Has anybody bothered compiling a list of Bumblebee's soundclips yet?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Halfshell

Has anybody bothered compiling a list of Bumblebee's soundclips yet?

Post by Halfshell »

There's got to be somebody out there with that little a life...
Prons
Protoform

Post by Prons »

What are we talking about now?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Prons
What are we talking about now?

Geek-related lead times for data collation.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Digging up a slightly old thread but... is there any conclusive proof and/or statement that Bumblebee's final words in the 2007 movie "Permission to speak, sir... I wish to stay with the boy" are not just another soundclip that Bumblebee rustled up from his files?

Only Sam comments on this and he could well be wrong. It's not like Ratched piped up with a "**** me, you can talk all of a sudden", and Prime may just be playing to the situation after the big ass fight and losing a redshirt.

It seems an incredibly odd voice in an Alfred from Batman type way. Andno-one says a word about his mute-ness in the second film. I've been trawling through old threads here but haven't found a definitive answer so far...

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Auntie Slag wrote:Andno-one says a word about his mute-ness in the second film.
Aside from the bit where they say his voice is still playing up.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It'd totally explain why he's still communicating in Stereoese in the second one, wouldn't it? I believe all 'proof' is meta stuff - it being done by a voice actor who was then told he'd totally be voicing the character throughout RotF, only by a complete and utter coincidence they cut all his lines in that film and went with the stereo instead. In terms of the fiction (i.e. what actually counts) it certainly wasn't confirmed.

Well, it might have been in one of the comics, but they're a load of shite.

EDIT: @ Halfshell - could be that repairs still haven't been completed, right?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Yeah, why not.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

sam actually says that bee's deliberately playing it up

then again, sam knows jack
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It's quite ambiguous in RotF, because unlike the first one there aren't really any scenes where he actually has trouble communicating - so you can pretty much pick and choose. I do like the idea that it was never repaired, though, as it feels less contrived that him magically losing it at around the same time Megatron comes back and tries to **** over the planet again.

I mean, if you could talk entirely in cool recorded soundbites and quotes, it'd be tempting to do it a lot of the time, wouldn't it? :o
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Cliffjumper wrote:I mean, if you could talk entirely in cool recorded soundbites and quotes, it'd be tempting to do it a lot of the time, wouldn't it? :o
The only reason I don't speak exclusively in quotes and lyrics is because one of my friends insists on being sidetracked into an in-depth dissection of the film in question whenever I do.
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

Auntie Slag wrote:Digging up a slightly old thread but... is there any conclusive proof and/or statement that Bumblebee's final words in the 2007 movie "Permission to speak, sir... I wish to stay with the boy" are not just another soundclip that Bumblebee rustled up from his files?
Is it not from Oliver? I'm sure I heard that when the G/F was watching that thrice-blasted film.
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Bringing Robots Into Disgrace Since 1984
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Grufflock wrote:Is it not from Oliver? I'm sure I heard that when the G/F was watching that thrice-blasted film.
Oliver!'s a Columbia film, who are owned by Sony. They had the rights to sound clips from any movie in the Paramount library. I know this from reading an interview with the Kurtzman/Orci composite where there was at one point the intent to have a "I feel the need... the need for speed" bit.

So probably not.

Wooha.

Unless that was a gag, in which case ignore the geek I just spilt.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I'm fairly sure a voice actor was credited for the staying with the boy line
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Couldn't tell you if he was credited, but Mark Ryan did that line. That'd be meta, though - in-universe, there's nothing to say it isn't from something else, however.
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

I could more than likely be wrong, but I swear I heard that line. I'll as the G/F. And she'll look at me like a cow looking at an oncoming train. and ask "what?"

That'll be the way it happens.
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Bringing Robots Into Disgrace Since 1984
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

Halfshell wrote:There's got to be somebody out there with that little a life...
Maybe not, or they would have made a South Park episode about him by now.

(I'm sorry if any World of Warcraft people feel I'm stepping on toes, because it is unintentional on my part.)
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"