoes" or "What a ****, dip your balls in his pork would you Fred?"
I dunno... does that count as surreal? Well here's hoping you didn't get the Chef's Special.
inflatable dalek

Sades wrote: I dunno... does that count as surreal?
Well, maybe you have cats with the heads of dogs running about in your world but as far as my life goes that's as surreal as it gets.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Actually yeah, things can get pretty ****ing weird around here. Cats with dog's heads, though? That's just craaaaazy. Those poor cat-things would tip over.
inflatable dalek

Sades wrote: Cats with dog's heads, though?

One might even say... surreal.

I think my cat is getting fat enough to sustain a dog head.
Sades

Post by Sades »

inflatable dalek wrote:One might even say... surreal.

Kinda what I was getting at too. Craaaazy.
I think my cat is getting fat enough to sustain a dog head.
It's not so much fat or bulk as it is structure. Maybe a chihuahua's head, but I dunno about other breeds. Mind, I'm no ratdog expert so who knows.
inflatable dalek

Sades wrote: It's not so much fat or bulk as it is structure. Maybe a chihuahua's head, but I dunno about other breeds. Mind, I'm no ratdog expert so who knows.
You've given a suspicious amount of thought to this. I bet you've got some sort of evil laboratory in the basement with a whole load of failed experiments in it. "Yes, a cat's body will not support a dog's head. Next on the list, can a giraffe make use of an opposable thumb?"

In the vein of things I find mildy surreal but no one else likely will: How long have Sky News had a show presented by a man called Jeff Randall? And what made them think it was a good idea? Didn't they realise that instead of taking the BP oil spill seriously it'd just have me jumping up and down shouting "Only you can see me Jeff!" repeatedly in my award winning Mike Pratt impression?
Skidmark

Weird dream I had not too long ago

Post by Skidmark »

It involves my neighbor that moved away recently.This is how it went.

I was in a white room. A hole began to form underneath me and I fell through. I landed in a parking lot that went on forever. All of sudden my former neighbor sat on me. And she was fat. Fat fat. Like obese fat. Fat like her fatness could absorb me. She's actually quite large in real life but not to that extent. My dreams tend to exaggerate things. Moving on. I tried to get her off of me but she didn't budge one bit. She just sat on me and didn't even notice. My head was the only thing that was sticking out. Then one of her kids(they're annoying little pricks) came and started laughing at me. I got my arm out and pulled a bowie knife out of the fatness that was crushing me and slit that kid's throat. :devil:A rainbow came out of the gash that I made. I then figured out how to escape and pulled a donut from my pocket. I threw the donut some distance away and immediately the pressure came off of me. She ran after that rolling donut into the sunset and then exploded into a nuclear mushroom cloud. I then woke up and laughed about it.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Sades

Post by Sades »

That might be more messed up than my dream.

Do people here dream (and remember their dreams) regularly? I only remember mine once in a bit.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Sades wrote:Do people here dream (and remember their dreams) regularly? I only remember mine once in a bit.
I remember most of my dreams except for the little details. I remember one dream where I was playing a cool riff on my guitar and then I woke up and couldn't remember how I played it in my dream.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Watchmen
Sades

Post by Sades »

Yeah, one of my brothers has the occasional dream where he can do awesome stuff but can't remember how he did it when he wakes up.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Do you guys ever violently wake up from a dream. When I say violent I mean you get so angry in your dream you wake up with your fist or an object flying in a direction. Last time that happened, I punched a hole in the wall. I think the dream had something to do with a beef I have with a person in real life.

Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Watchmen
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Well, long time ago when I was playing some RPG games, I got stuck at some points and couldn't solve the puzzle. In my dream that night, I solved them and after I woke up, I tried the same way right away but they didn't work........
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Skidmark wrote:Last time that happened,
can't say here about my dream last night but if I can, I don't want to wake up either. Many, many times when the good things are really approaching, I wake up or somebody wakes me up. That reminds me couple weeks ago in the dream I was waiting my favorite sushi order in a restaurant, I just can't wait it coming and when it finally in front of me on the table, my wife wakes me up. Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jim

Post by Jim »

I took psychology in high school, and I remember a project requiring us to keep a log of our dreams and then analyzing them. It didn't work out well for the first few attempts, if I started to think of something else, the dream faded quickly until it wasn't worth trying to recall. Then I would jot down asap keywords to what was happening in that particular dream -- we have many while we sleep, so I doubt there is ever going to be a way to recall them all without the aid of an alarm clock. I think a dream lasts for what 15 to 30 minutes a piece? Imagine what must happen in the other times. Weird. A little creepy too. What I don't understand is why dream seems to fade out so quickly when we wake up.

As for strange, I do recall one dream that was somewhat scary / horror film-ish. Car break down in bad area of a city. People willing to take us in. Sitting around while it rains / thunderstorm. While in the living, lights cut in / out, you could still see outline forms in the form of shadows until it was dark. Next, lights stay out and the outlines disappear, including the folks that went in with me. Now the pattern of the place had change and couldn't get out. Freak out moments. Scary imagery. I woke up. I guess that's I why I recall this one. :o
Sades

Post by Sades »

I had a weird one today; an uncle of mine was telling a story to me and some friends and instead of telling the story we thought he was going to tell, he started telling us about the bible, then he hacked my computer (or was it mine? was unclear. It was a computer and I used it) and fixed it so the only sites I could visit were Disney-related.

I need to stop taking afternoon naps.

... Watch Lords of Dogtown. It's bitchin.

Haahahahaha. Okay, so just or fun (and yes I know it's full of butt), I did a google search and found dreamoods.com . I put a bunch of elements from my dream into the "interpret" field. I got:
Uncle
To see your uncle in your dream, represents some aspect of your family heritage and trait. It also symbolizes new ideas and emerging awareness. Consider the idiom "say uncle" to mean surrender or admit defeat.

Story
To write a story in your dream, represents your creativity and imagination. Alternatively, it signifies feelings that you are unable to verbally express or communicate openly. You are trying to convey your emotions through the story.

To tell or read a story in your dream, indicates that there is some life lesson or moral that you need to learn or recognize.

Storyteller
To see or be a storyteller in your dream, suggests that you need to hold onto the past and learn from it. You need to appreciate tradition and the lessons of the past.

Bible

To see or read the bible in your dream, symbolizes truth, belief, inspiration and knowledge. You are seeking some form of comfort. The bible may also refer to your fundamental belief system. Perhaps you need to turn to the bible more.

Religion
To dream of your religion, represents your faithfulness and sense of spirituality. Perhaps your dream is telling you to be more religious or that you need to be more spiritual. Alternatively, the dream may be a metaphor for some behavior or habit which you are "religious" about.

To dream about a different religion from your own, suggests that you need to incorporate some key component of that religion in your own life. The dream may also mean that you need to be more accepting and tolerant of the differences in humanity.

Pastor (because my uncle is a Pastor)
To see a pastor in your dream, suggests that you are in need of spiritual guidance and advice. You may be experiencing feelings of guilt.

Friend
To see friends in your dream, signify aspects of your personality that you have rejected, but are ready to incorporate and acknowledge. The relationships you have with those around you are important in learning about yourself. Alternatively, dreaming of a friend, indicates positive news.

Hack
To dream that someone is hacking into your computer or files, symbolizes your vulnerabilities and weaknesses. The dream may be a way of telling you that you need to work on building up your self esteem.

Internet ('cause "Disney" just brought up Disneyland and Amusement Park)
To dream of the internet, signifies your need to connect and communicate with a larger network of people. The dream may be highlighting the importance of networking. Consider the types or names of the websites you were looking at for additional significance.
Any Disney freaks in the house? I need you!