POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Unemployment really really sucks, I mean I've only been out of work a month or two but it's getting really deppressing. Thanks to expenses such as driving lessons and food and my EMA only covering half of that I have pretty much no money so I can't buy TFs, go out, get new clothes etc and it's driving me up the wall!

Fortunatley I remembered I have a savings acount that I hardly touch because my local Halifax branch are never any help so it comes in handy for emergencies such as needing money for a trip to London next week :)

So anyway TRU are having a Transformers sale so I was able to accidentally buy my first TFs in ages (oops). Classics Blades at half price and ROTF Bludgeon and Whirl at a tenner off! I'm pretty sure thats the same as finding twenty quid on the floor so it's good fo me! Go check out the sale.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

Finally got my Reprolabels Animated Blurr sticker set.
I am so happy with that little box.
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Bringing Robots Into Disgrace Since 1984
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Got some other birthday money in the other day, so I decided to pick up Universe Commemorative Series Perceptor. Never had him as a kid, and he's pretty nice. I like the three modes he has, and he's a nice size figure for $30. I think he'll fit in well with my Classics collection.

The only problem I had was a non-shooting missile gun. The tab was stuck, so I worked it loose, and now it seems there is no spring inside to launch the missile. Does anyone have any good ideas on this???
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Write to your congressman/woman to get the toy safety laws changed. :)
Raze
Protoform

Post by Raze »

Picked up Classics Dragstrip for £22 who's absolutely awesome in my opinion.

The Universe Superion box set for £29 which I'm enjoying, not combined them yet (waiting for the add on kit which is on the way) but I think the robot modes are quite good if lacking in decent looking weapons.
Wanted Used or New -
Henkei Classics Dirge, Thrust. Universe Hound (Ravage not needed)
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Picked up RotF Wheelie last night.
Was looking for the Fearswoop(Hooligan) set but unfortunatly my walmart is lame.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

BRUTICUS.

I love the various means they use to identify themselves, such as Swindle's ($) near the cockpit. And the combined mode isn't floppy in the slightest. And each weapon works nicely as either a hand or foot!
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Just got Micky Mouse/ Prime. While he is tiny, he is neat. Probably the smallest Transformer that I have.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Just got Encore Jazz.
I have both the Takara TFC and Hasbro reissues and got the Encore because the rear arch stickers keep lifting on my Hasbro one so I'll be selling it on(the Encore has them tampographed on)
Is it just me or does the Encore not seem to fit together as well as the earlier reissues?
It just seems abit more "gappy"
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Clay

Post by Clay »

martyboy70 wrote:Just got Encore Jazz.
I have both the Takara TFC and Hasbro reissues and got the Encore because the rear arch stickers keep lifting on my Hasbro one so I'll be selling it on(the Encore has them tampographed on)
Is it just me or does the Encore not seem to fit together as well as the earlier reissues?
It just seems abit more "gappy"
Dunno, maybe. I know a lot of people had that complaint about the Encore Bruticus.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Got my Cybertron Megatron from eBay. Thanks to the previous owner that it is still in a good condition even though some joints are a little bit loose. Too bad cannot display him now and need to put him in the box to join the others since I'm moving soon.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Clay wrote:Dunno, maybe. I know a lot of people had that complaint about the Encore Bruticus.
Could be somethig similar as they have both been reissued a ton of times but the Bruticus is surely more.
It seems to have been released in just about every line since G1.
bowspearer

Post by bowspearer »

They say a picture says a thousand words, so here goes:

Image (yes it's MISB for anyone wondering)
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

secretcode wrote:Not sure if I posted in here, but I picked up Long Haul a few weeks back.
*GASP*
Are those flip-out swords.:eek:
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Raze
Protoform

Post by Raze »

Raze wrote:Picked up Classics Dragstrip for £22 who's absolutely awesome in my opinion.

The Universe Superion box set for £29 which I'm enjoying, not combined them yet (waiting for the add on kit which is on the way) but I think the robot modes are quite good if lacking in decent looking weapons.

Fansproject does it again :clap:
Love Superion and they've really improved the individual robot modes as well which I already liked anyway. So it's win win for me!
Wanted Used or New -
Henkei Classics Dirge, Thrust. Universe Hound (Ravage not needed)
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Got my 25th anniversary Insecticons and Perceptor from Toysrus.com!:up:
Perceptor came with all his stickers applied, a bit sloppily, but it would look the same if I had done it. The Insecticons, you have to put them on yourself, which kind of sucks if you're not very good at it like me.
Damn, I didn't realize these Insecticons were so tiny. I was alot smaller myself, last time I saw one.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Anybody know if any UK stockists are going to be carrying the Insecticons?
BTW the TFC reissue of Perceptor also had all the stickers preapplied-which I much prefer.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

I ordered the TRU exclusive Perceptor from their website. It shipped today so I hope It'll get here by Friday.

I'm considering getting the incecticons as well but I've already got G1's so I'm not sure.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Skidmark wrote:*GASP*
Are those flip-out swords.:eek:
Well. More like hooks. But yeah. And where they flip out at can fold into different positions, so finding an unhindered pose is easy.

Sad thing is, having two of the constructicons makes me want the other two. Mixmaster I'd have no problem with, but Demolishor/Scavenger/Whatever-the-hell-he-calls-himself-this-week is a big turn off.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

secretcode wrote:Well. More like hooks. But yeah. And where they flip out at can fold into different positions, so finding an unhindered pose is easy.

Sad thing is, having two of the constructicons makes me want the other two. Mixmaster I'd have no problem with, but Demolishor/Scavenger/Whatever-the-hell-he-calls-himself-this-week is a big turn off.
I've been thinking about getting Long Haul but keep putting him off. Now that He has some cool gimmick I want to get him next time I see him on the shelf. The other constructicons I don't care about so much.

BTW Demolisher is really cool. Buy him. You won't regret it.:)
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen